The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

I quickly looked how fast we could get out of B-Rex’s contract and it’s pretty iron clad. We’re with him for at least until after 2020. And even then it’s a 8M cap hit in ‘21. 

We could afford him but that’s a heavy contract going forward. With Carson on the horizon, I don’t think there’s a way. But Howie has done some magical ish in his life. I fully expect another DE in here come September but maybe just a veteran rotational guy. 

28 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I quickly looked how fast we could get out of B-Rex’s contract and it’s pretty iron clad. We’re with him for at least until after 2020. And even then it’s a 8M cap hit in ‘21. 

We could afford him but that’s a heavy contract going forward. With Carson on the horizon, I don’t think there’s a way. But Howie has done some magical ish in his life. I fully expect another DE in here come September but maybe just a veteran rotational guy. 

Yeah it's a super weird structure. It's either a 3 year deal or a 5 year deal. 4th year pretty much ensures the 5th.

52 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeah it's a super weird structure. It's either a 3 year deal or a 5 year deal. 4th year pretty much ensures the 5th.

No way T-rex sees years 4 and 5. Might not year 3 without and adjustment?

Besides Peter's, who else should  be coming off the books next year? Most likely cut/gone? His money could be put towards a Clowney contract after this season but I think that's going towards Wentz's. Or at least that is part of the plan.

BG, Barnett, Curry, Sweat, Hall, Miller 

Cox, Jackson, Jernigan , Ridgeway, Hector, Rush, Williams. 

I've seen worse. Health is our biggest concern with the core 6!!

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

No way T-rex sees years 4 and 5. Might not year 3 without and adjustment?

Besides Peter's, who else should  be coming off the books next year? Most likely cut/gone? His money could be put towards a Clowney contract after this season but I think that's going towards Wentz's. Or at least that is part of the plan.

BG, Barnett, Curry, Sweat, Hall, Miller 

Cox, Jackson, Jernigan , Ridgeway, Hector, Rush, Williams. 

I've seen worse. Health is our biggest concern with the core 6!!

I'm gonna be honest, next year we are $1.5 Million over the cap as it stands right now, and the only realistic person I could see being remotely worth cutting is Alshon at $10.5 Million in savings. Really depends how we feel about JJ, but still I'm not keen on it. Obviously we'll be able to kick the can again with restructures, but unlike a few years prior, there aren't any easy savings to be made next off season in terms of cuts.

59 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm gonna be honest, next year we are $1.5 Million over the cap as it stands right now, and the only realistic person I could see being remotely worth cutting is Alshon at $10.5 Million in savings. Really depends how we feel about JJ, but still I'm not keen on it. Obviously we'll be able to kick the can again with restructures, but unlike a few years prior, there aren't any easy savings to be made next off season in terms of cuts.

There’s some wiggle room with some guys. Especially a contract like Carson. He can have a base of 2M next year and a spread out signing bonus throughout 8 (?) years. Signing bonus of 80M or so. He could carry a cap hit of 14-18-25M for the first few years of that deal. And then, once those big salary years kick in, we’d need to start making some business decisions. You can do a lot with the cap with signing and roster bonuses. But yea, there will be a time to pay the piper. 

On 5/24/2019 at 1:29 PM, Danger said:

Alshon is gone next year I think. 

3 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Louis Riddick said he thinks Wentz will win MVP this season anda  bunch of bears fans are posting pictures of mitch trubiksy, kind of weird how they dont know he sucks.

Everything about the Bears is like Walmart brand Eagles...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Louis Riddick said he thinks Wentz will win MVP this season anda  bunch of bears fans are posting pictures of mitch trubiksy, kind of weird how they dont know he sucks.

Only thing stopping him from being a top contender , is health and the health of this Team.

If he plays all 16-20 gms this year, Sky's the limit. There is Talent throughout every level of this offense. 

OL, TE, WR, RB, not many flaws or glaring holes "if healthy".

Edited by Nabbs4u

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 4:03 PM, nlesthought said:

Peters and Johnson sitting

OL consisted of (L/R) 

Dillard/Seumalo/Kelce/Vaitai/Mailata (rugby) 

Thought for sure Mailata would be kicked inside. No Pryor huh?  

I think no Pryor on the second unit is the most disappointing thing to me, the rest make a bunch of sense.

Dillard is a rookie, keep him at his position and get him used to the NFL.
Mailata is going into his second year, cross train him to play both Right and Left tackle
Vaitai is proficient at both tackle spots, cross train him at guard.

16 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

He's actually really bad if you discount his Tampa Bay Fluke game where he passed for 6 TDs. (I watched each one, 5 of them were literally wide open, Tampa just gifted him stats)

Outside of that game, his passer rating is 89.0, putting him firmly at 27th in the league. Behind the likes of: Jameis Winston, Andy Dalton, Eli Manning, Marcus Mariota, and Nick Mullens.

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 4:29 PM, Danger said:

I hate to say this because I used to be REALLY on top of the cap stuff. I don't even look anymore. Howie's wizardry is something I've learn to accept.

5 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I think no Pryor on the second unit is the most disappointing thing to me, the rest make a bunch of sense.

Dillard is a rookie, keep him at his position and get him used to the NFL.
Mailata is going into his second year, cross train him to play both Right and Left tackle
Vaitai is proficient at both tackle spots, cross train him at guard.

I agree on everything aside from the Vaitai/Mailata points. 

I think Vaitai has proved to be a swing tackle keeping him at tackle for depth makes sense. I just think Vaitai is top heavy and wouldn't be a good OG. Mailata however is still considered a long shot project. Being kicked inside may help him 

10 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I agree on everything aside from the Vaitai/Mailata points. 

I think Vaitai has proved to be a swing tackle keeping him at tackle for depth makes sense. I just think Vaitai is top heavy and wouldn't be a good OG. Mailata however is still considered a long shot project. Being kicked inside may help him 

Oh I don't disagree, Vaitai is still the first tackle off the bench in case of injury but it doesn't hurt to see if he'd be the first guy off the bench at Guard as well. If it doesn't work you still have an established swing tackle, no harm/no foul.

I also think that this is a move that really shows our lack of depth and Pryor not taking the next step at G. Seumalo (our C of the Future?) starting at LG, Brooks coming off a serious injury and probably not starting the season at RG the FO was forced to bring back Wis (who has issues with Peters) and start training Vaitai to be a G is Howie's way of plugging a hole.