The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

23 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

some people are saying maybe extending carson but i think that's dumb right now. Gotta see the guy stay healthy for once.

We wouldn’t even need to do this if it was Wentz, why push Ertz salary down the line if it was that. I think it’s soemthing this year. Maybe Suh after May 7th when comp picks aren’t effected

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

some people are saying maybe extending carson but i think that's dumb right now. Gotta see the guy stay healthy for once.

if it was a more habitual injury, like constant hamstrings, or other type of muscle injuries...I'd be much more concerned. They are kinda one offs.

He was the best young QB in the league two years ago. And stats wise he was not far off this year despite everything going on.

If you can lock him in now and have him at a manageable number..it's not the dumbest thing. Especially if we can get ahead of some of these other deals.

The cap is gonna shoot up in the coming years (natural progression, gambling money, new CBA) 

Just give him a fair deal with escalators for performance/wins and move on, no reason to try and nickel and dime him.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

if it was a more habitual injury, like constant hamstrings, or other type of muscle injuries...I'd be much more concerned. They are kinda one offs.

He was the best young QB in the league two years ago. And stats wise he was not far off this year despite everything going on.

If you can lock him in now and have him at a manageable number..it's not the dumbest thing. Especially if we can get ahead of some of these other deals.

The cap is gonna shoot up in the coming years (natural progression, gambling money, new CBA) 

Just give him a fair deal with escalators for performance/wins and move on, no reason to try and nickel and dime him.

guy had broken 3 bones and tore multipler ligaments the past 4 years straight. you want to see him stay healthy.

9 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

guy had broken 3 bones and tore multipler ligaments the past 4 years straight. you want to see him stay healthy.

it'd be nice...but when has Howie not handled contracts well?

It's not like if we give a 6 year $150 we are locked in. Nor will his Cap hit be $25m a year.

It would be nice to wait and see, but do we do that at the risk of losing a starter every year? Do we risk a deal like Russell Wilson's going through and putting in cap percentages and screwing us over? 

Personally there isn't a rush, let him play this year. Maybe sign him during the bye if it's all roses, maybe you wait.

I just don't get why they are clearing space unless it's for Wentz. The only other move is a young pass rusher that they would trade for and then sign.
Like trade for Clowney or Clark and extend him. 

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

it'd be nice...but when has Howie not handled contracts well?

It's not like if we give a 6 year $150 we are locked in. Nor will his Cap hit be $25m a year.

It would be nice to wait and see, but do we do that at the risk of losing a starter every year? Do we risk a deal like Russell Wilson's going through and putting in cap percentages and screwing us over? 

Personally there isn't a rush, let him play this year. Maybe sign him during the bye if it's all roses, maybe you wait.

I just don't get why they are clearing space unless it's for Wentz. The only other move is a young pass rusher that they would trade for and then sign.
Like trade for Clowney or Clark and extend him. 

i think howie is waiting for his post may 7th spending spree

1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

Apparently Mills got hands beating up the bigger guy 

Hes 6'8, but only weighs 9 lbs more than Mills, who isn't exactly jacked at 191 lbs. That's basically a human stick figure. His legs probably look like Dikembe mutombo's arms.

Edited by Jeezla