The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

On 4/13/2019 at 4:30 PM, Jeezla said:

I bet Jalen swung and missed,  but the wind was enough to send the guy tumbleweeding into nearby objects

You’re also saying Mills has enough force in swing he can move a 200lb person...I wonder why he can’t jolt a WR on the jam like that?

On 4/12/2019 at 11:35 PM, Jeezla said:

Wouldn't mind just rolling 25m into next year's cap space.

If we can’t get Clowney Clark or Suh I want to do this. We would have like 56 mill next year in cap ( without Wentz contract ). We need to start front loading contracts that year or we can go all in and sign one year contracts again. I want to sign Wentz before the new cba, I bet they’re gonna add a percentage that makes the players get paid better . I want to resign as many players before that

Here’s some no base speculation for those that speculated about that Frank Clark speculation. Speculation. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/eagles/2019/04/nfl-rumors-are-seahawks-open-to-dealing-frank-clark-should-eagles-be-interested.html%3foutputType=amp

Unless there’s some wiggle out of that BG contract next year, I don’t see it happening. Would love to replace Graham with Clark though if I could do that. Even if I had to eat some of that BG money next year.  And of course, we’d have to offer a second at least. 

13 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

If we can’t get Clowney Clark or Suh I want to do this. We would have like 56 mill next year in cap ( without Wentz contract ). We need to start front loading contracts that year or we can go all in and sign one year contracts again. I want to sign Wentz before the new cba, I bet they’re gonna add a percentage that makes the players get paid better . I want to resign as many players before that

My CMJ moment of the year would be Suh coming here on a very friendly veteran deal. 

All these teams jockin Howie’s style of the compensatory pick strategy. They caught on too quick. Now these borderline good FAs will be signed in May to skirt those rules. I’m sure the league will have to put some other stipulation in to negate the screwing around. Almost like a 2nd FA period, if I understand the rules correctly. Be nice to take advantage for this year though. 

27 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

My CMJ moment of the year would be Suh coming here on a very friendly veteran deal. 

All these teams jockin Howie’s style of the compensatory pick strategy. They caught on too quick. Now these borderline good FAs will be signed in May to skirt those rules. I’m sure the league will have to put some other stipulation in to negate the screwing around. Almost like a 2nd FA period, if I understand the rules correctly. Be nice to take advantage for this year though. 

Cox Jackson and Suh as our 3 man rotation will be awesome 

42 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Here’s some no base speculation for those that speculated about that Frank Clark speculation. Speculation. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/eagles/2019/04/nfl-rumors-are-seahawks-open-to-dealing-frank-clark-should-eagles-be-interested.html%3foutputType=amp

Unless there’s some wiggle out of that BG contract next year, I don’t see it happening. Would love to replace Graham with Clark though if I could do that. Even if I had to eat some of that BG money next year.  And of course, we’d have to offer a second at least. 

I think we back load his contract and structure it like d Lawrence contract. By the time Barnett needs a contract we can cut graham. Plus we might even save 6 mill if Chris long retires. Clark and Barnet will solidify our DE position for the next 6 years 

1 hour ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I think we back load his contract and structure it like d Lawrence contract. By the time Barnett needs a contract we can cut graham. Plus we might even save 6 mill if Chris long retires. Clark and Barnet will solidify our DE position for the next 6 years 

Kind of makes sense. I’d be for it tbh

58 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

2 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Kind of makes sense. I’d be for it tbh

If they could swing it and not have to give up that 1st or both 2nds, would be sweet

I don't think I would like trading away our first, but packaging one of our seconds with a player and/or pick from next year would be dope. Not sure what the asking price for a 25 year old DE coming off 13 sacks would be. I assume that since Clark would have to be paid big time, Howie could probably pull off something similar to what I described.