The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

37 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Pay attention to DJ Alexander possibly to JAX today. If he gets a qualifying offer, we can get that 4th round comp pick back. 

And Ajayi has to land somewhere right? wth 

Anyone with eyes can see he has valgus knees, and coming off an ACL with such knees is a pointless investment.

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

Pay attention to DJ Alexander possibly to JAX today. If he gets a qualifying offer, we can get that 4th round comp pick back. 

And Ajayi has to land somewhere right? wth 

I saw that on BGN, I doubt Alexander gets one, a month past the beginning of FA and he's purely a ST. If he does salute his agent. 

Ajayi is done. He'll have to wait until an injury or two occur. 

They should just cut that safety, I'm tired of making sure I spelled his name correctly... 

• Like 2

On 4/21/2019 at 11:53 AM, Danger said:

Yeah without a credible source backing it. I give it no credence. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/eagles/2019/05/nfl-rumors-eagles-malcolm-jenkins-skipping-voluntary-workouts-is-he-holding-out-for-a-new-contract.html%3foutputType=amp 

Looks like it finally got out 

Edited by DeSean Jackson

36 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I hope that’s not the case, Howie will work his magic throw some guarantees at him maybe even extend him past his current FA period. Problem is he’s older but we don’t know if Jenkins can continue that level of play

On 5/2/2019 at 11:34 AM, nlesthought said:

I saw that on BGN, I doubt Alexander gets one, a month past the beginning of FA and he's purely a ST. If he does salute his agent. 

Ajayi is done. He'll have to wait until an injury or two occur. 

They should just cut that safety, I'm tired of making sure I spelled his name correctly... 

This is the real issue here 

3 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I hope that’s not the case, Howie will work his magic throw some guarantees at him maybe even extend him past his current FA period. Problem is he’s older but we don’t know if Jenkins can continue that level of play

Yeah I’m iffy on that as well. I would give him an extra 2 mill per year and that’s it. I would like to roll over as much cap space as we can for next offseason. 

It looks more and more like were going to lose a 4th due to Sendajo, I think we would get a bad rep if we release him before the 7th... 

edit:: I think it only matters if he’s on the team half way through the season. I remember sam Bradford got cut so Vikings lost a comp pick.

Edited by DeSean Jackson

2 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:

It looks more and more like were going to lose a 4th due to Sendajo, I think we would get a bad rep if we release him before the 7th... 

edit:: I think it only matters if he’s on the team half way through the season. I remember sam Bradford got cut so Vikings lost a comp pick.

yeah we have plenty of time to cut him but can only do so if we have some younger players step up.

I think keeping Sendejo would be beneficial. I think he’ll be a good box safety/depth piece (what Ninja alluded to in the Zach Brown thread). He’s not an incredibly good player but he was a starter on an incredibly good defense (Vikes 2017).

Cutting a guy just to save a late fourth round draft pick is a bad look too.

I always forget we have Fort. 

I wouldn't mind trading Malcolm. We're probably just going to end up cutting him in 1 or 2 years. Might as well get something for him while he has some trade value. He's important to our defense, but maybe it's time for Maddox to show off the leadership he was touted for at Pitt. If not Maddox, then someone else should be able to step up, that is under the age of 30, and can lead the huddle for the next 3 or 4 or more years. Doesn't have to be a safety, but Nigel and Zach aren't exactly known to be the sharpest bricks in the tool drawer.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I wouldn't mind trading Malcolm. We're probably just going to end up cutting him in 1 or 2 years. Might as well get something for him while he has some trade value. He's important to our defense, but maybe it's time for Maddox to show off the leadership he was touted for at Pitt. If not Maddox, then someone else should be able to step up, that is under the age of 30, and can lead the huddle for the next 3 or 4 or more years. Doesn't have to be a safety, but Nigel and Zach aren't exactly known to be the sharpest bricks in the tool drawer.

Malcolm means way to much to us to trade him for anything besides something crazy. I rather get nothing and keep him till the wheels fall off

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Trading Malcom right now leaves a huge hole in our defense. Considering we have talent to make a run, not a great idea.