The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

5 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

Trading Malcom right now leaves a huge hole in our defense. Considering we have talent to make a run, not a great idea.

His versatility and ability to play almost any position in the back 7 basically, is irreplaceable right now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I always forget we have Fort. 

I wouldn't mind trading Malcolm. We're probably just going to end up cutting him in 1 or 2 years. Might as well get something for him while he has some trade value. He's important to our defense, but maybe it's time for Maddox to show off the leadership he was touted for at Pitt. If not Maddox, then someone else should be able to step up, that is under the age of 30, and can lead the huddle for the next 3 or 4 or more years. Doesn't have to be a safety, but Nigel and Zach aren't exactly known to be the sharpest bricks in the tool drawer.

CloseDelectableCod-small.gif

this is a bad take and you should feel bad 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

CloseDelectableCod-small.gif

this is a bad take and you should feel bad 

We won a sb giving up like 100 points. This team goes as far as the offense takes them. And better a year early than a year late is the way this team has always done business aside from JP. Malcolm is 31. Will be 32 by playoffs. I'm not saying we should, necessarily, I'm just saying I wouldn't mind, because I don't think it would ultimately make a difference. Carson Wentz is all that really matters. And Fletcher Cox. If those two are balling, we're probably winning. 

Edited by Jeezla

40 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

We won a sb giving up like 100 points. This team goes as far as the offense takes them. And better a year early than a year late is the way this team has always done business aside from JP. Malcolm is 31. Will be 32 by playoffs. I'm not saying we should, necessarily, I'm just saying I wouldn't mind, because I don't think it would ultimately make a difference. Carson Wentz is all that really matters. And Fletcher Cox. If those two are balling, we're probably winning. 

We also beat the falcons due to our defense. Jenkins is a leader for us and we need him atleast this year. He’s arguably the second most important player on our defense 

I applaud taking the take @Jeezla

its different 

I just don't think we are in a position to do it.
He covered a ton of holes and played the entire time. Think it would be terrible 

And that's not to mention all the off the field stuff he does for the team.
Our most vocal/accountable leader on the team.
Would have a negative hit on the lockerroom

Not saying you can't get over that, but it's worth considering.

Also no one seems to value safeties enough to offer up something intriguing.

7 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I repeat. It’s a bad take and you should feel bad 

I'm gonna be honest, I'm really not sure how I feel about the Brandon Graham contract, If we cut him after 2 seasons (in 2021) we save $6.25 in cap, but still have $10M in dead cap. If we cut him in 2022, we actually $3.375M in cap.

Means we're probably going to be committed to him for 4 seasons. If he doesn't pick up his game from last season this is going to be a terrible contract.

46 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm gonna be honest, I'm really not sure how I feel about the Brandon Graham contract, If we cut him after 2 seasons (in 2021) we save $6.25 in cap, but still have $10M in dead cap. If we cut him in 2022, we actually $3.375M in cap.

Means we're probably going to be committed to him for 4 seasons. If he doesn't pick up his game from last season this is going to be a terrible contract.

he had surgery before the season started he probably wasnt healthy before like midseason.

I get the take on Jenkins, I don’t agree that we have someone who can replace him right now. I hope he hasn’t started to regress but we ask him to do a lot. Hopefully Schwartz/whomever will consider reducing his number of snaps. If week 1-5 and we have a certain 2nd & 10 and you need him to cover a slot...why can’t we have Maddox in with McLeod and Sullivan/Sendejo? 

Kind of like basketball/baseball save his legs for the playoff stretch. (Taking time off of practice I don’t believe does anything FWIW.) Of course that goes against all things football but when you’re talking about an aging team with a window. You have to consider all possible scenarios.

Looks like DJ Alexander’s contract isn’t worthy of a comp pick so we’re still sitting on the two next year. And with May 7th in a couple days, that’s all that’s going to happen to help us with comps. I think after the Countess pickup, Sendejo has to REALLY impress to stick with the team. Any other year I’m sure he has no issue but with a 4th round pick staring at you, he gets cut. LJ Fort is another guy we can cut to recoup the 4th but seeing that the LB competition for the depth spots are going to be pretty intense, he may keep on. 

And I’m pretty sure we can cut these guys in the middle of the year and still get the comp back so we’d have some time to see how things shake out. 

Also, curious to see this “new” FA period after the 7th. Wonder how aggressive Howie will be. Suh, Ansah and G Jeff Allen are some targets I expect Howie to  inquire about. Though Suh is my pipe dream at this point. Only way he comes here is if he forgoes some cash for ring chasing. What an insane DT unit that would be though. 

Edited by Jroc04