The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

I'm a little excited for D Jax, but I am more excited to see what the Jordan Howard/Miles Sanders combo looks like. I feel like both guys are rhythm runners that do best as the clear lead back, so we'll see how a time-share works out, or if one of them can assert himself as "The guy". Also hoping Malik Jackson is in the best shape of his life and that D-Wreck is ready to take at least a small step forward, if not a big one.

13 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I'm a little excited for D Jax, but I am more excited to see what the Jordan Howard/Miles Sanders combo looks like. I feel like both guys are rhythm runners that do best as the clear lead back, so we'll see how a time-share works out, or if one of them can assert himself as "The guy". Also hoping Malik Jackson is in the best shape of his life and that D-Wreck is ready to take at least a small step forward, if not a big one.

Yeah, I feel like I haven't really thought about just how different things will be with two runners like that. 
I think having Duce helps maintain those rotations, he seems to keep things competitive and get guys to buy in. 
But not sure how it will look yet, Sanders only having a year of starting time has me thinking he either will be held up or break out and I have no clue which way it will go.

24 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Have they given reason as to why they waited until now?

Our current chairman said the more he sat in with the staff he began noticing things he didn’t like such as; indecisiveness, lack of inclusiveness between core members of the front office and overall the qualities he wants in a GM our current one had not been exhibiting. 

A late firing but better late than in January. Now you guys can send Douglas over and we can let him build his staff now and prepare for 2020.

Edited by KingOfTheDot

20 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Our current chairman said the more he sat in with the staff he began noticing things he didn’t like such as; indecisiveness, lack of inclusiveness between core members of the front office and overall the qualities he wants in a GM our current one had not been exhibiting. 

A late firing but better late than in January. Now you guys can send Douglas over and we can let him build his staff now and prepare for 2020.

Gotcha, it just would've been such a tempting job.
nd that GM could really have sway in crafting the team with those assets and who the coach would be.

39 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Gotcha, it just would've been such a tempting job.
nd that GM could really have sway in crafting the team with those assets and who the coach would be.

Our power structure has the coach and GM on the same level so they’d have to work in concert. 

That’s why I want Douglas, who has a history with Gase.