The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Lol

you ain't a credible source bruh lmfao

Just now, DeSean Jackson said:

Told you guys

Just because you were right about this one thing doesn't mean you are now credible and you also look like a fool for trying to shove it our faces like a teenager. I remember the first time I was right about something my sports team did.

Edited by Danger

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

you ain't a credible source bruh lmfao

Just because you were right about this one thing doesn't mean you are now credible and you also look like a fool for trying to shove it our faces like a teenager. I remember the first time I was right about something my sports team did.

You guys gave me crap, I reported it more then a month ago just to inform you guys and you just blew me off. So yes, I’m here to prove you that I was right. It’s not about being right, it’s what I heard and was doing everyone a favor by reporting it here first. How would I have known before anyone else in the media by 2 weeks if I wasn’t credible ?

Edited by DeSean Jackson

You guys gave me crap, I reported it more then a month ago just to inform you guys and you just blew me off. So yes, I’m here to prove you that I was right. It’s not about being right, it’s what I heard and was doing everyone a favor by reporting it here first. 

You're never going to hear more backlash around here than suggesting something without a source. Nor did you suggest it was merely speculation. When you present things in such a way no one is going to acknowledge you with any sort of credence. 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

You're never going to hear more backlash around here than suggesting something without a source. Nor did you suggest it was merely speculation. When you present things in such a way no one is going to acknowledge you with any sort of credence. 

Why would I tell you guys my source? Lol 

Why would I tell you guys my source? Lol 

1. You don't have to give us a source, just suggest, "someone who wishes to remain anonymous" or "I've heard it through the grapevine." That way people will know that you're not just hardcore bluffing like NUMEROUS fools have on this sight before. e.g. @MVPatrickMahomes15 and his whole "Landon Collins has already signed with the Chiefs. I have a source"
2. You had no previous track record for us to take your word on. You're just some random guy suggesting something. --- Hyperbole Alert: When Adam Schefter says something, people usually believe him, why because he has a history of being right. You don't have a history of being wrong, you just don't have a history, so why should you be given the time of day on such a thing?

In other words, using the phrasing "My source" is basically the biggest of memes around here, so if you want people to not believe you, just say that. Saying things as fact, rather than belief or expectation. 

The fact that you were correct should be vindication enough, quit being a dingus and just nod your head humbly.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

1. You don't have to give us a source, just suggest, "someone who wishes to remain anonymous" or "I've heard it through the grapevine." That way people will know that you're not just hardcore bluffing like NUMEROUS fools have on this sight before. e.g. @MVPatrickMahomes15 and his whole "Landon Collins has already signed with the Chiefs. I have a source"
2. You had no previous track record for us to take your word on. You're just some random guy suggesting something. --- Hyperbole Alert: When Adam Schefter says something, people usually believe him, why because he has a history of being right. You don't have a history of being wrong, you just don't have a history, so why should you be given the time of day on such a thing?

Well I’m one for one, and it’s up to you guys to believe me. I only get some stuff, but it’s not bluff when I do get the info

2 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Well I’m one for one, and it’s up to you guys to believe me. I only get some stuff, but it’s not bluff when I do get the info

Yeah, and now most of us here will likely entertain the possibility of something when you bring it up.

If you want people to believe you, a lot of the time it has more to do with not what you say, but rather how you say things.

Edited by Danger

It’s pretty simple. If a poster on this site had an actual “source” or a person of information that was actually legit, why in the world would they post it here and gather random internet fame? For every poster that says, “yea, I got the news from a source I can’t disclose” and is right, there’s 50 that we’re wrong. Eventually, someone’s going to hit the lottery and be right. 

Now, if for some odd reason this is actually an actual source close to the Eagles, theyre not exactly smart for letting any info out to a rando. And honestly, if anyone was getting fed info from someone actually knowledgeable they’re much better served getting it to some sort of media outlet. What’s the gain by telling some internet dudes on a little football discussion board? Not that anyone would take you very serious. I’m sure any body first starting out wouldn’t be taken seriously until there’s a track record. 

My buddy at work told me Harper was signing with the Dodgers. He said he had a source. Some Comcast higher up that may be privy to such information. Big CEO guys tend to run together and share information. And maybe that’s an actual legit source but I laughed him off when he said it and laughed even harder when he was wrong. And I know and respect the guy. Not that I even responded to this little nugget but why would anyone take any credence in anything someone says here “with a source”? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:

You guys gave me crap, I reported it more then a month ago just to inform you guys and you just blew me off. So yes, I’m here to prove you that I was right. It’s not about being right, it’s what I heard and was doing everyone a favor by reporting it here first. How would I have known before anyone else in the media by 2 weeks if I wasn’t credible ?

You didn't report anything, and you're not a reporter. You had a friend tell you something that you posted on a message board. 

• Like 1