The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I´m not a fan of losing Douglas, we need more football guys. I love Howie in March and hate him in April.

He's not the best at evaluating talent in college, but he's certainly not awful. So long as we bring in someone else to fill in Joe's role we'll be alright.

I think this way, he can sign and replace either Jenkins or Sendejo. He starts in place of Jenkins or we get that 4th back by releasing Sendejo. But I think he signs either way. It’ll get pretty complicated for Jenkins if there’s some stalemate. 

Just pay Jenkins,

But makes sense to stack the position, 

Not sure when Jenk comes back, not sure how well Rodney comes back...and he wasnt exactly irreplaceable before that...and then Sendejo as we all know has the 4th round pick to compete with. Throw assets at a problem, see what sticks

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Just pay Jenkins,

But makes sense to stack the position, 

Not sure when Jenk comes back, not sure how well Rodney comes back...and he wasnt exactly irreplaceable before that...and then Sendejo as we all know has the 4th round pick to compete with. Throw assets at a problem, see what sticks

4th round pick > Sendejo

12 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I think this way, he can sign and replace either Jenkins or Sendejo. He starts in place of Jenkins or we get that 4th back by releasing Sendejo. But I think he signs either way. It’ll get pretty complicated for Jenkins if there’s some stalemate. 

Cyprien isnt good though.No way this has anything to do with Jenkins this is a get a 4th round pick move.

13 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

There's no reason to waste the money on him unless it is to replace Sendejo? Cyprien will never be an upgrade over Jenkins! Never.

5 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Cyprien isnt good though.No way this has anything to do with Jenkins this is a get a 4th round pick move.

It will if Jenkins doesn’t come back. 

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

There's no reason to waste the money on him unless it is to replace Sendejo? Cyprien will never be an upgrade over Jenkins! Never.

Obviously. But if Jenkins is feeling disrespected and can’t get a new deal worked out then that’s just the logical outcome. 

Has there been talks about a new contract? 

Also I see Cyprien as more of a CF/3rd safety cover TEs type. Senedjo is purely a box player/ST lacking coverage skills. If Cyprien can play ST to a degree. 

Bad thing is we are throwing low level assets at the position. Nothing is sticking 

1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

Who? 

Don't recall his name, how was he on the team in Sept (of '17)? Seriously, he was claimed/cut in a 10 day span...high expectations. 

Hey, the Giants starting center played for 7 teams over the last 5 years including the Boston Brawlers and Brooklyn Bolts of the Fall Experimental league until the Giants uncovered that diamond.....don't rule our boy out yet!!

Eagles shake up medical staff, sources say

Arsh Dhanota, the medical director of non-operative sports medicine at Penn Medicine, has been named chief medical officer, according to league sources. In this newly created position, he will oversee the entire medical staff and be responsible for streamlining communication throughout all departments.

Meanwhile, the team is parting ways with head team physician and head internist Stephen A. Stache, who was in that role for just one year.

The Eagles had more than a 50% increase in the number of regular-season games lost to injury in 2018, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. The revamped staff came under public scrutiny as questions surrounding injuries to high-profile members of the Eagles cropped up. There was a perception problem among some players in the locker room when it came to the medical team as the season went along, sources said, one that the addition of Dhanota could help fix.

• Like 1