The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

On 2/16/2019 at 1:16 PM, Jeezla said:

Josh Jacobs is that dude. Here he is against Montez Sweat/Jeff Simmons:

I think he'll go before pick 25 though. We probably need to trade up to 21 to get him. Ravens at 22, Texans at 23, and Raiders at 24 could all use him. 

I know it's all guess work but i've seen some mocks with him going top 10. 

5 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

I know it's all guess work but i've seen some mocks with him going top 10. 

Could happen, but not likely. Bills are the only top 10 team I could see pulling the trigger, but they need everything. Not sure they can afford to take RB over OL or DK Metcalf if he's there.

After the Bills pick at 9, the next most likely team to draft him is probably the Falcons at 14 (Tevin Coleman is leaving, Devonta Freeman didn't look the same even before the injury, Ito Smith was no better than Smallwood), but I don't think they will take an RB either. I saw him mocked to the Bucs at 11, but they just used a 2nd on a RB. Yes, he was a bust, but it's probably too early to give up on him, so I don't see the Bucs as serious Josh Jacobs suitors either. Same goes for the Seahawks, which makes the Ravens at 22 the first real threat to draft Jacobs, imo.

I could see the Bills trading down 5-6 spots, and then taking Jacobs, but barring a trade down scenario I think 22 is the earliest he goes.

1 Cardinals - Not taking a RB (David Johnson)

2 49ers - Not taking a RB (Too early for Jacobs)

3 Jets - Not taking a RB  (Too early for Jacobs)

4 Raiders - Not taking a RB (Too early for Jacobs)

5 Buccaneers - Not taking a RB (Drafted Ronald Jones in 2nd last year, still too early for Jacobs)

6 Giants - Not taking a RB (Saquon)

7 Jaguars - Not taking a RB (Fournette)

8 Lions - Not taking a RB (Kerryon)

9 Bills - Maybe, but doubtful (Need to draft OL/DL/WR)

10 Broncos - Not taking a RB (Lindsay/Royce)

11 Bengals - Not taking a RB (Mixon)

12 Packers - Not taking a RB (Aaron Jones)

13 Dolphins - Maybe, but doubtful (Need to draft QB)

14 Falcons - Maybe

15 Washington - Not taking a RB (Guice)

16 Panthers - Not taking a RB (Caff)

17 Browns - Not taking a RB (Hunt/Chubb)

18 Vikings - Not taking a RB (Cook)

19 Titans - Not taking a RB (Henry)

20 Steelers - Maybe, but doubtful 

21 Seahawks - Not taking a RB (Drafted Penny in 1st last year)

22 Ravens - Maybe

23 Texans - Maybe

24 Raiders (via Bears) - Maybe

25 Eagles - Maybe

12 hours ago, Jeezla said:

1 Cardinals - Not taking a RB (David Johnson)

2 49ers - Not taking a RB (Too early for Jacobs)

3 Jets - Not taking a RB  (Too early for Jacobs)

4 Raiders - Not taking a RB (Too early for Jacobs)

5 Buccaneers - Not taking a RB (Drafted Ronald Jones in 2nd last year, still too early for Jacobs)

6 Giants - Not taking a RB (Saquon)

7 Jaguars - Not taking a RB (Fournette)

8 Lions - Not taking a RB (Kerryon)

9 Bills - Maybe, but doubtful (Need to draft OL/DL/WR)

10 Broncos - Not taking a RB (Lindsay/Royce)

11 Bengals - Not taking a RB (Mixon)

12 Packers - Not taking a RB (Aaron Jones)

13 Dolphins - Maybe, but doubtful (Need to draft QB)

14 Falcons - Maybe

15 Washington - Not taking a RB (Guice)

16 Panthers - Not taking a RB (Caff)

17 Browns - Not taking a RB (Hunt/Chubb)

18 Vikings - Not taking a RB (Cook)

19 Titans - Not taking a RB (Henry)

20 Steelers - Maybe, but doubtful 

21 Seahawks - Not taking a RB (Drafted Penny in 1st last year)

22 Ravens - Maybe

23 Texans - Maybe

24 Raiders (via Bears) - Maybe

25 Eagles - Maybe

Way it see it. 

No need and no way - Cards, 9ers, Giants, Lions, Broncos, Bengals, Redskins, Panthers, Vikes, Titans, Seahawks. 

Teams with a need, picking high who could easily take him after trading down - Jets, Raiders, Bucs (that rb is trash), Jags is they trade Fournette which is a possibility, Bills.

Teams who could take him for value where they currently sit - Dolphins, Falcons, Steelers, Ravens, Texans, Raiders again. 

Not to mention anyone trading back above us. He's just too good to not go top 15 IN MY OPINION. Clearly the best RB in the draft and i think with Saquon going so high and being so productive last year it has reinstalled a bit of faith in taking a RB high. 

I would put money on him going top 12. 

47 minutes ago, ianlewis16 said:

Not to mention anyone trading back above us. He's just too good to not go top 15 IN MY OPINION. Clearly the best RB in the draft and i think with Saquon going so high and being so productive last year it has reinstalled a bit of faith in taking a RB high. 

They're not even on the same planet as prospects (which I'm sure you know), so I don't think Saquon's impact has anything to do w where he'll be drafted. Maybe I'm missing it with him but I don't see someone who I would take in the first round, let a lone the top 15. 

• Like 1

I know the consensus is never draft a RB early or even the 1st and it seems that the more you neglect the position the more knowledgeable you are. But I for one won´t be mad if we go Josh Jacobs with our 1st round pick.

Last year was the perfect time to go for a RB with our 1st our 2nd round. We´ve stretched the notion that RBs are a dime a dozen to extreme lengths to the point that we don´t even have a good player. Granted Ajayi´s injury sent our talent pool at the position down the drain.  But I would like us to have a guy Carson can lean on, or at least that defenses have to account and game plan for.

So go ahead and make the ¨dumb¨ pick and fill the position already, it´s been way too long. 

• Like 3

We get 6 million in roll-over cap space?  Plus the 2 million Foles paid to buy-out his contract? And we're currently at 2.1 million in cap room post Foles?

So we really have 10 million in cap space, as of right now? Or am I incorrect?

10 mill cap space, plus:

Cut Jernigan pre June 1 = 7 mill cap space. Post June 1 = 11 mill cap space

Cut Jason Peters = 10.5 mill cap space

Cut Agholor = about 9.4 mill cap space

Cut Michael bennett = 7.2 mill cap space

That's 44 mill in cap space. 48 if we cut Jernigan after June 1.

Re-structure 2 of Malcolm/Lane/Ertz/Brooks and we could easily get to about 60 mill in space.

Edited by Jeezla

3 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

If the Jets were to only place a 2nd Round or 3rd Round tender on Robby Anderson Would you give up that pick and the $ it would take to sign him?

Hell nah, I'd rather draft Mecole Hardman or Keelan Doss in the 4th, and have them on rookie deals for 4 years.