The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

We get 6 million in roll-over cap space?  Plus the 2 million Foles paid to buy-out his contract? And we're currently at 2.1 million in cap room post Foles?

So we really have 10 million in cap space, as of right now? Or am I incorrect?

10 mill cap space, plus:

Cut Jernigan pre June 1 = 7 mill cap space. Post June 1 = 11 mill cap space

Cut Jason Peters = 10.5 mill cap space

Cut Agholor = about 9.4 mill cap space

Cut Michael bennett = 7.2 mill cap space

That's 44 mill in cap space. 48 if we cut Jernigan after June 1.

Re-structure 2 of Malcolm/Lane/Ertz/Brooks and we could easily get to about 60 mill in space.

jernigan has no guarantees anymore they were voided with his back injury so we can just cut him for 11 million

On 2/21/2019 at 3:09 PM, Mastercheddaar said:

I honestly think we sit back and let whatever talent come to us at #25. RBs are easy to find in the 2nd round and later. Also if other teams are picking RBs ahead of us that means another talented player must drop into our laps. Go BPA. 

Go Birds

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

Yeah, this is more like it.

I see more of a Tevin Coleman signing at RB, not a Mark Ingram-type or a draft pick.

All of the early picks go to the lines, particularly defense.

Jernigan gets cut at some point for sure.

Bennett and Peters are candidates for restructure.

Agholor gets an ultimatum restructure.  Sign it or go.  I am not a fan at $9M.  Odabo.  Test the market young'n.  Let him sign with the Colts. 

Top 3 per position need

Realistic Free Agent Targets

RB

1) Ingram- older but still a good all around back. Pairing him with a rookie like Darrell Henderson would make for a great backfield 

2) TJ Yeldon- a proven pass catching back that can also be a lead back in a committee. Once again pairing him with a rookie would be ideal. 

3) Le’Veon Bell- something about me can’t rule out Howie going balls to the wall, moving money around and making it happen. 

WR

1) John Brown- I wanted him badly in free agency last year and he played really well when he didn’t have a RB at QB. He’d be the ideal deep threat to add

2) Chris Conley- a high upside risk. Guy can fly and is a physical freak. He never put it together in KC. This is a boom or bust signing

3) Philip Dorset- a young “just get deep” option. The 2nd outside WR isn’t going to get a ton of targets, he just needs to keep that threat open to stretch the D. Dorset can do that and make a hand full of big plays a year. That is all we need

OT

Don’t bother. Go draft one

DE

1) Brandon Graham- they should make a realistic push to resign him but not over pay

2) Za’Darius Smith- a young assending player that Joe Douglas drafted. If the Eagles go big in FA at DE. I see him being the option

3) Vinny Curry- the “all else fails” option. 

DT

1) Timmy Jernigan- significant chance the Eagles cut him and the sign him back to a better deal. I think they like him a lot and his market will be soft after last year

2) Tyeler Davidson- who? The Saints DT is young and a good rotational run stopper with a touch of pass rush wiggle. I could see him brought in with a high draft pick 

3) Corey Luiget- still in his late 20’s but slowed by injuries as of late. Liuget could be a good #2 DT if Jernigan leaves and they go after a later DT in the draft. He also would count against the comp formula 

LB

Preston Brown- significant chance this guy is the Eagles MLB for the foreseeable future. Only 26 and he was a budding superstar when he was playing MLB for, guess who?, one Jim Schwartz 

Jordan Hicks- I think the ideal scenario for the Eagles is Hicks has a soft market and they get him back on a 1 year prove it deal and he returns to form 

LJ Fort- No I did not make that name up. He has been a backup LB for the Steelers and was forced into action last year for a significant stretch and ended as a top 20 LB according to PFF. Could be buying low on a quality LB with him. 

CB

Kayvon Webster- played his best as a depth CB under Corey Undlin 

Jason Varrett- take the risk get the injury discount and see if you can get a top flight CB for pennies on the dollar

Ronald Darby- if he has a soft market, the Eagles could bring him back

S

Tre Boston- I just love this guy. Excellent ball skills and just makes big plays

Jimmy Ward- an underachieving SCB/S combo that would be better than Corey Graham in that 3rd S role 

Terrance Brooks- a solid depth S who knows the system

On 2/21/2019 at 3:09 PM, Mastercheddaar said:

I honestly think we sit back and let whatever talent come to us at #25. RBs are easy to find in the 2nd round and later. Also if other teams are picking RBs ahead of us that means another talented player must drop into our laps. Go BPA. 

Go Birds

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

always agree to a degree. BPA is kinda the principle available provided it fits within one of the team needs. If we don't draft an O or D lineman in the first i'll be floored. 

On 2/23/2019 at 11:13 AM, EaglesPeteC said:

Top 3 per position need

My notable targets 

QB

1) Nate Studfeld - should take another step towards being able to spell Carson 

2) Trevor Siemian - Smart QB, in his prime 

3) Josh Johnson - showed me a lot in that Washington game despite having no help. 

RB

1) Jay Ajayi - injuries has softened his market 

2) TJ Yeldon- a proven pass catching back that can also be a lead back in a committee. Once again pairing him with a rookie would be ideal. 

3) Mike Davis - another back who can do a little bit of everything good but nothing great. 

WR

1) John Brown- I wanted him badly in free agency last year and he played really well when he didn’t have a RB at QB. He’d be the ideal deep threat to add

2) Tyrell Williams - He can stretch the field be had for a reasonable figure. I can't see them going too big with Mack Hollins to return. 

3) Adam Humphries - if we decide to move on from Agholor, I could see a slot guy who's still young in the fold

OT

Lots of tools in the shed to choose from

DE

1) Cameron Wake - 1 year deal to give the vet a shot at the playoffs 

2) Vinny Curry- the “all else fails” option. 

3) Kony  Ealy - younger option played decently in 4-3 in Carolina. 

DT

1) Timmy Jernigan- significant chance the Eagles cut him and the sign him back to a better deal. I think they like him a lot and his market will be soft after last year

2) Margus Hunt - vet who saw his productivity increase when he got a chance to play. 

3) Sylvester Williams - another miami player who has ties to the new DL coach

LB 

1) Jordan HicksI think the ideal scenario for the Eagles is Hicks has a soft market and they get him back on a 1 year prove it deal and he returns to form 

2) Gerald Hodges - He's bounced around but when given the chance he shows up 

3) Kwon Alexander - only played in 6 games last year so maybe his market is more in our range 

CB

1) Ronald Darby- another injury likely softens his market, the Eagles could bring him back

2) Brashaud Breeland - vet with NFCE exp. 

3) Darqueze Dennard - veteran who can play off and press. 

S Would rather draft 2 but...

1) Terrance Brooks- a solid depth S who knows the system

2) Antone Exum - played both in the box and CF 

3) Adrian Amos - Hitter who can play CF 

My take...

Jeezla's ideal FA targets:

Frank Clark DE

Preston Smith DE 

Cameron Wake DE

Tyrann Mathieu CB/S

Justin Coleman Slot CB

Preston Brown MLB