The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

Would be far cheaper for us to retain Jordan Matthews and stick him back in the slot. Ags is a lot less necessary with Jackson, and Matthews will play well in the slot.

cheaper for sure..but Nelly is a fantastic 3rd guy because he can play slot and outside. Versatile piece.

Just now, Kiltman said:

cheaper for sure..but Nelly is a fantastic 3rd guy because he can play slot and outside. Versatile piece.

Many are probably going to disagree with me, but I feel if they're both going to be put in the slot regardless, that Matthews will offer better bang for the buck.

Alshon and DeSean are going to be the outside guys.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Many are probably going to disagree with me, but I feel if they're both going to be put in the slot regardless, that Matthews will offer better bang for the buck.

Alshon and DeSean are going to be the outside guys.

I don't think it's a crazy take...but I think Ertz and Goedert can do a lot of the same from the slot and have about the same level of separation.

Nelly would be allow you to be more dynamic with audibles/no-huddle.

Keeping him is a luxury though at that number

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Nelly sucks outside

He's ok..but some of that is generated from the slot with pick plays and out and ups.

it's pick your poison, Nelly's lack of strength outside or Jmatts permanent anchor attached to his hip

I'm down for trading Nelly just so we stop trying to do all those runs with him now that I think of it

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

He's ok..but some of that is generated from the slot with pick plays and out and ups.

it's pick your poison, Nelly's lack of strength outside or Jmatts permanent anchor attached to his hip

I'm down for trading Nelly just so we stop trying to do all those runs with him now that I think of it

No, he's not ok. He's really bad outside. He was the worst WR in the NFL when he played outside for a whole season. 

He doesn't play ST and he sucks outside. He's easily replaceable.

Mecole Hardman, Terry McLaurin, Parris Campbell, Andy Isabella, Dillon Mitchell, Miles Boykin, Stanley Morgan, Felton Davis, Keelan Doss. All of them could do Agholor's job, and a few of them can also return kicks/punts.

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

No, he's not ok. He's really bad outside. He was the worst WR in the NFL when he played outside for a whole season. 

He's not really good...but there are worse guys. At least he can do some of it.

Him playing change-up snaps out there is a lot different than being the guy like last year.

There was a lot of factors that held back the deep passing game last year, the oline not geling until the back half of the year and Wentz not being able to step into passes because of that and his knee/back were as big of a reason for that as much as Nelly's shortcomings as an "outside receiver"

But yes his most dangerous is being able to do the whole route tree on the inside. Which is what he'd be back to doing most of the time, Mack would be the outside depth guy.
You look at a lot of his big plays, it's corner/fades or out and ups from the slot. Which would be lethal again with desean, further use of Goedert and Ertz and Alshon.

10 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

My list too.  I'd add a RB or two though

I don't want Yeldon or Coleman. We can draft a guy in round 4 that's just as good and much cheaper. 

Or draft Josh Jacobs and outright upgrade the position, instead of simply filling holes with other teams #2 RB's.

Archived