The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

21 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

He'd be beloved by part of the fanbase haha

Can you imagine evading Cox and Malik, dipping though past Graham..only to get run through by Burfict. That would be awful.

I don't think they'd do it though, I also never really saw how he was in coverage

He was brutal last year - also has seven concussions to his name so I can't imagine he'll be around much longer. 

20 mill...

That's Zach Brown + Justin Houston

And neither would count against our comp picks.

Please Howie, get them! Get them both on 1 year deals! Then we can get comp picks for them in 2021 after they both ball out for us!

After that, we just need to draft Josh Jacobs at RB, Elgton Jenkins at LG, Amani Hooker at S, Terry McLaurin at WR, Trysten Hill at DT, Maxx Crosby at DE, win 12-14 games, win our playoff games, and then hoist up another 'Bardi. It'll be fun.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Hard pass on Burfict 

I can see him reinventing himself as an edge rusher.
He's not super-fast as a LB, but he would be fast enough off the edge.
He has decent hands, too, and is violent.
Maybe a bit too violent to not hit the QB late, throw the QB down or get his hands to the head.
He entered the game 20 years too late.

Pass.

Anyone else worried about the contracts Howie gives out? 

Practically all our top paid players have these dummy years with unavoidable cap penalties. Brooks, Lane, Jenkins, Cox, Long, BG, Darby, Malik, DeSean. All of them. I have a feeling this will have a) bad ending after the next 2 years, and b) maybe will draw some investigation from the league. As this is kinda tricking with the salary cap. Not sure how the other teams do it, i guess some of those use these kind of structures as well, but maybe not at the same scale.

PS, I would love to have Vinny back. 

18 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

At some point the contracts will create a year where they are in a salary cap bind but if when that year hits, we have a couple rings, do we care? 

you are kinda right, sir. but still i hope he has a long term plan as well and he does not take too big risk with these.

36 minutes ago, furti said:

you are kinda right, sir. but still i hope he has a long term plan as well and he does not take too big risk with these.

He does look at all the comp picks he is accumulating. We are picking up players on short term deals towards the end of their prime, letting them walk and getting the comp picks. Eagles are gonna have like 10-11 picks next year.

we just have to hope he drafts well