The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

On 3/22/2019 at 9:24 PM, Jeezla said:

Andy Reid, is that you?

One of the reasons big red will never win a ring.  He values lb as much as you do. 

We've valued LBers not that much these past few seasons. 

Reasons you'd not make a good GM. You overvalue positions that aren't as relevant in today's game.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

We've valued LBers not that much these past few seasons. 

Reasons you'd not make a good GM. You overvalue positions that aren't as relevant in today's game.

We pretty much chose Bradham over Hicks last year. Howie probably has a budget per position group. Especially ones like LB and bradham ate most of that pie

I can understand picking Bradham over Hicks but he has to address it via draft, can't expect 30y/o Bradham to play as a high level. We already seen his play dip when he was moved to the middle. Not saying a rookie should or will start over what we currently have but in a year we could have two new starters from the SB run.  

I say draft because why keep going down the trade route to find starters, if Flajole can't develop guys then find someone who can. 

Edited by nlesthought

51 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I can understand picking Bradham over Hicks but he has to address it via draft, can't expect 30y/o Bradham to play as a high level. We already seen his play dip when he was moved to the middle. Not saying a rookie should or will start over what we currently have but in a year we could have two new starters from the SB run.  

I say draft because why keep going down the trade route to find starters, if Flajole can't develop guys then find someone who can. 

I agree with ya. Wouldn't mind a LB with one of the top 3 picks we got

17 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I agree with ya. Wouldn't mind a LB with one of the top 3 picks we got

I would. After white and Bush, there isn't another lb worth a 2nd or even 3rd besides Mack Wilson imo. We should wait til the 4th round, then see whose available. Use first 3 picks on either DL, LG, S, WR, or RB.

Edited by Jeezla

Depends where they have guys ranked in terms of ability to shed/tackle/cover. I haven't seen a lot of reports outside of those 3. 

Like Mack Wilson said, a 40 doesn't mean they can't play football.  

With that being said Ben Burr-Kirven gives me Kuechly vibes. Kuechly's Def IQ is off the charts but BBK is around the ball a lot.  

EDIT: Clemson had Tre Lamar starting at MLB he is a 4.9 guy

Edited by nlesthought

56 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Depends where they have guys ranked in terms of ability to shed/tackle/cover. I haven't seen a lot of reports outside of those 3. 

Like Mack Wilson said, a 40 doesn't mean they can't play football.  

With that being said Ben Burr-Kirven gives me Kuechly vibes. Kuechly's Def IQ is off the charts but BBK is around the ball a lot.  

EDIT: Clemson had Tre Lamar starting at MLB he is a 4.9 guy

Watched a lot of bbk and never once was reminded of kuechly. 

Give me Pratt or Coney in the 4th. Everybody else who can cover a little is beyond terrible at stack and shed. 

Edited by Jeezla