The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

I wouldn't hate Josh Jacobs in the 1st. He reminds me Kareem Hunt with more natural hands. I don't think Howie will take him over a DL though. He has a chance to be 2016 David Johnson/2017 Todd Gurley good. 

Edited by Jeezla

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think picking one up in FA and drafting one is the best plan. 

The Corey is RB 3 and Adams and Smallwood can battle for the last roster spot

This!

Clement was hobbled all of last year with something every other week. Not counting it against  him one bit.

Edited by Nabbs4u

17 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I wouldn't hate Josh Jacobs in the 1st. He reminds me Kareem Hunt with more natural hands. I don't think Howie will take him over a DL though. He has a chance to be 2016 David Johnson/2017 Todd Gurley good. 

While true, Its goes against  everything  Howie has been taught, learned or experienced as a GM since he's  been with the Organization. 

Even if it would be the Smart Move!!!

I'd love to see Wentz as a QB with his own Zeke/Saquon in the backfield forcing 8 in the box!!!! This idea RB's don't matter is absurd to me!

25 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Dude looks talented, seems versatile too.
Hate to spend a 1st on a RB, but he has the potential to be the second best RB in the division.

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Dude looks talented, seems versatile too.
Hate to spend a 1st on a RB, but he has the potential to be the second best RB in the division.

Well nobody is gonna top Guice and his 2K yards.

In a division with Saquon, Zeke, and maybe Guice once he's healthy, Josh Jacobs makes a lot of sense to me. RB is the reason we lost to the cowboys twice. Theirs being really good, and ours being really average nearly knocked us out of the playoffs. 

Edited by Jeezla

16 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

He purposely got hurt to play Fortnite bet

Yeah if Guice comes back healthy and if we got Jacobs...crazy division of backs.

His running style reminds me so much of rookie year Kareem Hunt, but with a little more burst, smoother route running, and some of the most natural looking hands for an RB I've seen outside of McCaffrey. I love Darrell Henderson's big play ability, but Josh Jacobs is RB1 after finally watching him in depth. 

• Like 1

Gerald McCoy on a reasonable 2-3 year deal would be cool, if/when he's cut. He'll be 31 in 9 days (aka shouldn't cost too much), but he's still better than most DT's in the NFL not named Donald or Cox. 

How do you stop Saquon, Zeke, Guice? You put Gerald McCoy next to Fletcher Cox (And take Jeff Simmons in the 2nd to eventually replace McCoy).

Edited by Jeezla

14 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I want the days of Westy and McCoy back. Don't  give a damn what rd that pick occurs. FA, Trade, whatever!

F- RB by Committee!!

Josh Jacobs is that dude. Here he is against Montez Sweat/Jeff Simmons:

I think he'll go before pick 25 though. We probably need to trade up to 21 to get him. Ravens at 22, Texans at 23, and Raiders at 24 could all use him. 

Edited by Jeezla

Justin Houston will likely get cut.

He's 9 months younger than B Graham and going to be more expensive, but if Howie could make it work...

He and Gerald McCoy should both come here and chase a championship on reasonable deals. Hopefully Doug and Houston have some kind of relationship from their time together in KC.

Just imagine a front 4 of Justin Houston---Fletcher Cox---Gerald McCoy---Michael Bennett/Derek Barnett. That's a Jim Schwartz wet dream right there. And a Jeezla wet dream.

I don't think we'll sign either one, because both will ultimately want to get paid, but it's fun to imagine.

Edited by Jeezla