Redskins begin preliminary negs w/ Peterson; Guice is sprinting

turtle28

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Just bring up off-field concerns, we all know what you are referencing and we know it's all contributing to an extremely reduced season-ticket base.  Once the off-season gets into swing, we all know the Post will run stories about more long-time STH's cancelling tickets, and Ill keep everyone up to date with emails and mailings on how desperate they are to get people back.  

To be fair, those projected stories have been a decade-plus in the making. As Thai is so proud of pointing out (and justifiably so), he predicted where the Redskins find themselves over a decade ago. I think the RG3 enthusiasm bubble may have slowed down his timeframe, but basically if not for the NFL doing away with the old rules, the Redskins would be regularly blacked out in the DC area.

13 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Thai. I wasnt trying to reach "Webbies line". I was pointing out how the deteriorating fanbase has a direct effect in play we see on the field. Just look at the home games with the Giants and Eagles. And that was AFTER it already showed signs of having an effect on the players to the point they were openly venting. The franchise badly needs to rally and produce on the positive side. From Cousins and Scot departing, to AP and Foster signing, to cheerleader scandal, Mason threatening a minor and all else. All we do is get hammered, all the players see is the team getting hammered. And it effects the play we see out of them. We need strokes to get on the right track.

I get it bud. I just dont view Peterson as a big needle mover in that area.

Foster, on the other hand...

2 hours ago, Woz said:

To be honest - Guice, plus non-Peterson vet RB (equivalent to how Anderson was viewed before this past season (capable, but not jaw dropping)), plus rookie? Yeah, I would be okay with that.

Honestly, beyond Guice, I don't see any reason to keep any of our RBs. And Guice is solely due to his personality right now. Should he produce on the field, that's a guy you could rebuild the franchise's reputation around.

Sure. I can get with that. Keep Guice, get rid of everyone else.

So whom do you target? Which non-Peterson veteran FA RB blows your skirt up? And does it for a cheap price?

17 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

So whom do you target? Which non-Peterson veteran FA RB blows your skirt up? And does it for a cheap price?

At this point, the team needs as much cap space as possible, so another veteran who comes at a cheaper price than AD, cut Thompson and get another dual threat in the draft.  The FO has some tough decisions to make if they don't want to blow the cap up this year.  

40 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

At this point, the team needs as much cap space as possible, so another veteran who comes at a cheaper price than AD, cut Thompson and get another dual threat in the draft.  The FO has some tough decisions to make if they don't want to blow the cap up this year.  

What does this team need cap space for?

It's time to continue rebuilding through the draft - been past time - I'm in the no high price FA club. Extend Scherff to lower his cap hit for next year. Re-sign Crowder & Smith if they don't break the bank.

They don't need to cut Thompson to have cap space. They can make room in other ways, cutting the 31-year old Norman whos overpaid by about $5 mil is a better option and rolling w/ Dunny, Moreau, Alexander, Stroman, Johnson & a rookie we draft at some point.

There's no vet out there w/ Peterson’s leadership for a young RB room, with his work ethic to show the young guys - especially Guice & perine - what it takes to be great and can rush for near or over 1000 yards. It doesn't make sense to get rid of a hall of fame RB - who actually wants to be here - who he doesn't break the bank.

The only reason to not re-sign Peterson & to cut CT would be to shed cap space for another FA, but why?

We shouldn't been in the high priced FA market anyways, we should be continuing to build through the draft.

Or, if we're over the cap and can’t afford them, but we can afford them.

There's no way they are cutting Thompson, there has been no indication that the want to do it. For some reason it's a pipe dream you've dreamed up and it isn't happening. The offense is night and day with him, Crowder and Reed on the field. They're not going anywhere unless Crowder gets offered a huge deal which pays him more than $5 mil a year - which I doubt - for a slot WR who's battled injuries the last two year.

3 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Spencer Ware is a possibility. Maybe Ty Montgomery?

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

So, we have our most talented RB room in the last decade and we should blow that up and start over in hopes that one day we can have one as talented as it is now again?

Yeah, no thanks.

What talent? Most of it never plays either due to injury or lack of faith from the coaching staff.

3 hours ago, Woz said:

What talent? Most of it never plays either due to injury or lack of faith from the coaching staff.

Talent is talent, that's what I'm talking about. Some injuries like the broken leg and ribs of CT the last two seasons are unavoidable.  

Peterson - Hall of Fame RB - we haven't had that since the 80s. 

Guice - 1st round talent that I’m thankful every day he fell to us. 

CT - one of the best scat backs and receiving backs in the Nfl. 

Archived