Expectations for Ben, Tomlin, Steelers going forward

patriotsheatyan

4 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Idk but I have this weird feeling the Steelers will actually bounce back in 2019 to at least 11 wins, maybe more.

Agreed, I think they’ll win the division next year as well.  It took a freak run from a rookie quarterback and a top 3 defense for them to lose the division by half a game

5 hours ago, theJ said:

My AFC North prediction for 2019: 

• Browns under-perform expectations.  Mayfield can't recapture the 2018 magic, injuries take their toll, etc.  Win 6 games.
  • Ravens struggle to put together a good offense again.  Lamar Jackson can't adapt now that teams have tape on him.  Win 7 games on the back of their defense.
  • Bengals come out of the gate strong, falter down the stretch and can't beat the big boys.  Win 7 games.
  • Steelers come out looking worse than ever in their first couple of games while everyone sleeps on them.  Then suddenly we look up in December to discover they're on their way to 12 wins.

In other words, new year, same results.

(i hope not)

That's interesting prediction. The one I most agree with is Ravens

On 2/7/2019 at 6:56 AM, PapaShogun said:

The Steelers spent a 3rd round pick on Mason Rudolph, and if Tomlin is still around after Ben retires, they'll probably give him the chance to start.

Boy I hope to Christ they do. I can't wait for the Steelers to usher in the Mason Rudolph era!

They're never going to be TERRIBLE, but they will end up wallowing in mediocrity for a few years before they get a real QB once again. I don't think this will be an immediate reload once Ben retires and Brown/Bell are gone. They're going to go through a rough patch, but it won't be bottom dweller bad.

Oh and this is the year that I think Ben regresses mightily. I have been avoiding making that prediction for a while now, but I really think this is the crash season for all of the remaining "great" veteran QB's.

Brees (regresses to an average QB)

Brady (regresses to a good QB, not a GOAT QB)

Rapistberger (falls off a cliff ala Eli Manning)

Rivers (regresses to an average QB)

On 2/7/2019 at 11:50 AM, wwhickok said:

I would also like to add that this conversation comes up every year. Any more often and not it seems like it guess brought up by a Patriots fan. Now I'm not dissing all Patriots fans or even the one that started this thread and congratulations to the Patriots for their success but really are still that envious of the Steelers that you want to see them completely plummet? Because every year we have this conversation and every year the people that say that the Pittsburgh Steelers are going to plummet end up being wrong

In their defense, the Patriot fans also see the "is this the year Brady and Belicheck fall apart/retire" stuff too.  Normally you'd expect division rivals to say it the most, but the rest of the AFCE has nothing to brag about, so they have to go elsewhere to feel better after those threads.  Take it as a compliment that they see your team as their biggest AFC rival during this two decade run.

Archived