Antonio Brown accused of domestic violence

Elky

Can we please get this back to football-related discussion?

And not a "who is to blame?" discussion - particularly since the league has already established it doesn't care if charges were filed/dropped, they'll still do their own investigation and potentially levy punishment.

Just now, The LBC said:

Can we please get this back to football-related discussion?

And not a "who is to blame?" discussion - particularly since the league has already established it doesn't care if charges were filed/dropped, they'll still do their own investigation and potentially levy punishment.

Oh, I totally expect him to be suspended. I think this craters any real trade value for him. 

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

Because he asked her to leave 

Once he asked her to leave, she's not invited. Now, there is vagueness to the report of how long that is in terms of time. Did he say  "you need to leave" and shove her? Did he tell her to leave and when she refused to and continued to stand in the doorway and then he physically pushed her out of the way? Not sure on that.

Also, he may have invited her to the house to drop off the child, but not invited her into the house. Again, report is definitely vague.  

That’s how it reads 🤷🏼‍♂️

So would Pitt just go ahead an cut him this off season if his trade value, as I would suspect, has completely cratered? This is now his third legal misstep in what, like 18 months (okay, one of them was a speeding ticket, but still). They were already amenable to the cap hit this year and not having him on the roster. With a possible suspension looming, is it just that time? Designate him as a june 1 and move on? 

43 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

trespassing .

edit... someone already answered for you and now youre debating. you dont get to be in someones home if they dont want you there. period.

But if she was there in the doorway to drop the kid off and had a subsequent discussion she’s not there illegally. If he said leave and shoved her onto the ground immediately causing injury... good luck defending that.

There’s a reasonable way to handle things and this wasn’t it. 

thats all I’m saying. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

So would Pitt just go ahead an cut him this off season if his trade value, as I would suspect, has completely cratered? This is now his third legal misstep in what, like 18 months (okay, one of them was a speeding ticket, but still). They were already amenable to the cap hit this year and not having him on the roster. With a possible suspension looming, is it just that time? Designate him as a june 1 and move on? 

Depends on how things go from here.

June 1st is a good amount of time away. Fences can be mended, bridges rebuilt, etc

1 minute ago, pnies20 said:

But if she was there in the doorway to drop the kid off and had a subsequent discussion she’s not there illegally. If he said leave and shoved her onto the ground causing injury... good luck defending that.

thats all I’m saying. 

Just because you invite somebody onto your property doesnt mean you cant uninvite them.

Just now, Chiefer said:

Just because you invite somebody onto your property doesnt mean you cant uninvite them.

Yeah but it doesn’t necessarily make it criminal. If you let someone isn’t your house to spend some nights there because they’re on hard times and they refuse to leave you have to get them evicted civilly. If you have a roommate and they take the keys to your car and drive it without permission it’s not vehicle theft. It’s similar here. You have a mutual agreement to have someone over to your house you can’t just say okay bye and shove them onto the ground. 

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

He should have just given her $20 for the damn haircut, sheesh

I hope they cut Brown. If he becomes a FA, its inevitable he ends up with the 49ers. 

I don't think we are going near that. Lynch and shanny can't afford for something like that to blow up in their faces again. The optics would already be bad by acquiring him, if he has another incident people would be apoplectic

16 minutes ago, N4L said:

He should have just given her $20 for the damn haircut, sheesh

I hope they cut Brown. If he becomes a FA, its inevitable he ends up with the 49ers. 

I mean sure it would’ve been the nice thing to do, but of course he doesn’t have to. But don’t shove her. Call the cops and get them to take a report so hopefully this doesn’t keep happening. 

With millions and millions of dollars on the line it makes no sense not to go the smart route and protect your career. The NFL is not playin!!!

22 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Yeah but it doesn’t necessarily make it criminal. If you let someone isn’t your house to spend some nights there because they’re on hard times and they refuse to leave you have to get them evicted civilly. If you have a roommate and they take the keys to your car and drive it without permission it’s not vehicle theft. It’s similar here. You have a mutual agreement to have someone over to your house you can’t just say okay bye and shove them onto the ground. 

you can ask them to leave and if they dont its trespassing. doesnt matter if she had a kid, doesnt matter if she wanted $12, if you ge5 asked to leave you go. or youre trespassing. really simple stuff.

Archived