Free Agency, Trades, 2 Rounds

Nickpeloso17

So a few things for the Falcons 

Simmons is a fine pick in round at DT.  Beau is an alright pick in round 2 at OG although i think it's a bit early for him and see better guards available.  But the positions is fine nonetheless.   As for the explanation

1. Atlanta Falcons (via PIT): Beau Benzschawel, OG Wisconsin

DT was taken care of in round two so acquiring a young guard prospect could be the focus on day two. Levitre is solid, but at 32, who knows how much time he has left.

Levitre is a free agent and theirs a super high chance he won't be here or looked at to be brought back.  We have already made 3 or 4 big cuts from starters or key depth.   We will need a starting RT,  2 OG,  DT, NT, and probably a DE.    We almost guaranteed have to get a good O-lineman in FA and atleast 1 good DL in FA as well with all the cuts we are making and players who are leaving in FA.   If we don't bring in atleast 2 legit starting quality DL and 2 legit starting quality OL between FA and Draft then we failed this offseason imo.

I like the direction for the Bengals, but a couple of things are off.

Marvin Lewis is gone, and I would hope the need to sign old LBs would have left with him, so no to Mathews. 

Love the White pick,  (but Oliver would be tempting).

If we signed Ty Nsekhe in free agency, I would assume he'd be the RT.  If so, in the draft I'd take Lindstrom to play RG instead of Yodny to sit on the bench.  If you are projecting Nsehhe to play RG, your pick makes more sense

23 hours ago, Nickpeloso17 said:

LB

1. Preston Smith - Signs with Colts

S

1. Lamarcus Joyner - Signs with Redskins
  2. HaHa Clinton-Dix - Signs with 49ers

Draft

Round 1

1. *Washington Redskins: Kyler Murray, QB Oklahoma

Washington trades #15, their 2019 5th round pick, and their 2020 1st round pick to Buffalo for #9 and their 2019 4th round pick

Washington is in a tough situation with no viable QB option (for the present or future) and little cap room to fix it. The Redskins pull the trigger on a trade up for Murray, who can add a much needed spark to an offense that desperately needs it.

Round 2

1. Washington Redskins: Deebo Samuel, WR South Carolina

Adding Murray in day one is just the start. Washington is in dire need of a go to receiver, and Samuel could be that guy. Crowder is a FA and Doctson is on a short leash.

Not active in FA it seems, and am fine with letting Dix and Smith walk. Deebo is fine, but Kyler Murray (especially after a trade up) is my nightmare. 

On 2/7/2019 at 11:20 AM, Nickpeloso17 said:
  1. *Cleveland Browns: Ed Oliver, DT Houston

Cleveland trades #17, #81, and #134 to Green Bay Packers for #12 and their 2020 5th round pick

For the first time in a while, the Browns come into the draft with few glaring needs. With their usual stockpile of picks, Dorsey and company trade up a few spots for Oliver, who falls further than expected due to size and character concerns. Cleveland feels the need to trade up because every team from 12-16 could be in line for his services.

I'd be THRILLED with Oliver, but do we really need him?

You have us signing Suh in the off-season, plus we already have 1 young stud DT. Oliver would be coming off the bench for at least a year. I'd still be thrilled with this, but I am just curious if you viewed this as an oversight or if you just planned on him coming off the bench.

9 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I'd be THRILLED with Oliver, but do we really need him?

You have us signing Suh in the off-season, plus we already have 1 young stud DT. Oliver would be coming off the bench for at least a year. I'd still be thrilled with this, but I am just curious if you viewed this as an oversight or if you just planned on him coming off the bench.

Well bleed my friend i'll tell you what if you don't want the Oliver/Suh combo the Falcons will GLADLY accept it as that covers 2 of our biggest needs with the exact type of guys we could use.  That would be a dream scenario for us as is stands imo. 

On 2/8/2019 at 11:21 PM, FalconFan13 said:

Well bleed my friend i'll tell you what if you don't want the Oliver/Suh combo the Falcons will GLADLY accept it as that covers 2 of our biggest needs with the exact type of guys we could use.  That would be a dream scenario for us as is stands imo. 

Ogunjobi is too good to be on the bench though. I'd be more than happy with the Suh-Oliver combo, but I'd be shocked if we overloaded the DT position with elite talent like that.

I would be fine with the trade-up for Ed Oliver, even with Suh.  We will have a solid three man rotation and also cover against injury.  Suh is getting older and won't likely be kept past two years, so it makes sense.

Otherwise, I could see us grabbing DK Metcalf or trading back with Houston and grabbing Wilkins or Baker at #23.

On 2/8/2019 at 9:36 AM, Arthur Penske said:

Love the small trade back and first 3 picks for the Packers, but the Chase Winovich pick basically ruins that all.

Agree about Winovich but I'd prefer we stay at #12.  We need quality over quantity IMO.

Archived