Jump to content

Josh Gordon fairy tail thread


Recommended Posts

https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/browns/report-suspended-browns-receiver-josh-gordon-went-to-rehab-in-hopes-of-nfl-reinstating-him-in-late-september

 

I don't know - I'm kinda sick of this co-dependency cycle and considering Goodell literally just said a couple weeks ago that re-instatement was not something under active consideration I'm not holding one iota of hope he comes back any time soon (if ever), but dang his raw talent and the dreams of what could be if he did come back clean and focused.

 

Edited by BwickRedux
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I don't know what to make of this. If he had a failed test it would have been reported. He was suspended for entering rehab which I sorta get because if he went to rehab he was dependent on something and he probably still had an alcohol ban. I see no reason to keep him suspended though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait it out Sashi...wait it out no matter what...he either plays for the Browns or never plays again...

Three more suspensions from now into the future the CBA will be changed and the magic lettuce will be accepted as treatment for pain...

Then, at 29 Gordon comes back 6 years later after being out of the game since 2014, and puts up a 2175 yards, 17 TD season in what becomes the most historic WR season ever....

Rooting for Josh...no medical-model rehab he goes to will ever truly help him...he needs trauma and psychological counseling to come up with non-magic lettuce means for coping with pain...somebody needs to buy him one of those wizinators fake snakes...now that he has a kid he needs to see if he can store that urine in the fridge and bring that and the wizinator in a refrigerated travel bag at all times...so, no matter what he's ready for the piss tests...

Whatever you have to do...get it done.  Actually, I doubt Sashi and co. stick it out again even if he is reinstated he'll probably be released due to that weird instagram trashing the browns...

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Plays 8 games this season gets 800 yards and 6 TD's Kizer throwing Bombs to Gordon is going to be beautiful 

I think Kessler gives us the best chance to win but if we did have Gordon playing I think that is probably enough to shift my barometer towards Kizer. Whoever we play should have to have help over the top so that should help the running game along with the bombs they would connect with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

If he had a failed test it would have been reported.

not entirely true. When a player is notified of a failed drug test only the player is made aware of it I believe

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buno67 said:

not entirely true. When a player is notified of a failed drug test only the player is made aware of it I believe

That is only true prior to being put into the drug program (first couple fails unless you enter the league already in the program). All suspensions and reasons for suspensions are reported.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

That is only true prior to being put into the drug program (first couple fails unless you enter the league already in the program). All suspensions and reasons for suspensions are reported.

while I agree that  All suspensions and reasons for suspensions are reported. Gordon isnt facing a suspension, he just faces not being reinstated. He isnt really part of the NFL

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, buno67 said:

while I agree that  All suspensions and reasons for suspensions are reported. Gordon isnt facing a suspension, he just faces not being reinstated. He isnt really part of the NFL

You are still part of the NFL and you still receive drug tests and face additional penalty if you test positive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

You are still part of the NFL and you still receive drug tests and face additional penalty if you test positive.

What additional issues penalty could face? He is still currently kicked out of the league?

its like sentencing a criminal with two life sentences, doesn't make sense. 

Nfl teams don't have to be told by the league if a player fails another test in his situation i believe. 

i believe it falls under the confidentiality in their drug testing rules. If that information comes out it's because of the player, agent, or the league will report on it if false harmful information comes out and they need to correct it. Teams can acquire the information if they looking to sign the player, make a trade for the player, or claim a player. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I tell you I have a hard time being in Josh's camp any longer. Bottom line is he has kept the Browns hostage for the time he has been suspended by his irresponsible behavior. Every time there is a hope that Josh has his life in order to rejoin the Browns - he does something stupid to get himself denied readmission. Johnny/Billy Manziel as a roommate? Seriously? I know football is secondary and Josh needs to get it together for Josh - but we have a football team to run. I can no longer support any more time and effort being wasted by the Browns on Josh. The fan base is delusional if they think Josh is going to be the instant savior after being out of the game for 2 plus seasons.

I'm glad to see that Sashi is smart enough to recognize this and has acted accordingly.

Edited by brooks1957
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, buno67 said:

What additional issues penalty could face? He is still currently kicked out of the league?

its like sentencing a criminal with two life sentences, doesn't make sense. 

Nfl teams don't have to be told by the league if a player fails another test in his situation i believe. 

i believe it falls under the confidentiality in their drug testing rules. If that information comes out it's because of the player, agent, or the league will report on it if false harmful information comes out and they need to correct it. Teams can acquire the information if they looking to sign the player, make a trade for the player, or claim a player. 

Additional suspension, lifetime ban.

Still happens.

I don't believe that to be true.

The league doesn't reveal the drug, or aren't supposed to but sometimes the punishment tells you because there are different penalties for specific drugs (weed) but they tell you whether it is substance abuse or performance enhancing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...