TRD 2019 Pre Combine Mock

TheeRealDeal

2 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Thoughts:

I think we end up with at least one "stud" in FA. Either that or a lot more mid-tier guys. They're going for a championship now.

I don't like the trade down, as it seems to be valuing Ogbah as about a early 4th round pick and even as an expiring contract, assuming we are trying to compete this year, I would rather have him as my #3/4 DE than a 4th round pick. Especially since Houston is no spring chicken. I'm always up for moving down to pick up 2nd/3rd round picks, especially in drafts like this where the strength will probably be in that area, but including Ogbah is a head scratcher to me.

I think if Jonah Williams and Jawaan Taylor fall that far I could see Dorsey just taking his pick of them. Same with Wilkins.

I'm on team "All the LBs looking worse under Gregggggg wasn't a coincidence" and hoping for a Kirksey bounce back. With the nickel being the new base defense, I don't see a LB as a top 2 rounds need.

I don't like Collier anywhere NEAR as much as you do, but the late 3rd isn't the worst place to be taking him. Again though, I think Collier as our #4 DE makes a LOT more sense to me than trusting him to be #3 by shipping out Ogbah.

I just don't see Clark, Lawrence, Grady or any other top tier DL getting away from their current teams. The tag will happen. Maybe Anthony Barr but I don't think spending another high dollar contract on any LB is wise. Donovan Smith is the only LT worth a big contract but again Tampa Bay would be stupid to just let him leave for nothing and they have plenty of space for the tag. No elite corners on the market and I don't see any WRs worth spending huge money on that would actually make us better.

That is exactly where I valued Ogbah. He's not half as good as Fowler who went for a late 3rd round pick. Justin Houston is brought in to start and we can find a rookie to give the same impact as Ogbah sooner than later. Plus Chris Smith and Chad Thomas are still on the roster, the same Chris Smith everyone hates because they didn't know who he was when we signed him but he did in fact out perform Ogbah.

I don't see they Taylor hype. Absolutely terrible hand placement and garbage punch. I wouldn't draft him until much later. I go back and forth with Jonah Williams. At times he looks like a future LT and at times he's soft as butter. Has the talent but IMO Tillery has far more upside.

You do realize Christian Kirksey's best season was also under Gregg Williams right? 

I think Collier actually goes higher but until that starts too look true I will mock him in the 3rd.

17 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I just don't see Clark, Lawrence, Grady or any other top tier DL getting away from their current teams. The tag will happen. Maybe Anthony Barr but I don't think spending another high dollar contract on any LB is wise. Donovan Smith is the only LT worth a big contract but again Tampa Bay would be stupid to just let him leave for nothing and they have plenty of space for the tag. No elite corners on the market and I don't see any WRs worth spending huge money on that would actually make us better.

That is exactly where I valued Ogbah. He's not half as good as Fowler who went for a late 3rd round pick. Justin Houston is brought in to start and we can find a rookie to give the same impact as Ogbah sooner than later. Plus Chris Smith and Chad Thomas are still on the roster, the same Chris Smith everyone hates because they didn't know who he was when we signed him but he did in fact out perform Ogbah.

I don't see they Taylor hype. Absolutely terrible hand placement and garbage punch. I wouldn't draft him until much later. I go back and forth with Jonah Williams. At times he looks like a future LT and at times he's soft as butter. Has the talent but IMO Tillery has far more upside.

You do realize Christian Kirksey's best season was also under Gregg Williams right? 

I think Collier actually goes higher but until that starts too look true I will mock him in the 3rd.

Atl is hugging the salary cap so I don't think they can resign Grady let alone tag him. At least that is what I read in an article about upcoming FA's 

1 hour ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Atl is hugging the salary cap so I don't think they can resign Grady let alone tag him. At least that is what I read in an article about upcoming FA's 

They are 18th in salary cap with 26.8 million before they even do any roster adjusting. I am sure they have guys they can cut or restructure to save them some money. The tag is 100% in play as it is every year. Late February always wipes out all the top free agents with the tags. That number doesn't even count Robert Alford so I am sure they already saved some money with that recent release.

You're a fan of the Senior bowl I see. Lotta guys in your draft. Collier maybe not a starter, but could end up a great rotation DLineman, DE on run downs, 3tech on passing. Showed out in Senior Bowl drills. Hybrid build.

Your FA didn't pop any tents with me, but I get what you were going for. And you're right, all of these awesome D-linemen might end up franchised or resigned, but I'm holding out hope.

I'm not a Tillery fan. I just don't see it, stupid as that sounds. I watch the videos but I don't see it. I worry about Dremont Jones's ability to consistently run stuff and stand up to bigger Olinemen, but I just know he will be a legit Interior pass rusher. 

I like the trade down. This seems more and more like the draft to do it. Guys at 15 are pretty level with guys at 30. 

Archived