2020 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (+weekly prospect standouts)

Ozzy

7 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Maybe I need to watch more Kenny Willekes. I thought he looked like a 2nd rounder as well.

Dylan Moses probably goes round 1, certainly no later than round 2.

Next year will tell a lot about Dylan Moses, if he can be productive without such talent ahead of him keeping him clean.  Good athlete but needs to be more instinctual out there and make plays and tackles with his eyes instead of just running straight line on blitzes.  Needs to work on getting off blocks a little bit also.   

Willekes is a freaking boss, against say Ohio State he lived in the backfield and just destroyed them all game long.  Was all over the field making tackles and love how strong he is despite not being some huge dude, totally walked OTs on Ohio State backwards more than once.  

• 1 month later...

Calvin Ashley former Auburn highly rated OT recruit is transferring to Florida Atlantic.  Surprising choice by and odd choice to be honest but will see how he does, hopefully he can reach his potential there even though the quality of competition is much less compared to Auburn in the SEC.  

Also Alex Hornibrook former Wisconsin QB transferring to Florida State which is a little odd, maybe it is mostly academic reason because I doubt he has any chance to beat Blackman out as the starting QB.  Had a pretty bad career at Wisconsin especially last season, probably has little to no prospectus as a pro but might make his way as a UDFA or get a chance in a minor football league out of school.

And some sad news Brandon Adams of Georgia Tech, soon to be SR NT passed away.  I thought he was a good player and had pro potential because of his size and the athletic ability he showed, had a decent season this past year and should have been even better next season.  Sad to lose a kid so young and full of potential on and off the field.  

Amazing comments by Nick Saban, simply amazing.   He has it right on especially with some of the ridiculous amount of players coming out early for the draft, and like he said in 3 years ultimately 50% of the underclassmen declaring early have failed careers.  Either were not drafted or got drafted late and only were in NFL for a short time, and really the rest that made it were 1st or 2nd round picks more often than not.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Danger said:

Penn State:

John Reid I expect to be a bit higher. Cam Brown a bit lower.

Maybe but Reid to me has never taken that next step yet, the injury 2017 hurt that obviously, he needs to show more toughness tackling I feel to become more of an elite prospect.  Cam Brown to me right now has a higher upside, made strides last year and should be even better this season but will see.  

PS  To those following along I took Trey Smith out of the 1st round ranking I have, after looking more into it just seems like too big of a health risk to play football much less be a 1st rounder.  Talent wise has that kind of ability no doubt but until he is on the right path health wise blood clots in his lungs twice this past year, once in the spring then again 3/4 of the way in the season, that sounds extremely serious in my book.  Hopefully it is not but it really sounds like it and might end his career, I hope not though.

I have Willekes as a 1st rounder potentially and after watching this I like him even more.  Seems like a great young kid and was insanely good last season in terms of his production and consistency at getting into the backfield and being solid at the point of attack against the run.  Uses his hands very well and knows how to beat offensive tackles and is great with leverage, hopefully he can come back off this injury and combined with ILB Bachie the Spartans have a very interesting D that will be one to watch for sure with Raequan Williams at DT, Scott at CB, Dowell at S and the Panasiuk brothers as well on the DL.  

• 3 weeks later...

Tristan Wirfs JR OT Iowa:  I am a little late on him but looks like he could be a hell of a tackle.  Is already a great athlete in the weight room and is well put together.  Against Miss State in the bowl game was off balance a few times and out of position but held his ground well against Sweat more often than not and should be even better this season.  One to watch out for, included him as a possible OT to come out early as a junior but that is a projection assuming he improves more this season.  Breaking weight room records at Iowa says something, especially being on the O-line.  Impressive athlete no doubt especially if he can translate that over to the football field even more so this year.

These two players were in this past years draft and I did not know about it, I thought both would be in the 2020 draft and too bad because both went undrafted.  I believe Kaufusi signed as a UDFA with the Saints, Ghaifan not sure he is signed yet.  Sure wish he came back to school or at least was a graduate transfer somewhere else.

Youhanna Ghaifan DT Wyoming 

Corbin Kaufusi DT BYU

Looking into it more I see why I guess why Ghaifan left school and probably why he was not drafted either.  Damn!  Sucks but wow he made a really stupid choice, sure hope he was drunk because if not that is just pathetic. 

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/csu/football/2018/11/28/suspended-wyoming-football-player-youhanna-ghaifan-made-sexual-advance-fort-collins-hotel-worker/2142994002/

Also players Chris Finke SR WR Notre Dame is back for another year, good slot potential and could have a breakout season this year.  And Rodney Smith SR RB Minnesota got a redshirt year so he is back as well and joins a loaded Minnesota backfield with Shannon Brooks as well returning.  Also Ty'Son Williams is most likely transferring to BYU most likely, former South Carolina RB flashed a little last year I thought, not sure if he will have one or two seasons left but would really be a need for BYU.

Updated the Mock 7 rounds as of today as well.  

5 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

Najee>Taylor 

Etienne and Swift also need to be considered as top tier RBs in 2020.

Etienne is my number 1 RB heading into the season and can establish himself even further if he improves in the receiving aspect. He already got much stronger last year, runs through contact and is the best homerun hitter in college football.

Just now, SBLIII said:

Ingram and Derrick Henry are doing quiet well for being overrated.

Ingram wasn't worth a first round pick. He was a serviceable back but still overdrafted.

Since Saban took over at Alabama the only runningback that's been taken at a reasonable draft slot was Henry. Every other one was drafted way too early.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

Etienne is my number 1 RB heading into the season and can establish himself even further if he improves in the receiving aspect. He already got much stronger last year, runs through contact and is the best homerun hitter in college football.

Etienne is my #1, Swift is my #2. Swift is going to go off this year. Taylor is right there with Swift and probably has the better season of the 3, but I think Swift (And obviously Etienne with his 4.3 speed) will be more dynamic in the NFL. Taylor has the highest floor though.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

The fact you have Laviska Shenault as second round grade is criminal. Dude was hobbled half of the season. He will challed Juedy for first receiver off the board.

I think he is a little slow and clearly with DK Metcalf dropping, the NFL is not super interested at the moment in big guys at WR as much as they were in years past.  Look how much AJ Brown and Hakeem Butler dropped in the draft as well.  Laviska is good but I have to see more out of him and in no way is he has good as any of those WRs I mentioned.  Sure it was cool him doing a variety of things last year but now they know who he is and know how to cover him.  Being in the wild cat is great but not sure he is that great of an athlete honestly but will see what he can do this season.   Also Winfree being drafted out of Colorado, I assume he is a special teams gunner or something because is that the reason as to why he was picked because as a pure WR I barely even noticed him to be honest.  

3 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

Najee>Taylor 

That is possible, I was hesitant putting Taylor that high, this year will show a ton because they have lost a ton of the talent on that OL.  Dietzen retired from football, and obviously Edwards, Dieter and Beau are gone as well to the league.  All they got left is the center who is a super star but the rest still have to prove a lot.  Will see if Taylor can be productive in that, but yes in the NFL of today a RB who fumbles and needs a ton of carries and is suspect catching the ball is not that great of a prospect, but he has some physical skills and size and has been great as a FR and SOPH at times.  Harris still needs to take it to the next level and this will be his time to do that this year, athletically he is elite but needs to do it for more than one or two games.  

3 hours ago, SBLIII said:

True but look how far Darrell Henderson dropped in the draft.  Is Etienne and Swift that much better than he is?  Swift might be helped by his fine pass catching skills no doubt but he really has to perform this year and stay healthy and productive.  Etienne it could happen because he is just so fast but has to continue to play well this year and he probably will.  True could argue with his big play ability he could go higher than where I have him right now.  

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Is Arizona LB Colin Schooler good? His stats look nice.

Also, how good is Tulane DE Patrick Johnson? 

I have not see much of Schooler but sure he might have good stats, but so did Scooby Wright a superior prospect in every way and he never even made it in the NFL and was a great college player.  Injuries hurt him though, will have to see about Schooler.  Johnson I would need to watch him more, have not seen much of him to be honest.