Sign in to follow this  
Ozzy

2020 NFL Draft 7 round Mock ranking

7 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Maybe I need to watch more Kenny Willekes. I thought he looked like a 2nd rounder as well.

Dylan Moses probably goes round 1, certainly no later than round 2.

Next year will tell a lot about Dylan Moses, if he can be productive without such talent ahead of him keeping him clean.  Good athlete but needs to be more instinctual out there and make plays and tackles with his eyes instead of just running straight line on blitzes.  Needs to work on getting off blocks a little bit also.   

Willekes is a freaking boss, against say Ohio State he lived in the backfield and just destroyed them all game long.  Was all over the field making tackles and love how strong he is despite not being some huge dude, totally walked OTs on Ohio State backwards more than once.  

Calvin Ashley former Auburn highly rated OT recruit is transferring to Florida Atlantic.  Surprising choice by and odd choice to be honest but will see how he does, hopefully he can reach his potential there even though the quality of competition is much less compared to Auburn in the SEC.  

Also Alex Hornibrook former Wisconsin QB transferring to Florida State which is a little odd, maybe it is mostly academic reason because I doubt he has any chance to beat Blackman out as the starting QB.  Had a pretty bad career at Wisconsin especially last season, probably has little to no prospectus as a pro but might make his way as a UDFA or get a chance in a minor football league out of school.

And some sad news Brandon Adams of Georgia Tech, soon to be SR NT passed away.  I thought he was a good player and had pro potential because of his size and the athletic ability he showed, had a decent season this past year and should have been even better next season.  Sad to lose a kid so young and full of potential on and off the field.  

Amazing comments by Nick Saban, simply amazing.   He has it right on especially with some of the ridiculous amount of players coming out early for the draft, and like he said in 3 years ultimately 50% of the underclassmen declaring early have failed careers.  Either were not drafted or got drafted late and only were in NFL for a short time, and really the rest that made it were 1st or 2nd round picks more often than not.

Penn State:

John Reid I expect to be a bit higher. Cam Brown a bit lower.

7 hours ago, Danger said:

Penn State:

John Reid I expect to be a bit higher. Cam Brown a bit lower.

Maybe but Reid to me has never taken that next step yet, the injury 2017 hurt that obviously, he needs to show more toughness tackling I feel to become more of an elite prospect.  Cam Brown to me right now has a higher upside, made strides last year and should be even better this season but will see.  

PS  To those following along I took Trey Smith out of the 1st round ranking I have, after looking more into it just seems like too big of a health risk to play football much less be a 1st rounder.  Talent wise has that kind of ability no doubt but until he is on the right path health wise blood clots in his lungs twice this past year, once in the spring then again 3/4 of the way in the season, that sounds extremely serious in my book.  Hopefully it is not but it really sounds like it and might end his career, I hope not though.

I have Willekes as a 1st rounder potentially and after watching this I like him even more.  Seems like a great young kid and was insanely good last season in terms of his production and consistency at getting into the backfield and being solid at the point of attack against the run.  Uses his hands very well and knows how to beat offensive tackles and is great with leverage, hopefully he can come back off this injury and combined with ILB Bachie the Spartans have a very interesting D that will be one to watch for sure with Raequan Williams at DT, Scott at CB, Dowell at S and the Panasiuk brothers as well on the DL.