2020 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (+weekly prospect standouts)

Ozzy

Some more transfer information.

*Tommy Stevens former Penn State QB/RB/WR is moving on to Mississippi State as a transfer and has a chance to potentially start I feel.  Has a connection with the coach Joe Moorhead and hopefully he gets his chance to shine, only has one year left.  I thought he showed flashes at times at Penn State just needed a chance to play and needs to stay healthy as well.  Is a possible position change and is a long shot for the NFL but might be an interesting enough athlete to pay attention to.

*Tavien Feaster is in the transfer portal, kind of a surprise but he could be a stud with another program, big physical back who is strong and had a good season last year and this will be his last season.  Will see what he decides to do.

*Sihiem King is in the transfer portal as well, surprising because with Snell gone he could be the man on Kentucky, is a good quick back that showed some flashes at times and might be an opportunity somewhere else.

*Mark Allen former Penn State RB, never did much but flashed in spring games and is a decent athlete, he has transferred to Duquesne.

*JD King former Ok State RB who was a SOPH this past year transferred to Georgia Southern but will have to sit out a year before playing but I think he has two years left to play.  Similar to Hill and was thought to be the next up there at OK State but was passed on the depth chart by Hubbard last year.  Should get a nice chance to shine with the Georgia Southern program either at RB or as a wild cat QB possibly.

*Zech McPhearson former Penn State CB, decent athlete and potential transferred to Texas Tech and can play right away.  Was a RS SOPH last year on Penn State, curious position to land, but should get a chance to start right away potentially.

Deondre Francois former RS JR Florida State QB is transferring to FAU as a walk on graduate transfer.  Decent landing spot for him to play but with his baggage would be surprised to see him be a high pick.  As a RS FR I thought he had tons of potential but the injury his second year hurt a ton and the off the field trouble he got in and then being kicked off the team.  Will see if he can show that strong arm and poise in the pocket despite getting crushed back there, but clearly he was just overly developed as a freshman but did not progress as a passer much since he has been in college when one would assume he would.  Should be able to do well at a lower competition level in a unique offense, still is probably a late round pick though.

Also potential draft pick next year, JR DE Bobby Roundtree out of Illinois suffered a severe spinal injury from a swimming accident.  Really awful and clearly he might never play again, hopefully he can.  Kid has potential and I think he could have easily been a mid round pick if not higher, had a fine SOPH season last year and has a great build for a DE. 

• 4 weeks later...

Florida State: 
Made some changes on defense, they have moved Hamsah Nasirildeen to linebacker from safety, will see if he sticks there I thought he showed some promise as a safety but might be a little slow.  The change is brought on by Jaiden Lars-Woodbey who would fill in as the safety last year as a freshman and could do some nice things this year, but he might end up as the LB and Nasirildeen might move back to safety will see.  Decent corners in Asante Samuel Jr I like and Stanford Samuel III is ok and has some some flashes.  Really interesting will be Levonta Taylor who apparently has moved to safety as well according to the depth chart.  That will be interesting, he flashed as a corner but has never been consistent and last year was just simply bad.  FSU has a decent DL if Wilson, Robinson and Kaindoh play well, and they will need the group to be much improved over last season if they want to improve as a team

Minnesota:
They might have one of deepest RB core in the nation if you are talking pure bodies at the position with proven ability.  They are Mohamed Ibrahim, Rodney Smith, Shannon Brooks, Bryce Williams and even maybe Seth Green as a Wild cat type QB runner.  Two thousand yard rushers in two different seasons and Brooks had over 700 yards his freshman year but injuries have slowed him and same with Rodney Smith.  And Bryce Williams had over 500 last season and again Seth Green was dynamic around the goal line in the wild cat running the football.   Super deep group and leading the way is the biggest offensive lineman in college in Daniel Faalele a player who I thought had a great freshman season and has pro potential no question, kid is a mover out there and was a huge part of their late season success.  Also Dunlap looks to become a consistent starter as well on the OL and has potential, so that run game in Minnesota should be one to watch out for no question.

Miami FL:
Will have something special this year at linebacker, so rare to have starting LB experience who have almost started their entire careers together and stayed all the way till their SR year.  With Quarterman, Pinckney and McCloud it is a crazy impressive LB core, and ahead of them is a talented group of potential pass rushers as well.  If they can get some help in the secondary they could be something, Bandy is decent at CB but safety is a question, hopefully Romeo Finely can fill in there but apparently he might be more a nickle LB potentially.  If Martell can finally move that offense and put up some points, they could have something no doubt.  And Travis Homer declared early for the draft for what?  To be a 6th round pick, they could do some things this year, and DeeJay Dallas will now get the chance at RB along with some other new faces.  The defense will carry them and lead them, will see if Quarterman can finally have that elite level season in terms of production and playmaking in big games.  

Ohio State:
Defense has a ton of returning proven talent on the unit.  Sure not all are super stars like Chase Young and the DL needs to improve in terms of the DT and opposite DE position to Young.  But at LB they have a ton of depth with Harrison, Borland and Browning and Werner who I expect to be the starter sooner rather than later.  Then at DB they are more than solid with Wade who could be a star, Okudah who has a lot of game and Arnette who is experienced.  They they got White at safety who came on strong last year and Fuller.  So more likely than not the defense will not the such an issue as it was last season.  Will see who from that group can take the next step and become an elite level talent.

Michigan:
Oddly enough they have a very solid OL returning.  Starting with Jon Runyan who had a good season last year and is poised to do it again, and a fine guard in Ben Bredeson who could be a mid round draft pick.  Then they have Ruiz at center, Onwenu at the other guard and Stueber at tackle who has showed some promise.  And they have Spanellis and Greg Robinson as backups.  Depth is one thing but if they can all play together as a unit they got a lot of returning talent that is for sure, and they will need it without Evans most likely or Higdon to run the ball.  

Auburn:
On the DL will be strong again, they lost Dean in the secondary which is huge for the defense and a few solid LBs as well.  But Derrick Brown in the middle is a legit top 15 pick, and Coe is a strong pass rushing DE and Davidson is not half bad either on the other side and could play DT if asked also.  Again overall the D might not be as strong but hard to not be impressed with those three solid starters they have on the DL.  

Notre Dame:
On the OL in terms of consistent starting experience, they might have the best OL in the nation.  Eichenberg is a solid player and so is Hainsey at the other OT spot.  Banks has potential at guard and Kraemer shows a lot of promise as well to be a very good player.  If Patterson can hang at center they should clearly be the #1 OL in the nation I feel.  Only one who could compete with them might be Alabama but Deonte Brown is suspended for the start of the season and Womack still has some things to prove as a OT not to mention the new starting center.  

Syracuse:
Interesting pair of pass rushers for Syracuse, rarely does a team have two defensive ends come back that each on 10 sacks the season before.  Alton Robinson is super athletic and long and Kendall Coleman is simply productive, could be an interesting defense for the Cuse no question especially with the centerfield star in Andre Cisco back at safety and a promising young CB in Trill Williams.

Wake Forest:
Odd to say but they could have a decent offense this year.  Sam Hartman showed some things at QB last year and if he does not work out Jamie Newman is extremely talented as well and proved a lot late last season also, he is a big strong kid.  Then at RB Cade Carney had a great season last year and could be even better this season.  At WR they have depth with Scotty Washington who I expect to break out this season, Sage Surratt and Kendall Hinton former QB.  Too bad Greg Dortch declared early and went undrafted, if he would have returned they would of had a damn impressive offensive with his depth threat speed.  

A few other prospects to watch this year:

Manny Bowen SR LB Utah:
Penn State transfer who could have a dominating season on Utah I feel.  They are such a talented group with solid prospects in the secondary, very good DL talent and have a need for good LB play with Barton and Hansen moving onto the NFL.  Bowen will be teamed with Francis Bernard a BYU transfer who is a decent player as well at LB.  I always like Bowen's athletic ability he showed at Penn State, and should get a great chance to do a lot of things this year on Utah for that unit.  

Stephen Sullivan SR TE/WR LSU:
I see he is listed as a TE and that would be a very interesting position change.  Love his size as a WR and if he can use that big frame as a pass catching TE he could be an interesting prospect.  Even as a WR I think he is a draftable type talent and as a TE even more so, will see if he sticks at that position this year.  Also hopefully for what Pettigrew can do at that spot as well for LSU as another big long TE.

Jaelan Phillips JR DE Miami FL: 
The former UCLA transfer is in a nice situation.  Does not have to perform with the super star Garvin and the transfer Hill on the roster already.  But if Phillips can stay healthy which he has not done his entire career in college, he could become a decent player.  Has a great build and uses his hands well for a DE.  Will be interesting to see what he can do in a new environment.  If he can play well they could develop a pretty sound defense down there in Miami.

K'Lavon Chaisson RS SOPH OLB/DE LSU:
Easy to forget about him but the kid can play and has worlds of potential.  Could provide a much needed pass rush for LSU and is part of a pretty talented and stacked group of linebackers.  Will see what he looks like off the injury, but kid could play and bend the edge early in his career, will see if he can round back to form.

Jordan Davis SOPH DT Georgia:
Really liked what he showed last season in little spurts.  Kid is a giant DT with good feet and athletic ability.  Could be a monster on the DL if he can stay healthy and stay active in the game.  Huge upside with him and got to love that frame, will see if he can break out this season for Georgia who should have a very sound defensive unit at all levels.  

Brandon Peters, former Michigan QB is transferring to Illinois and will be eligible to play this season.  Will most likely be the starter and get another chance to show what he can do.  Interesting move especially in conference like that.  He is a RS JR now and still has two years left he could play, he transferred because he graduated from Michigan and is considered a grad transfer.  He will not be surrounded by a ton of talent but will be very interesting how he performs.  

Be curious what happens to Dylan McCaffrey, who is a JR academically but is really a RS SOPH this up coming season.  He should be the man next year once Patterson moves on, also will be curious what Joe Milton does on Michigan also the current SOPH.  

Also the talented Bryce Watts, former Virginia Tech CB has transferred to UNC as a JR but will most likely have to sit out a year before he can play so should be a RS JR in 2020.  

Edited by Ozzy

• 2 weeks later...
Prospect information, a few new players included into the 2020 Mock ranking.

Recently added

*Curtis Weaver JR DE Boise State:
I need to watch him play more for sure but looks like a very solid down 4/3 DE, good at holding the point of attack and getting off blocks.  Is quick enough to get around the OT and make plays, uses his hands well.  Has decent length and has been a pretty consistent playmaker since his freshman year which is impressive.  Could easily be a early entry guy and potentially a 2nd round pick or higher.  I like him a lot and look forward to seeing him more this up coming year.  

*Amik Robertson JR CB La Tech:  
The more I watch him the more I like him, do need to watch him some more though.  Kid can flat out ball, is a very quick and athletic corner who is on the short side but can play the slot, blitz off the edge and attack the football in the air.  Has great feet, is ball aware in the passing game and is a strong competitor who has great coverage skills.  Could really rise up the draft boards potentially, is a playmaker out there and could come out early and be a 2nd rounder with a good season.  Hard to find a kid who can do as much as he can, and in the pass happy day of the NFL he is a needed player to have. 

*Julian Okwara SR DE Notre Dame:  
I need to watch him more but looks pretty good out there, is a long athlete with good quickness for his size and was pretty productive last year.  Is the brother of Romeo who had a breakout year last season in the NFL.  Could gain Julian a lot more attention especially if he plays well this year because of that.  Good looking athlete and could be a nice mid round pick come draft time and is one to watch out for.  

*JaQuan Bailey SR OLB/DE Iowa State:  
Decent edge rusher who had a solid season last year, will see if he can take it up a notch this season.  Can bend the edge and potentially play in a 3/4 OLB position, might not be strong enough at the point of attack to be a down DE but maybe in time.  See if he can keep up the production he had last year, good quickness and speed for his size.  

*Jordan Mack SR ILB Virginia:  
Very athletic playmaker looking back, he is active, great at blitzing and can cover a lot of ground.  Is not a super physical LB but his versatility and range is interesting especially in a 3/4 defense.  Productive player and has been for awhile, he will be one to watch out for on that Virginia team who has more than one potential standout defensive player to pay attention to.  

*KeShawn Vaughn SR RB Vandy:
The more I watch him the kid has some wheels, good quickness and make you miss ability from the RB position.  Could be a good mid round draft pick especially if he has another fine season like last year but he did tail off a little as the season went on.  Kid can motor out there, makes quick cuts and is a long run threat at all times.  Will see how he does with more focus on him this year and a much less experienced QB throwing the football.  

*Maurice French SR WR Pitt:
Kid has some wheels, is a versatile return man who could be a punt returner or kick returner.  Has good open field speed and can clearly run after the catch.  Did not have an amazing year last season but could have a big year this season even with Pitt being a very run heavy team.  French has the speed and quicks to at least be a return man at the next level if not a decent slot WR with playmaking ability.  

*Termayne Anchrum SR OT Clemson:  
There is nothing amazing about him but the kid keeps his balance and can stay in front of his man, has a good punch and stays square.  Has good feet but lacks height, is only 6-2 and is probably shorter but kid can play RT for sure and if not could be a fine potential switch to OG.  Should be a decent late round pick at least I would think.  

*Charlie Woerner SR TE Georgia:
Kid is a solid player, also liked his potential but has never really broke out, will see if this season can be his year with Nauta gone.   Kid is a versatile blocker though, gets after it and is more than willing, if he picks up his pass catching game a little he could be a decent late round pick.  Could be a good 2nd or 3rd TE in the NFL for a TE heavy team potentially.  

Already included but have moved up

*Andrew Thomas JR OT Georgia:
Seen a lot of hype for this guy, and looking back at him a big he is a physically dominating player.  Just put him at RT in the NFL and let him just maul guys in a run heavy offensive system.  Can just shove guys around with his power and does not get pushed around what so ever.  Is not asked to pass protect that often and is in a run heavy system which protects him in pass protection.  If left on an island in a pass heavy system he might struggle but if put with a run team he could be really good.  In a some what weak elite OT draft, he could be one of the best for sure and should be a 1st rounder, just not totally sold on him in pass pro just yet and might be more of a OG in the NFL but could hang at RT also.

*Patrick Taylor SR RB Memphis:  
Kid has a great season last year and few knew about it, is a big huge back who is heavy and tall.  Shows good speed and playmaking ability no question and will be the man this year with Henderson off to the NFL.  If he can increase his level of production even more he could easily be a mid round draft pick.  Physically he is put together and there is a lot to like about that part of his game.  

*Alton Robinson SR DE Syracuse:
I liked him last year but after watching more of him he is a better player than I originally thought.  Kid is cat quick off the edge, can really burst off the line of beat tackles consistently.  Fine pass rushing talent who is smooth and fluid out there, could potentially play in a 3/4 OLB spot I think also.  Should have a great year and could be anywhere from being a 2nd or 3rd round pick I feel.  Even in a surprisingly decent DE class overall he is one of the good ones no doubt.  

*Xavier McKinney JR S Alabama: 
Came on last season for Alabama, kid made some impressive plays out there for sure.  Hard to rank him though in that Bama system because last year with Deionte Thompson showing so much promise as a JR with little PT then as a full time starter was good.  But got injured and could not run in the pre draft work so he fell a lot in the draft.  McKinney can play though, good versatility in coverage and size, will see if he can put together a fine season this year and if so could be a mid round draft pick or 2nd rounder maybe.  

DefiantHarmfulClingfish-max-1mb.gif
Quick note Antoine Winfield Jr is a RS SOPH next year and is apparently eligible to play 2019, 2020 and 2021.  Great for him but if he has a good season this up coming year I expect him to declare based on his pretty awful injury history of late.  Basically missed most of the last two years with injuries and has only played 8 games in two years.  Kid can play no doubt and is an interesting safety just can he stay healthy.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27085061/wsu-safety-thompson-loses-final-year-eligibility

Freaking sucks for Jalen Thompson, he was one of the better safeties in the upcoming draft no question.  Smooth in coverage and has been a top level player since his freshman year, has been good for awhile and was poised for a fine senior year.  Reason was he purchased a "over the counter" supplement that was not a steroid.  

Apparently going to the Supplemental draft in July, a team could get a steal with him.  I had him as a high 3rd round and possibly 2nd round pick next year if all went well.  He has some ability no question as a safety.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Activated10 said:

Jalen Hurts will go in the first round, at minimum he isn't going lower than 2nd round pick. Lincoln Riley is amazing.

Lincoln Riley is amazing, he should be in the NFL coaching the Arizona Cardinals this year not freaking Kliff Kingsbury.  He is a great coach and has a great system, has a long line of successful QBs as a OC or HC.  Dominique Davis 2 years, Shane Carden 2 years, Baker Mayfield 3 years and Kyler Murray 1 year.  

Baker is awesome but the rest are still wait and see, Carden and Davis obviously both did not turn out and will see what Kyler can do, doubt he will be as successful early as Baker but time will tell.

Jalen Hurts just to me is not a pure passer, he has flat feet in the pocket and does not have great awareness.  His arm talent and arm strength in general I question with his release and fundamentals. But in that system will be able to run around and make things happen just like Kyler did last year.  Just I do not view him as an elite level talent in the NFL, great leader and great kid no doubt.  He will get a chance at QB for sure at the next level where early in his career I thought he would be a position change possibly.   Just not quite ready to make him a 1st round pick and potential Pro Bowl type player in the NFL just because he is on a pass happy offense in his last year in college that has produced the past two Heisman trophy winners.

Take Hurts compared to a Jordan Love type, Hurts arm is no where near Love in terms of velocity, accuracy or just a simple fluid motion.  Love has a cannon and made a number of wow throws last year and I expect even more this up coming season.  Hurts to me just does not make those type of throw consistently so yeah I question his overall arm talent.  Will see if he can change that this year.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Lincoln Riley is amazing, he should be in the NFL coaching the Arizona Cardinals this year not freaking Kliff Kingsbury.  He is a great coach and has a great system, has a long line of successful QBs as a OC or HC.  Dominique Davis 2 years, Shane Carden 2 years, Baker Mayfield 3 years and Kyler Murray 1 year.  

Baker is awesome but the rest are still wait and see, Carden and Davis obviously both did not turn out and will see what Kyler can do, doubt he will be as successful early as Baker but time will tell.

Jalen Hurts just to me is not a pure passer, he has flat feet in the pocket and does not have great awareness.  His arm talent and arm strength in general I question with his release and fundamentals. But in that system will be able to run around and make things happen just like Kyler did last year.  Just I do not view him as an elite level talent in the NFL, great leader and great kid no doubt.  He will get a chance at QB for sure at the next level where early in his career I thought he would be a position change possibly.   Just not quite ready to make him a 1st round pick and potential Pro Bowl type player in the NFL just because he is on a pass happy offense in his last year in college that has produced the past two Heisman trophy winners.

Take Hurts compared to a Jordan Love type, Hurts arm is no where near Love in terms of velocity, accuracy or just a simple fluid motion.  Love has a cannon and made a number of wow throws last year and I expect even more this up coming season.  Hurts to me just does not make those type of throw consistently so yeah I question his overall arm talent.  Will see if he can change that this year.

Love your analysis dude, you deserve to get paid for this. You have way more knowledge about this than me so you're most likely right. I'm just confident Riley can harness Hurts skills and make him look like a legit NFL QB. Also Hurts worked with former Pats QB coach during his last year in Bama so that should help.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
*Dylan Moses Alabama JR ILB:
Dude is super compact and super powerful as a ILB.  His upper body strength is very impressive and he can just stone guys out there and drop them.  Might have underrated him a little, seems more like a 1st rounder or 2nd rounded than a 3rd rounder.  Limited a little in coverage but in a 3/4 could do a great job.  Will be curious how he does without Q ahead of him keeping him clean to attack.  

*Jared Pinkney Vandy SR TE:
Might have underrated him a little, very versatile TE, I need to watch him more but the fact he is complete and can block a little and be moved around really helps his stock.  Is in line, out wide, split off the line everything you can do and be placed as a TE he is or at least can be.  Love how athletic he is going up and getting the football, compact build and could have a great year.  Will be interesting how he does with a different less talented QB throwing him the ball, but if he can improve off his production from last year could end up being a 2nd round pick or 1st rounder, just not sold on him being a high 1st round pick at all though but will see.

*CJ Henderson Florida JR CB:
Is a tough and confident corner, good reaction time and knows how to break on the football.  I need to watch him more not sure what his ceiling is but this year should tell a lot.  Kid can hit at times when he gets the chance but his pure coverage skills are solid.  He will be one to watch this year, could become a 2nd round pick potentially or 3rd rounder but will see how he does first. 

*Javon Kinlaw South Carolina SR DT:
Possibly might have underrated him a little bit, dude is so thick and strong.  Very powerful man and is solid, good build and had a good productive season last year and should be even better this year.  Could potentially play his way into being one of the top end DTs in the up coming 2020 draft.  He is one to watch for no question, kid is a strong player who can just throw guards out of the way at times and use his power.  

*Pooka Williams Jr Kansas SOPH RB:
Loved the kid last year and hopefully he can move on and improve from his off the field issues this past half year.  Kid has lighting quickness and can cut on a dime, really knows how to make people miss, press the line and make huge running plays.  Is small but runs very hard and aggressively.  Plays against awful Big 12 defense but he is productive without a lot of talent around him.  With Miles as the HC he should get the ball even more and if he can keep his off the field stuff clean kid could be a star.  

*Leki Fotu Utah SR DT:
I need to watch him play some more but the kid is a massive DT, long and big and knows how to get upfield.  His lack of consistently being on the field is an issues, needs to get in better shape and be more consistent but I expect a good year out of him this season.  Can beat the guard at attack up the middle, could play outside 3/4 DE as well if asked I feel.  

*Jedrick Willis Alabama JR OT:
Will be interesting how he plays this season, kid can be a mauler at times but does get knocked back and off balance more than he should.  If he can work on his base, become more solid there and use that great size and strength he could easily develop into a 1st round pick.  I have him as a 2nd rounder right now but could improve on that, he is one to watch no doubt and will be curious how the hyped freshman Neal does for Bama potentially on the other OT spot.  

*Tanner Muse Clemson SR S/OLB:
He will be one to watch, I am just not sold on him as a safety at all.  In coverage I think he is a little stiff, can get to the ball but is usually late and being a physical safety is not as important in the NFL today because you cannot hit players like you used to.  So the intimidation factor does not really apply as much.  Kid could be a standout OLB though with above average coverage skills of course.  Will be curious how he plays this year being one of the leaders of a defense that lost so much talent and leadership.  

*Markus Bailey Purdue SR LB:
He is physical and aggressive at linebacker and could be a great 3/4 ILB, has pass rush skills and could play 3/4 OLB as well with his ability to hold the point of attack.  He is a good open field tacker, plays with great passion and is one of the better linebacker prospects potentially in the draft.  He is super versatile, could argue he is one of the more versatile linebackers in the up coming draft, he is tough and athletic.

*Mekhi Sargent Iowa SOPH RB:
Has a decent build, can sneak around defenders and make plays down field.  Is a gliding runner and is smooth, will be curious how he does for Iowa this year.  Their track record of RBs is not great at all, usually one year wonders or guys who bust in the NFL, not sure Sargent has that high of a ceiling but will be curious how he does this season, is a decent prospect.  

*D'Eriq King Houston SR QB:
I have to watch him more but hard to know like his arm strength and production and should be even better this year.  Obviously not sold on his overall size and is potentially a product of a system there at Houston and he should be even better with Dana being the HC.  As a SR QB could maybe be a late round pick for someone with a strong year this season no question, will have to see how he does. 

*McKenzie Milton UCF SR QB:
I did take him out of the 2020 draft because I am not totally sure but I assume he will not play this up coming season and might take a RS year.  Will see, kid is a mid round talent and with how he can manage a game and make plays outside the pocket does have a chance in the NFL if healthy.  Most likely he comes back another year after a medical redshirt though, will see if that indeed happens or not this year.

• 4 weeks later...

Top position cores potentially in college football this up coming year.  Mostly based on proven players returning but did include some freshman but not many.  Did not include a QB position but did have running QBs in the RB position as a run game combination.  Also included TEs with the WRs.  

RB/running QB: Will be curious how Taylor does with a different OL but hard to argue with Groshek and even Shaw behind him.  Alabama could have easily been #1 but Trey Sanders is injured and who knows what his impact will be this season.  And Najee Harris is still has yet to be the man at that position but will get the chance this year.  Minnesota in terms of pure bodies is hard to argue with, they have a lot of talent especially if Smith and Brooks can stay healthy.  Florida is underrated and they got good depth and could all have a great year.  

Wisconsin: Taylor, Groshek, Shaw
Alabama: Harris, Robinson Jr., T. Sanders
Minnesota: Ibrahim, Smith, Brooks, Williams, Green
Florida: Perine, Pierce, Davis, Franks
TCU: Olonilua, Anderson, Delton
Oklahoma: Sermon, Brooks, Hurts

WR/TE:  Easily #1 is Bama by far in terms of pure depth, they got a ton of playmakers and Jeudy and Ruggs should be even better this season.  Clemson just with Ross and Higgins alone is amazing.  Ohio State is loaded again and should do very well, and sleeper is Florida especially if those athletic TEs perform in Pitts and Krull but they are still some what unknowns at this point.  Michigan has a lot of WR/TE talent as well and McKeon should have a huge year.

Alabama: Jeudy, Ruggs III, Smith, Waddle, Forristall, James
Clemson: Ross, Higgins, Rodgers
Ohio State: Victor, Hill, Mack, Olave, Farrell, Berry
Michigan:  Black, Collins, Peoples-Jones, McKeon, Eubanks
Purdue: Moore, Hopkins, Anthrop, Sparks
Florida:  Toney, Cleveland, Pitts, Jefferson, Swain, Krull
South Carolina: Edwards, S. Smith, O. Smith, Pollard

OL:   To me easily the best is Notre Dame, got two solid tackles and fine guards as well, center is the only real question mark.  Should be the strength of the team again even with losing a good amount of talent on the OL the past two seasons.  Bama should be very good especially when Brown comes back from the suspension and if Willis can take the next step, or they could have the freshman come in who could be great players especially at OT.  Michigan is solid and very experienced, see how they do and Georgia is on here mostly because of Thomas but Wilson is a decent player the rest have to improve a good deal I think.

Notre Dame: Kraemer, Eichenberg, Hainsey, Banks, Patterson
Alabama: Willis, Leatherwood, D. Brown, Womack, Lashley, Owens
Michigan: Runyan, Bredeson, Ruiz, Onwenu, Stueber, Spanellis, Robinson
Washington: Adams, Harris, Hilbers, Kirkland, Wattenberg
Georgia: Thomas, Wilson, Cleveland, Hill, Kindley

DL:  Odd saying it but across the board four starters it is easily Auburn I feel, Brown is a super star and Bryant and Coe are good on the edges.  Wish Davidson was more a DT but he also plays on the edge or DE.  Still four fine players and should easily be the strength of the team.  Michigan State will be very good especially if Willekes can stay healthy.  Florida State could surprise some with Wilson in the inside and Kaindoh and Robinson on the edges.  Ohio State is on mostly because of Young but the other guys all have to take a huge step forward.  

Auburn: D. Brown, Coe, Davidson, Bryant
Michigan State: Willekes, Williams, M. Panasiuk, J. Pansiuk
Florida State: Kaindoh, Robinson, Wilson
Ohio State: Young, Landers, Cooper, Cornell, Garrett
Georgia:  J. Davis, Rochester, Clark, Herring

LB:  Odd saying it but LSU probably has this, tons of depth and a lot of playmakers especially if Chassion can come back healthy.  Really like what Divinity did last year and Phillips, and if those guys do not work out they have Anthony who is huge, Thornton and Queen also.  Bama should be good and could be higher if Lewis can stay healthy, Moses is a monster but McMillon is already injured before the season started.  Virginia should be great with Snowden on the edge and Mack and Zandier in the middle.  

LSU: Divinity, Chassion, Phillips, Anthony, Thornton, Queen,
Alabama: Moses, Jennings, Lewis, Allen, McMillon, Kaho
Virginia: Snowden, Mack, Zandier, Snyder
Miami FL: Quarterman, Pinckney, McClud, Finley, Jennings Jr.
Penn State: Parsons, Brown, Johnson, Luketa

DB:  LSU could easily be #1 but Fulton has to improve a lot and stay healthy and will see how great Stingley is, if he is as good as I think they should easily be #1 with Delpit by far the best safety in the nation.  Until then Florida is super deep at corner with proven players and Henderson should have a great year along with Stewart and Dean is a fine cover man.  Bama should be improved with Diggs back, Jobe is good and Surtain is a possible star, and McKinney is going to be a solid safety.  Texas could be higher if those corners play well, Sterns and BJ Foster have so much upside at safety.  Ohio State could be a lot better with White and Fuller at safety and Wade has a ton of upside.  

Florida: Henderson, Dean III, M. Wilson, Stewart, Taylor
LSU: Delpit, Fulton, Harris Jr, Stingley Jr, Stevens
Alabama: Surtain, Diggs, Jobe, McKinney, Carter
Ohio State: Wade, Arnette, Okudah, Fuller, White
Georgia: LeCoute, Reed, Stokes, Campbell, McGhee
Texas: Sterns, BJ Foster, B. Jones, Cook, Jamison
Florida State: Samuel Jr, Woodbey, Samuels III, Taylor, House

Overall the DL depth is pretty weak, not a ton of teams with returning bulk up front but that is understandable considering the draft that just happened and how many DL were picked highly.  Also on the RB spot, in terms of a team with two big time bell cows to carry the rock not many come to mind but that could change with incoming freshman of course.  

Close to the start of the year next Saturday with Florida vs Miami FL.  Great matchup for sure but honestly how many sons of former football players can be on one roster?  Heck looks like David Njoku's brother is on the roster as well.  Not official of course, but just skimming it are all these guys sons of a baller?  I know the first four are, not totally sure about the rest but still seems odd.  Sadly most of the time son of greats rarely turn out to be very good, especially if it is son of Hall of Famers.

Sam Brooks Jr, Michael Irvin II, Al Blades Jr, Bradley Jennings Jr, Patrick Joyner Jr,  Gurvan Hall Jr, Brian Hightower, Evidence Njoku... etc.

That Miami team will be depending a lot on transfers Hill and Phillips on the edge to help out Garvin.  Also Bolden on the back end to help that secondary but most importantly Martell at the QB spot and he should do well but they will need Dallas to be great at RB.  Still curious why Homer left last year he should have returned to school.  They will have a hard time beating a solid Florida team that is greatly improving under the leadership of Dan Mullen who is really cleaning up the program and bringing it back it seems.  

200.gif

A few changes to the 2020 mock before the season starts.

Bryce Hall Virginia SR CB:
I probably underrate him a little but as a corner because of his lack in elite foot speed and quickness.  But he is super long and obviously amazing at getting his hands on the football and breaking up passes.  Now I wish he would intercept passes way more than just break them up but maybe he will take that step this year.  Good tackler in the open field and in the right system that uses big long corners he could do amazing.  If Flowers has a down year I could see Seattle taking him potential, would fit great there.  Have moved him from early 2nd to mid to high 1st round.

Andrew Thomas Georgia JR OT:
Moved him up a few spots, the OL talent around the league is just so so and the kid is nasty and an aggressive blocker.  Multiple teams could easily take him in the 1st round and possibly high.  Not sold on the #1 overall talk just yet but will see how he does this year, a ton to like about his feet and his ability to move guys with his hands.  

David Woodward Utah State RS JR ILB:
I had him lower and moved him up a good deal to the 2nd round.  Still not 100% sold on his body type, is very thin and not super strong but plays strong.  Like how he moves in space and he hits well for a smaller guy.   Would like to see him bulk up a little for this up coming season no question.  Is a tackling machine out there though.

Jordan Love Utah State RS JR QB:
Moved him up a little because the kid can simply throw the football.  To me he is the clear #3 QB in the up coming draft, but maybe he will have a down year who knows.  I think he will do great however and be even better than he was last season.  More expectations though but will see how he can handle them compared to last year where most did not know who he was.  

Yetur Gross-Matos Penn State JR DE:
Moved him up even a little more, he has such a good season last year and should be even better this season.  Good wide base, quick off the line and has a good motor.  Fine looking prospect and should be a 1st rounder no question if he improves off the season he had last year.  

AJ Green Ok State SR CB:
I did drop him down out of the 1st round, talent wise I think he could break out but I have been thinking that for over two years now.  Kid has elite ability but have to actually see it on the field first really.  So long and so athletic, hopefully he can take his play to that next level this up coming season.

Tristan Wirfs Iowa JR OT:
Did not move him up or down but did watch some tape on him and yeah he was pretty eh.  Was just in once place often and did not really block anyone just was out there and if no one was around did not seek out someone to block.  Obviously is an amazing athlete and just that upside alone makes him interesting.  Moves very well but he has to use that athletic ability and engage defenders a lot more, did improve later in the year and was decent against Miss State.  Huge upside no question but there is a little question to his game yet.

Note: Manny Bowen Utah RS SR OLB - he has apparently left college football and Utah for another "business" opportunity.  I would be really curious what that is.  I was going to bring him up as a potential breakout player in that fine Utah system with a good DL.  The kid was a really athletic playmaker at Penn State and had a lot of upside.  I guess football is not for him, wonder why he even bothered transferring into Utah.  I still have him as a late round pick in the mock because who knows, maybe that opportunity is not as great as he thinks.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27302101/lb-bowen-leaves-utes-business-opportunity

Players who could have breakout seasons this year.

Binjimen Victor Ohio State SR WR:
The kid is super talented and this year will be his time to shine.  Promising prospect and has been for awhile, been on a stacked roster that has tons of WR talent.  This year he should be one of the main weapons and get a lot of action to show what he can do.  Smooth athlete and has dominated at times in spring ball, just needs to take that over to the regular season.

Jacob Eason Washington RS JR QB:
Has been sitting around not playing for what seems like forever.  Is a super talented kid with one of the most talented throwing arms in college.  Will be curious how he does at Washington, they lost a lot on defense and offensively they are nothing amazing.  But Eason has potential and could be one of the best QBs to play at Washington in years.  Local kid, could really do well there.

Javon Kinlaw South Carolina SR DT:
I really like him and after this season almost everyone should know about him.  Super thick and strong at the point of attack, great size and length for a interior DT, has 3/4 DE potential as well.  Should do great things at South Carolina this year after flashing big time last season in terms of making plays and getting into the backfield.

Chase Claypool Notre Dame SR WR:
I liked him a lot last year and he should be even better this season.  Is such a fine athlete, good hands and good after the catch which is a surprise considering his size.  He can make things happen and gives great effort, I expect a big year out of him this season.

Trevon Diggs Alabama SR CB:
I hope he can finally stay healthy for once because he has such upside as a corner.  So smooth athletically and has great ball skills being a former receiver.  If he can stay on the field he could be awesome in pass coverage and do a lot of things defensively.  He has great feet in coverage and if he can improve his tackling and become a little more physical his stock will rise big time.

Chauncey Rivers Miss State RS SR DE:
They lost a ton of pass rush talent but Rivers could help fill that void.  He has a good motor, good quickness and uses his hands, could really breakout in terms of production no question about it.  

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

Prospect Standouts Week 0:

*Jonathan Greenard SR LB Florida:
Big time game for him and took advantage of the situation.  Edge rusher transferred in from Louisville as a GS.  Played a great game, could not be handled on the edge and got consistent pressure, looks the part of a 3/4 OLB and if he can keep up this level of play he will be a decent mid tear 3/4 OLB prospect potentially in the up coming draft.

*Jabari Zuniga SR DE Florida:
Like his teammate Greenard was almost unblockable, did play a very inexperienced and young OL and they took total advantage of it getting 10 sacks as a team and 16 TFL.  Still Zuniga stood out and he has been a good player for a long time, liked his play last year and if he could take it to another level this year he could be a 2nd round pick no doubt or late 1st.  Looks more thick and put on some weight, played some DT as well and can just get after the QB, could be a 4/3 DE or 3/4 OLB I feel, very nice looking pass rusher off to a great start.

*Trajan Bandy JR CB Miami FL:
Have never thought of him as an elite CB but looks the part physically, love how tough he is and how well he tackled in the open field.  Still needs to show he can be the man on the island and no longer is just a slot corner.  But good game for him, love his thickness and strength, is very built for his size.  Could be a early entry guy maybe if he keeps up his physical play at CB, was not challenged much in the pass game but showed up as a tackler in the open field.

*Brevin Jordan SOPH TE Miami FL:
Very good game for him, super athletic TE/HB type.  Not a fan of a TE at that size usually but hard to argue with production and he is hard to cover no doubt.  Athletic after the catch and made plays for sure, should have a great season this year.  I do not to see him block a little better will see if he can be an elite playmaker consistently all year long.

*DeeJay Dallas JR RB Miami FL:
I liked him last year but he looks much improved this season.  Such lower leg power and strength, super thick and strong back that has really got better.  Was curious what they would look like without Homer back there but Dallas looks the part and if he can stay healthy he should have a fine season this year.  Explosive playmaking in this game and breaking tackles, even without great OL play, awesome first game by him and if he keeps this up his stock will be rising a lot.

*Jeremiah Moon RS JR LB Florida:
Was great to see him play well, was so up and down last year but he was very active out there.  Got good pressure on the QB, is a fine looking athlete and looks a little thicker and stronger.  Is a versatile player who can get speed pressure off the edge and gave great effort in this game.  Most likely he will come out early but does have another year left as a RS JR, nice start to the season for him see if he can keep it up.

*Gregory Rousseau RS FR DE Miami FL:
Promising young edge rusher, got a few solid pressures in that game and could have a real breakout season for them this year as a situational pass rusher.  Long and lean kid and fits the mold, looks like another solid athletic edge rusher for them.

*Kyle Pitts SOPH TE Florida:
I liked the athletic ability he showed out there, hopefully they can get him the ball more because he is so athletic.  He should have a breakout season if they can do that, kid is long and can move well.

*Gilbert Frierson RS FR DB Miami FL:
Need to watch him more but physically he is interesting, looks like a LB and they list him at that but really he is a S out there.  Played in the slot and did some things well, got beat especially on that big pass play but physically he is put together and if he can handle himself in coverage he has a lot of potential as a safety I feel long term.

*Josh Hammond RS JR WR Florida:
Was impressive as a WR out there, was never a huge fan of his earlier in his career, was just one of the guys but showed some big time speed in this game and despite being in a super deep WR core on Florida he stood out.  See how well he does the rest of the season.  

*Khalil Tate SR QB Arizona: 
The kid is physically put together, loved him earlier in his career, did have some injury issues of course and last year improved greatly as a passer.  In the NFL today he has a chance at QB, would not have said that years before but he fits what some teams in the NFL are doing and if say Trace McSorley can play as well as he has been in the NFL preseason, so can Tate.  

*Jarren Williams RS FR QB Miami FL:
Was not super impressed with what he showed right off the bat but have to give it to him behind that OL and he still made plays throwing the football.  See why he beat out Tate for the position at QB there, he is a lot better than Perry looked last season and even in a loss it was a good game by him for his first.

*Stone Forsythe RS JR OT Florida:
Is a long shot but physically looks the part of a tough RT, is well put together and has strong hands.  Did get beat a few times but is a new starter for that group, will see if he can round out over the next two seasons and become a NFL prospect or not.  

*Shawn Davis JR S Florida:
Flashed a little bit, need to watch him a lot more but seemed to move pretty well at safety and get in the action.  Stiner might be on the bench soon so will see if he can take over that position and be more consistent or not.  

Excited for college football to be back...

illK6U.gif

original.gif
  • Like 1