Ozzy

2020 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (+weekly prospect standouts)

Is Bryce Perkins really a 5th round value as a QB?

10 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I mean in the overall prospect rankings from the  revised OP.  I've been reading these weekly and have seen the couple of times you wrote about him.  

I should have been more specific on where he was missing from.

I updated that list now with the most recent guys I could recall who have declared and any I did miss.  Tried to include some I moved out on the list below but sure I forgot some.  For most the year I did consider Justin Jefferson as a guy who would return to school but with how great he has played I doubt that happens anymore.  

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Is Bryce Perkins really a 5th round value as a QB?

I would say the list of quarterbacks might got like this but Fromm could be easily returning to school.  Perkins is a better leader and winner than Montez and Tate.  He has more upside than Huntley but they have similar games, he has more athletic ability than Lewerke and again is a better winner and leader than Gordon and or Francois.  

Joe Burrow LSU RS SR QB
Tua Tagovailoa Alabama JR QB
Justin Herbert Oregon SR QB
Jacob Eason Washington RS JR QB
Jordan Love Utah State RS JR QB
Jake Fromm Georgia JR QB
Shea Patterson Michigan SR QB
Jalen Hurts Oklahoma QB 
Nathan Stanley Iowa SR QB
Bryce Perkins Virginia SR QB
Steven Montez Colorado RS SR QB
Khalil Tate Arizona SR QB
Tyler Huntley Utah SR QB
Brian Lewerke Michigan State RS SR QB
Anthony Gordon Washington State RS SR QB
Deondre Francois Hampton RS SR QB

At first this year I did not think he was going to be a drafted QB.  But he played pretty well this year I thought against good competition in big games.  Looked very good in the bowl game against Florida, obviously played well against VT, showed he is a great competitor against Clemson late I thought in the title game.  The kid to me has really grew as a passer this year and was not just a runner first.  He did not have great receivers to pass to or much of a run game at all or a great OL either.  But kid won some big games and showed fine leadership so I think he has a chance at the next level.  Sure might not be a 5th rounder but at worst should get picked up in the 6th or 7th round.  But how the QBs look again I would not take Montez, Tate, Huntley, Lewerke, Gordon or Francois over him.  Maybe Montez but again Perkins was a winner and lead his teams to winning games, Montez never did that with more talent around him and more size and overall talent arguably.  

Perkins is a gamer and has a chance to be a solid backup for a team and great locker room guy.  

Updated the 7 round ranking with the recent underclassman that have come and gone.  As far as I can tell here are the guys who have not declared yet, most are on LSU and Clemson of course.  I did not include Austin Jackson from USC because I think he is returning but he could declare as well potentially.  

Underclassman that have not declared but could come out potentially.

Isaiah Simmons Clemson RS JR OLB
Tristan Wirfs Iowa JR OT
AJ Epenesa Iowa JR DE
Grant Delpit LSU JR S
Tee Higgins Clemson JR WR
Travis Etienne Clemson JR RB
K'Lavon Chaisson LSU RS SOPH OLB
AJ Terrell Clemson JR CB
Justin Jefferson LSU JR
Camryn Bynum Cal RS JR CB
Deonte Brown Alabama RS JR OG
Tommy Kraemer Notre Dame RS JR OG
Jordon Scott Oregon JR DT
Jamar Watson Kentucky RS JR OLB
Tyler Vaughns USC RS JR WR

I could see maybe Bynum returning, Deonte Brown possibly, Kraemer, Watson and Vaughns for sure coming back is an option.  The rest I see as all coming out for the draft and would be very surprised if they do not.  I am sure the NFL hopes a guy like Tristan Wirfs comes out, they are in desperate need for OL talent in the league and this guy looks like a freak show athletically.  

Have a four rounder already in the works for 2021 soon to expand once all the underclassmen declare or not.  

Edited by Ozzy