2020 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (+weekly prospect standouts)

Ozzy

On 4/30/2019 at 7:12 PM, Hawkeyejam said:

If they meet the projected development and avoid setbacks(injuries), Iowa will have 3 guys go in top 50

I think there's a 100% chance of this.

DE AJ Epenesa- Possibly best DE in next year's draft

Chase Young.

LT Alaric Jackson- all around great prospect. Size, and capable at both run and pass protection. Quick feet and good hands

Yeah.

RT Tristan Wirfs- Y'all will salivate over this kid. Highest ceiling I've seen at Iowa for a Offensive line prospect. Said to be strongest G/T they've ever had. Superb in pass protection. Needs improvement on run protection but Spring practice reports are that the light bulb has turned on here and he's going to dominate.

Yeah for sure.

You heard it here first. Potential to be best Oline prospect out of Iowa under Ferentz

Should be.

On 8/26/2019 at 6:55 PM, BleedTheClock said:

I think there's a 100% chance of this.

Chase Young.

Yeah.

Yeah for sure.

Should be.

100% chance?  Alaric Jackson I feel is a OG in the NFL, he gets beat quite often at tackle in pass pro and did last year.  He might fall to the 2nd round unless a team really is in need of an OL late 1st round but will see how he looks this year.  And Wirfs is all hype at this point from the weight room, let us see him put it together on the field.  Watching him against Iowa State at times he did not block anyone and was just out there in space, he does move very well and maybe the light did go on for him.  But right now I would put him as a project 2nd rounder until proven he can play at a higher level in college.  Anyone that saw his workout stuff this spring is hard not to be impressed but he has to translate that to the field or it is just a bunch of nothing.  The loss of those two 1st round TEs is going to matter a lot for that offense not only in terms of blocking but how the offense functions in general.  Take those two out their weapons decrease greatly and I cannot imagine they will easily replace either one.  

In terms of Iowa in general they lost a ton of talent on that DL, Anthony Nelson, Matt Nelson, Parker Hesse as well so for AJ it will be a lot harder this year, will see just how good he is.  Also lost two fine safeties in Hooker and Gervase who will be hard to replace.  They got some dudes to watch though no doubt.

And great to hear Trey Smith is going to be back in action.  Hopefully he can stay on the field and the health issues are behind him but I am on the fence with that.  I do not have him on the big board right now because these will not just go away, hope he can play consistently this year and then take it from there at least.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27486728/vols-ol-smith-cleared-return-blood-clots

Week 1 Prospect Standouts:

*Andrew Thomas JR OT Georgia:
What an amazing prospect, I am going to move him up to a top 3 pick in the draft.  What a fine athlete that gives such great effort at the tackle position.  Is just a monster in the run game and goes all out on every play.  Is solid in pass pro, still would like to see him a little more thick in the lower body but the kid is a huge guy and a great athlete.  Top of the line pick and one of the best tackle prospects to come into the NFL in 5 years or so.  I had that Georgia OL ranked a little lower, top 5, because I questioned the other guys outside of Thomas and Wilson but those other dudes can ball as well and they are arguably the best OL in college football.

*Jonathan Taylor JR RB Wisconsin:
Amazing game by him and the obvious good thing to see him catching the football out of the backfield.  Was curious how he would look without those experienced guards back and losing 4 starters at times off that OL.  Seems like it does not really matter, and regardless of less talent on the OL he is just as good if not better.  Love his body language on the sidelines, is really engaged and communicating well.  Hard to not be super impressed with his play but it was against an pretty bad USF team that has lost now 7 games in a row going back to last season.  Already had Taylor as the #1 RB in the up coming draft and mid first round pick, might have to move him up to top 10 or potentially top 5 if he keeps this up.

*Bo Nix FR QB Auburn:
Did not have a great game stat wise but watching him throw the ball was something, very nice throwing motion and release, pretty looking football the throws.  Has a really live arm and was surprised he beat out Gatewood for the QB spot but not after seeing him spin the football.  Had that great come from behind drive to win the game as well.  Super impressive as a true freshman, will see if he can keep building on that performance but looks like a big time prospect with a ton of upside. 

*Terrell Lewis RS JR DE/OLB Alabama:
Great game by him, super active on the edge and showed a few pass rusher moves as well.  I really hope he can stay healthy, he is an elite athlete and a elite 3/4 edge rusher.  Has 1st round potential but that is only if he can stay on the field and healthy.  Love the effort he gave though and he was hard to handle that is for sure, see if he can keep it up.

*Justin Fields SOPH QB Ohio State: 
Hard to not like how he played in that game but it was against an awful defense.  Looked super comfortable out there and if he can pass the ball that well with his running ability he will be just as dangerous as Haskins was last year.  Still need to see more of him as a passer but they looked very good for a first game, wide open and loose but the competition helped open things up as well.  Still nice start from him, never threw the ball like that when he was at Georgia. 

*Cade Johnson JR WR South Dakota State:
Looked like a big time WR prospect that totally has a NFL future.  Moves very well, runs good routes and has good enough speed.  Could destroy teams at the FCS level and I think could lead that team to a National Title based on how they looked week 1.  He has good hands and that system there at South Dakota State obviously works and they have great coaches.  Surprised another school has not taken them yet but the head guy has apparently been there for over 30 years as an assistant or head coach so he is probably not going anywhere.

*Cole Van Lanen RS JR OT Wisconsin:
They lost a ton off that OL but in this game it did not matter and Van Lanen did look very damn good in it.  Did not go up against great competition but was very good in the run game and completely controlled his side of the line.  Kid looked great and if he can look that good against real competition for sure he could be a high draft pick, see if he can keep up this level of play.  Very interested to see how he looks again Young on Ohio State and that Michigan State DL up coming in the season. They just reload again and again there it seems, and I did not see the highly ranked freshman OT out there, I assume that could happen later in the year if they put Buss in at guard but will see. 

KeShawn Vaughn SR RB Vandy:
Going to have to watch him play football more, is so damn physical and tough despite not getting very good blocking at all.  Hopefully he can stay healthy through it all this season, kid is a beast out there and in a different setting would be dominating.  If he was behind that Georgia OL he would look just as good as Swift arguably.  Fine looking talent and great mid round pickup after the big boys get picked, he could be just as good as they are and he can catch the football out of the backfield as well.

*Antjuan Simmons JR LB Michigan State:
Amazing game by him, was all over the field in coverage and made plays in open space that were very impressive.  Is a small LB but can move and tackle well, is a ball of energy and was a terror out there along with that entire front seven arguably.  Interesting player, kind of hybrid coverage type LB, looked great though and should help a lot against more pass heavy teams with his ability to move in space.

*Josiah Deguara RS SR TE Cincinnati:
I need to watch him more but man that guy is put together, has huge arms and runs well for a big strong dude.  Good size and strength for the position, good blocker and good in space.  Without question he is a NFL prospect with his physical strength and versatility as a TE, looks like a nice mid round prospect who could go higher if he keeps playing so well.

*Leki Fotu SR DT Utah:
Very big kid and moves really well, had a great game and played with a fine motor.  Very interesting prospect to watch and could rise up big time.  Could be a super star at that size and athletic ability, good first showing and he could really break out this year will see.

*John Simpson SR OG Clemson:
Did not see a ton of that game but the little I did Simpson looked great in space, on those big runs he was the guy moving completely to the other side of the line and leading the way on the pull.  Nice looking athlete and is an interesting guard prospect who has a lot of big game experience.  Will see how he does the rest of the season.   

*Bradlee Anae SR DE Utah:
Very smooth looking pass rusher, did not have a great game but gave great effort and consistently gets after the QB.  Has been productive for awhile which is nice to see and is part of a elite defense at Utah.  Could have a fine season and with his size and pass rush skills could be a good 3/4 OLB with his ability to separate and beat the tackle with speed and pass rush moves.  

*Tommy Kraemer RS JR OG Notre Dame:
Adding another OG to the potential 2020 OG class, very promising looking talent no question and can really move guys out there.  Good wide body, aggressive run blocker and is part of a very underrated OL.  I feel no question they are one of the best, top 5 OLs in the country.  Kraemer looks solid and could be a decent mid round draft pick if he can stay healthy this year, is a RS JR though as far as I know so could return to school potentially after this year.

*Shane Lemieux RS SR OG Oregon:
I need to watch him more but looks like a nasty guard with good solid ability.  Handled a fine DL at times and was consistent in pass pro and aggressive in the run game.  Nice 2nd tear OG prospect and is a fine looking player no doubt, will be fun to watch him and that OL as the year goes on.

*Justin Herbert SR QB Oregon:
Played a good game I thought even in a loss, is very similar to Josh Allen in terms of a big athletic QB, tall with a strong arm and can throw on the move.  A lot of upside with his game and is poised to have a great season for Oregon, if he does not win the Pac-12 championship that will be a big disappointment I feel.

*Eric Stokes RS SOPH CB Georgia:
I need to see him more but looks positioned to be the lock down corner on that Georgia defense.  Good fundamental play in coverage and is consistent, would like to see him make more plays out there and improve as a tackler but he has upside as a pure cover man no doubt about it.

*Trey Sermon JR RB Oklahoma:
Great looking athlete and looks in very good shape, helps that OL seems to have not missed a beat also.  Was not going up against a great front but they ran all over them, Sermon showed great athletic ability for his size, even leaped over a defender.  Nice looking player and will be curious if he comes out for the draft or now with a potentially loaded RB core in 2020.  

*Kenneth Murray JR LB Oklahoma:
Liked him for awhile, is part of a poor defensive unit but hard to argue with his play, he is all over the field and is very active as a linebacker.  Can run very well in space, tackles well and makes an impact, great first showing for him I think and he was one of the few bright spots on that defense overall but that is typical.  One of the better LB prospects in the nation and could have a great season.

*Jevon Holland SOPH S Oregon:
I need to see him more but kid looks like a player, great ball skills in coverage and really knows how to get interceptions.  Could be a big time talent and is one of a few talented players in that Oregon secondary.  Again need to watch him more but looks like a baller with a lot of upside.

*Xavier McKinney JR S Alabama:
Great game by him in coverage, did a little work in the slot and close to the line, made some fine tackles in the open field with providing very tight coverage.  Versatile safety no doubt, came on last year and looks to be even better this season.  Could be a 2nd or 3rd rounder I feel with his tackling and coverage ability.  Promising safety with a lot of ability and really he can do it all.

*Sam Howell FR QB UNC:
Another great performance by a true freshman QB, starting for the first time and leading his team to a huge win.  Confident passer that made some very nice touch throws in very tight coverage.  Good looking player who could have a great career based on this early performance.  Looks to have the temperament of a leader and again has a very nice throwing arm.

*Kenny Willekes RS SR DE Michigan State:
Loved the kid last year and looks up to form again this season, gives such great effort and is such a ball of energy out there.  The arm brace is scary, the fact he needs that consistently on the field, and physically he is not as big or as long as one would like.  But cannot argue with his effort and willingness to compete and uses his hands to win and beat the OL.  Is not a great athlete but gives great effort and plays the game with passion.

*Thomas Graham Jr JR CB Oregon:
Liked him last year and looks very better this season.  Active in the pass game, he is quick and can run with good reaction time.  Tough enough tackling as well but how comfortable he is in coverage is impressive and despite being a smaller corner I think he has pro potential.  Nice looking athlete and did some very good things in that game. 

*J'Bore Gibbs FR QB South Dakota State:
Kid looked great out there for a true FR QB.  Nice strong arm and looked to be a big time leader on the sidelines as well.  Was confident and aggressive, has good size and can move around the pocket and make things happen.  If he keeps playing that well they could easily win the FCS championship with all the changes that happened at North Dakota State with the HC and QB.  Surprising he went to South Dakota State and not another program with how good he looked honestly as a true freshman.  

*La'Darius Jefferson SOPH RB Michigan State:
Not sure why he does not play more with the moves he put down on that catch and run.  Great feet and agility in the open field, surprising at his size.  Will see if he can get some more action this season and be put in spots to succeed more.

*Jaylon Johnson JR CB Utah:
I need to watch him play more but kid looks like he can ball out there.  Is part of a great defensive unit at Utah and he looks like he has good ball skills and confident as a corner.  Like his size and skill, could be one of the more top tear corners but will see how he plays the rest of the season.

*Christian Rozeboom SR ILB South Dakota State:
I need to watch him more but kid looks interesting as a potential 3/4 ILB prospect.  Good athlete and good nose for the football, gets after it and competes hard and is consistently productive over a long period of time.  Interesting talent and could get a shot at the league no question, will be one to watch on South Dakota State for sure.

*Zach Moss SR RB Utah:
Great looking back, has been around for awhile but hard to not like his toughness and ability to break tackles.  Good in space, not afraid of contact and runs with fine power despite not having a ton of weapons on offense to take attention away from him.  Could be a decent mid to late round pick, nice looking player and need to see him some more, if he can stay healthy he could be wanted come draft time especially the mid rounds.

*Khalid Kareem SR DE Notre Dame:
I like his teammate a lot on the opposite DE side but Kareem arguably had a better game against Louisville.  Gave a great push consistently and really could get around the edge and make things happen in the backfield.  Did not get any sacks but is a sound looking player and as a mid to late round pick could be an awesome pickup.  Good large frame and could play in a 4/3 DE, nice looking player and I have to watch him more for sure.

*Julian Blackmon SR S Utah:
Really increases his stock I feel moving to safety as a former CB.  Had a very good game with that pick 6.  Good range and is a good athlete, could be a 2nd or 3rd round pick if not higher with a good season.  Teams need safeties who have range and can cover and he looks to have both.  

*Quartney Davis JR WR Texas A&M:
Very good quickness and very good speed at the WR position, confident kid who is a big time playmaker for that offense.  Flashed a little at times especially late last year and looks to be even better this season.

*Michael Warren II JR RB Cincinnati:
Good do it all back it looks like, good size and strength, willing to pass block and can catch the ball a little bit out of the backfield.  Is a work horse out there, good power and feet.  Decent looking player who had a great season last year and could do the same this season, will be interesting to see how he does against Ohio State coming up.    

*Quintez Cephus RS JR WR Wisconsin:
Looked like he was in great shape and if the ball was on target he would have made a number of deep catches and plays in that game.  Has been gone for a little while but surprised how good he looked, liked him a lot before all the off the field stuff happened.  Not sure if he is a academic JR or SR right now but regardless he has the talent and upside to be drafted without question.  Nice looking player regardless if the QB can get him the ball or not.  I see Mertz playing there sooner rather than later, surprised he was not put in late in the game to get some action at QB.

*Jaylan Franklin RS FR OLB Wisconsin:
Looked like a big time rush end and has rare athletic ability at that spot, could be a terror and they have obviously reloaded off a some what disappointing pass rush from last season.  Long lean athlete who could be a very good player down the road for them no doubt.  

*Nakia Watson RS FR RB Wisconsin:
Looks like another super star in the making, another big back with big time speed and looked great out there as well.  Maybe it is just the competition but he looked like a legit prospect that could even over take Groshek as the 2nd RB on the team.

*Raheem Blackshear JR RB Rutgers:
Just on his pass catching alone out of the backfield he is a very interesting RB.  I need to watch him more but he does have good speed and toughness and got to love his WR ability from the backfield.  Paired with Isaih, Rutgers has two dang good backs that could do some damage this season.  

*Isaih Pacheco SOPH RB Rutgers:
Had a great game with some explosive plays on the ground, great quickness and speed in the open field but not against the best competition.  If he can be that productive against Big Ten competition he has a shot to be a prospect no doubt.  Could be a terror out there with he and Blackshear

*Jacub Panasiuk JR DE Michigan State:
Played well along with that entire front 7, looked the part and was able to beat the corner and get to the QB a few times.  Not at the same level as some of his teammates as a prospect but is an interesting talent and is the more talented of the Panasiuk brothers I feel.

*Aaron Banks RS SOPH OG Notre Dame:
Really liked how aggressive he was in that game, I need to watch him more but is a big dude who can move people around no doubt.  Good power and good drive blocking in the run game, if he can sure up his pass pro he will be yet another solid Notre Dame lineman in the NFL.  Good looking prospect and is one to watch in the future.

*Trevis Gipson RS SR DE Tulsa:
Was able to knife into the backfield more than once as a long lean edge rusher.  Decent quickness off the ball and pass rush ability, could potentially be a 3/4 OLB edge rusher but is a little bit of a long shot.  Needs to have a big time year and consistently be as productive game in and game out as he was in this game.  Did take notice though no question.

*Cooper Edmiston SR ILB Tulsa:
I need to watch him play more but hard to not like his type of consistent production.  Tough aggressive linebacker, very good size but might struggle against a pro passing game.  In a 3/4 though he could do some things and might be able to transition to more a edge type guy that can hold the point.  Decent ILB though and well worth watching again.  

*Sean Rhyan FR OT UCLA:
Will be one to watch in the future, good strong kid with a thick solid base and they moved him around a lot in that game, switching sides like a TE would.  Impressive for a true freshman to be put in that situation but looks like a mauler and a possible star down the road no doubt.  

*Matt Bushman JR TE BYU:
Good first time, is an elite level athlete that has been good and consistent for awhile.  Nice explosive ability from the TE spot and despite not having great weapons around him to take the attention off he still is successful on the field.  Not sure he is an early entry guy but could potentially if he really wanted to but still would be a mid to late round pick.

*Raequan Williams RS SR DT Michigan State:
Had a great game as did that entire DL for Michigan State.  Very good looking player and as a 2nd or 3rd round pick could be a fine pickup.  Continues to improve and get better year in and year out, well built and is a solid overall player no question.  

*Jalen Hurts SR QB Oklahoma:
Good to see him do well for sure but still I am not amazing by his arm by any means.  Love his toughness, athletic ability and leadership but his arm at the next level I do still question.  Looked great for his first game but was not going up against get talent either, still has a shot at the NFL based on the players who have had success at that level with similar abilities.

*Jerry Jeudy JR WR Alabama:
Dynamo prospect, liked him a lot and had a great game again, did have a injury scare though which could have been an issue.  Great route runner, great speed and has awesome feet.  Clear #1 WR prospect in the up coming draft and should be a lock top 5 pick, such a smooth and natural receiver.

*Jonah Jackson SR OG Ohio State:
I need to watch him more but looked pretty solid at guard for them.  Nice size for the position and athletic ability, could develop and make his way into being a fine 2nd tear OG prospect in the up coming draft.  Former Rutgers player made a good move, will get noticed a lot more on Ohio State that is for sure.

*Tamorrion Terry RS SOPH WR Florida State:
Did not see the entire game but what a run he had on a little pass, took it the distance and showed great open field ability.  Looks great and is stronger than last season.  Liked him last year a lot and should be even better this year despite arguably worse QB play.  Is a fine looking athlete and if he comes back for his RS JR year could easily be a 1st rounder in 2021 I feel.  

*Bryan Edwards SR WR South Carolina:
Did not have a great game catching the football but I was very impressed with the punt return he had and the type of agility he showed.  I did not know he wheels like that and could make people miss like that, hopefully he can get better QB play and showcase himself more this year but that return alone was impressive for a big strong WR like him.

*KJ Britt JR ILB Auburn:
I thought they would miss the LBs they lost off last seasons team, but Britt looks the part.  Is physically built and can run and had a fine game.  Positioned to take over that ILB spot and could be a very good player, sure helps having that dominating DL ahead of him keeping him clean that is for sure.

*Kyle Hamilton FR S Notre Dame:
I need to watch this kid play more, super long and lean safety at 6-4 and he made some things happen in that game.  Looks to be a good tackler and made some plays in the passing game getting his hands on the football.  Looks like a potential star and I love safeties with his type of size, is a must watch the rest of the year really curious how he plays out.

*Zamir White RS FR RB Georgia:
Has a very interesting story, apparently tore two ACLs already in his young career, had a heck of an upbringing as well.  Nice looking player and is just another fast athletic back for Georgia.  Quick kid and behind that OL could have a great season no doubt despite not getting a majority of the carries.

*Trey Hill SOPH C Georgia:
Nice looking center and love his size, can really push guys around and is a massive center.  Young prospect with a lot of upside, will see how he plays out the rest of the year.  

*Solomon Kindley RS JR OG Georgia:
I need to watch him more but he looked very good next to Thomas out there.  Did not notice him a ton last year but kid looks like he is talented and can move people in the run game.  Huge size which is great also, could have a fine season and be in the conversation come draft time if he wants to come out early as a RS JR.

*Rodrigo Blankenship RS SR K Georgia:
Not a ton of elite kickers around but he is very consistent and has a decent leg.  Not a super star but is a solid kicker and might get a shot at the next level I feel.  

Others who impressed:

Chase Young JR DE Ohio State
Drew White RS SOPH LB Notre Dame
Myles Wolfolk JR S UNC
Matt Landers RS SOPH Georgia
Tutu Atwell SOPH WR Louisville
Jake Hanson RS SR C Oregon  
Trevon Diggs SR CB Alabama
Jovan Swann SR DL Stanford
Seth Williams SOPH WR Auburn
Brandon Peters RS JR QB Illinois
Mika Tafua RS SOPH DE Utah  
Lamar Jackson SR CB Nebraska
Jack Stoll RS JR TE Nebraska  
Matt Henningsen SOPH DE Wisconsin
Brandon Johnson SR S Tulsa
Scott Nelson RS SOPH S Wisconsin
Connor Heyward JR RB Michigan State
Devin Loyd SOPH LB Utah  
Jason Harris SR DE UCLA
Rashod Bateman SOPH WR Minnesota
Demetric Felton RS JR RB UCLA
Perry Young SR LB Cincinnati
Mike Panasiuk SR DT Michigan State
Brian Herrien SR RB Georgia  

Disappointed:
Jake Bentley SR QB South Carolina - Awful game by him as a senior leader of that football team.  Did not make the plays when they were there and made key turnovers in the game that stopped drives.  Disappointing out of a senior leader to be rattled like that and lose a game they should have won.  They have a crazy hard schedule this year and things will not get any easier, as a younger player he looked great and was throwing the ball all over the yard making big plays, not the case in this game at all.

Daniel Faalele SOPH OT Minnesota - Did get beat a few times which was surprising, thought he would physically just push them around and did not do that all the time.  Did not play a ton next to Dunlap last year and that combo did not seem to work well, see if they can fix and improve that or not.  The team did not run the ball well in that game and the OL was a big part of that, did not look like they looked at the end of last season.  

Jedrick Willis JR OT Alabama - Did not impressed in this game, got beat a lot I felt by a DL that is not super talented.  Was always a little top heavy and looks to have a thin base and that is the same again this season.  Expected a higher level of play out of him and maybe a little more athletic of a build, not the case but will see how he does as the year goes on.  Leatherwood looked better than he did out there on that Bama OL no question.  Also the freshman Neal struggled on that Bama OL also.

Carter Coughlin SR DE/LB Minnesota - Did little to nothing in that game, did not get pressure and did not impact the game really at all.  Disappointing for such a hyped player off last years team and really the only proven player at all on that DL.  They need him to play big and he did not do that first time out.  The talk in the media about him being a 1st rounder needs to straight up stop, especially after how he looked in this game first game out.

Made some changes to the 7 round mock ranking, moved up Andrew Thomas, Jonathan Taylor, Terrell Lewis and included a few new players also.  Some soon will be on the list but need to see them a little more.
Edited by Ozzy
Added some Notre Dame players from Monday nights game.

1 hour ago, badgers0821 said:

Nice write-up. Cephus is a JR, they gave him a RS for last year.

Ok thanks for letting me know, I will make that change.  He might stick around then for next year but will see, he is getting older and older so if he has a great year he should get going.  Physically looked great for having not played a game since what November 4th 2017 or something.  Then again hard to gage the OL because honestly I think USF is a pretty bad football team, will be curious how Van Lanen looks against Chase Young, Epenesa, Willekes and Gaziano as the year goes on.  

Noticed some class errors

Jared Pinkney Vandy SR TE  (He's a 5th year senior)

Terrell Lewis Alabama SR OLB   (He's a 4th year junior)

Charles Snowden Virginia SR OLB    (He's a 3rd year junior)

K'Lavon Chaisson LSU JR OLB     (He's a 3rd year sophomore)

Paulson Abedo Stanford JR CB    (He's a 3rd year sophomore)

Liam Eichenberg Notre Dame SR OT     (He's a 4th year junior)

Brycen Hopkins Purdue SR TE    (He's a 5th year senior)

Steven Montez Colorado SR QB     (He's a 5th year senior)

Matt Bushman BYU JR TE       (He's a 4th year junior)

Elijah Sindelar Purdue RS SR QB       (He's a 5th year junior)

*Parker Braun Texas SR OG     (He's a 5th year senior)

Marcelino Ball Indiana SR S      (He's a 4th year junior)

Edited by CalhounLambeau

2 hours ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Noticed some class errors

Jared Pinkney Vandy SR TE  (He's a 5th year senior)

Terrell Lewis Alabama SR OLB   (He's a 4th year junior)

Charles Snowden Virginia SR OLB    (He's a 3rd year junior)

K'Lavon Chaisson LSU JR OLB     (He's a 3rd year sophomore)

Paulson Abedo Stanford JR CB    (He's a 3rd year sophomore)

Liam Eichenberg Notre Dame SR OT     (He's a 4th year junior)

Brycen Hopkins Purdue SR TE    (He's a 5th year senior)

Steven Montez Colorado SR QB     (He's a 5th year senior)

Matt Bushman BYU JR TE       (He's a 4th year junior)

Elijah Sindelar Purdue RS SR QB       (He's a 5th year junior)

*Parker Braun Texas SR OG     (He's a 5th year senior)

Marcelino Ball Indiana SR S      (He's a 4th year junior)

Thanks, some of those were typos, I have the correct one on my personal list by class.  I have that correct info for Snowden, Lewis, Chaisson and Sindelar but did not have it listed correctly on that 7 round ranking.  I will make those changes, thanks for letting me know.  Did not know Montez was as RS player, he is looked kind crap today kind of against Nebraska.

I do know Hank Bachmeier, super star true freshman QB on Boise State who has really impressed, they said during the game last night he is apparently 20 years old which I was surprised by.  Do not see any birthday info on his Boise State bio, not sure if he was held back in school or if he went to a prep school which I do not think is the case.

• Like 1

Week 2: Prospect Standouts

*Mustafa Johnson JR DT Colorado:
Amazing prospect as a 3/4 DE or 4/3 DT who can get to the passer.  Sheds blocks easily and quickly, is in the backfield constantly.  Is built well, strong and squatty with very power legs.  Super quick off the ball and has a great motor, consistent pressure and goes after the football.  There is no lazy play in his game, fine looking player and I will have to watch him some more.  Honestly though first impression I would say he has 1st round potential, 2nd round at worst, could be a riser come draft day and his stock could really soar after this season and possibly even come out as a JR this year in 2020.

*Hank Bachmeier FR QB Boise State:
Awesome play by this freshman, looks great in the pocket, has a good release, good pocket fundamentals and can really take a hit.  Hopefully they can protect him more because the kid is getting crushed back there but still keeps his eyes down field and makes correct throws that are on target.  Super impressive true freshman and is arguably one of the best in the nation in this class so far.  I did hear he is 20 years old though which is a surprise, not sure if it is a prep school situation or he was just held back in school early on.  Regardless fine looking QB, looks like a better version of Kellen Moore to be honest with a stronger arm.  Should have a great season and career and Boise State.

*Joe Burrow RS SR QB LSU:
Great game by him, super impressed with his accuracy and poise in that game.  Looked the part as a QB and was in control and got the ball to a variety of weapons offensively.  Looked good last year and looks great this year, if he keeps up this level of play could easily say he is a top 7 QB in the up coming draft.  Great game no question and the new offensive pass game coordinator looks to have really paid off, in that environment on the road, his play was big time.

*Sam Ehlinger JR QB Texas:
Looked great out there at QB, did it all for that Texas offense running the football and passing the football.  Is super tough and physical, but honestly has a better arm and better accuracy than Tim Tebow with physical similar strength and toughness.  So I think he does have a shot at the NFL, could maybe even come out early for the draft if he keeps playing at this level.  Made a solid LSU defense with prospects on paper look pretty bad at times.  Versatile QB with a lot of ability and talent, should have a huge season this year in the Big 12 if he made a solid SEC defense look that bad, think what he could do in conference.

*Anthony McFarland RS SOPH RB Maryland:
Kid is a blur out there, liked him last year and looks just as fast this year regardless if he does not get a ton of touches.  That backfield is stacked and they have three or four quality runners and they keep them all fresh.  McFarland is the best though no question, his speed is awesome and honestly I would not be shocked if he came out early for the draft.  Might not be a 1st rounder but could, and would be gone in the 2nd round possibly even as a RS SOPH.  Can make big plays running the ball and is super dangerous out of the backfield catching the football, could be a heck of a 3rd down back for sure at the next level.

*Ja'Marr Chase SOPH WR LSU:
Looked so smooth out there at WR, looked very confident and ran very good routes.  Natural pass catcher that was very comfortable even on the road, did not see that type of play from him last year.  Seems to love this offense and could become one heck of a player this season, a possible breakout star for sure.

*Myles Jones JR CB Texas A&M:
I need to watch him more but love his length at corner being 6-4, super long and played well against those great Clemson WRs.  Looked the part and if he can keep up that level of play he could be a very interesting prospect. Very good in jump ball situations but need to see if he can become a well rounded CB also.  So will see if he can continue to grow and improve as a corner.

*Trevor Lawrence SOPH QB Clemson:
Not a great game by him but was pretty solid against a good A&M team.  Able to put the ball in places other QBs cannot and able to allow the great WRs on that team to go up and get the football in the air.  Obviously a big time talent and will be fun to watch develop more over the next few years even if the expectations for him will be insane just like they were for Watson his JR season at Clemson, Lawrence will be getting that for the next two full years.  

*Darrion Daniels SR NT Nebraska:
At times really moved well out there for such a massive man, could be a nice mid to late round pick as a backup developmental NT in the league.  Really big wide body and got some good penetration in that game and can hold the middle down well.  See how he does the rest of the year in that Nebraska defense, looks like a good run stopper.

*Derek Stingley Jr FR CB LSU:
Looks to be another great CB for LSU, fine looking athlete, returns punts at times, has good ball skills and absolutely looks the part.  Could be a potential star down the road and I feel at the end of the year or even middle of the season he could be the best CB on the LSU roster.  Big time player and has looked very good early in his career.

*Justin Jefferson JR WR LSU:
Great game by him and that entire LSU offense in general.  Jefferson is great in the slot and can get open out wide as well.  Good hands, nothing really is amazing about his play but he is consistent, good build and good speed.  Decent WR prospect and is part of a very up start and much improved LSU passing game no question.

*Ronnie Bell SOPH WR Michigan: 
Was really the one bright spot on offense for Michigan, he was in the slot and got open and made big plays when they needed to be made.  Showed great hands and athletic ability as a receiver, will see if he can keep that up and have a great year for Michigan after not doing much as a freshman.  

*KD Nixon JR WR Colorado:
Amazing game by him, really stood out and showed off some blazing speed as a receiver.  Huge game and made everyone take notice, will see if he can keep that up.  Has legit speed and looks like a potential slot WR weapon for sure with great change of direction ability and open field speed.  Could end up being the best WR on that team by the end of the year, will see.

*Tavante Beckett RS JR ILB Marshall:
Is a very small linebacker but was very explosive in this game, attacking ball carries and was good tackling in space.  Showed nice speed, is a missile out there, compact frame and powerful despite not being a super heavy linebacker.  Interesting prospect, is a long shot for the league but possibly in the right 3/4 system he could do some things with his speed and tackling ability.  Tough player for sure and is part of a surprisingly solid Marshall defense overall.

*Devin Duvernay SR WR Texas:
Great game by him, does not really have a WR body, is more of a RB frame but he made some big time explosive plays in that game and just destroyed it from the slot position.  Hard to tackle because of his leg drive and thick build, good overall speed and if he keeps playing this well could be a late round draft pick no doubt.  Easily is the best I have seen him play before and at the right time now as a senior.

*Terrance Davis SR OG Maryland:
I need to watch him more but love his mobility on the offensive line, can really move and pull and is one of the keys to the dominating run game Maryland has.  In the right system in the NFL he could do some things and is a good developmental guard, not super big but is athletic enough to be a quality mid to late round pick I think potentially.  Need to watch him play more along with that explosive Maryland offense.

*Andre Cisco SOPH S Syracuse:
Liked him last year and he totally looks the part at safety, seems to have gotten a little bigger and did make one heck of an interception in that game.  The defense was over matched though and they got beat badly, but Cisco for sure looks like a potential star safety and possible 1st rounder if he can keeps up this high level of play.

*Brennan Eagles SOPH WR Texas:
Another very big tall body at WR with good deep field speed, they seem to just reload and find these guys and Eagles looks pretty good so far early in his career.  Long arms and decent speed for a big receiver as well, helps with the much improve QB play at Texas but Eagles will be one to watch for sure this year on that Texas WR core.

*John Bates JR TE Boise State:
Good looking TE prospect, can block well and does so effectively on the move also.  Good enough threat in the passing game, decent size.  Should get a shot in the league and has time to improve over the next few years.  Good looking player and looks the part.

*Baron Browning JR OLB Ohio State:
I need to watch him play a lot more but physically he looks the part, is very built and in great shape compared to last season.  Strong linebacker with good athletic ability, will see how he does the rest of this season.

*Zayne Anderson RS SR S/OLB BYU:
Like his athletic ability and being able to move from linebacker back to safety which is impressive.  At linebacker made plays as well the previous years, if he can show good coverage skills for his size he could be an interesting safety prospect.  Probably never will be quite the player that Daniel Sorensen was as a LB/S at BYU but physically he is pretty similar.  Still has to show consistent coverage skills deep though no question.

*Ty'Son Williams RS SR RB BYU:
Another tough running game by him and he was big late is sealing the victory.  Kid can play and I liked him on SC and is getting a chance to shine on BYU as well.  Tough running back that runs hard, he should fine a spot in the league if he keeps playing this well and can stay healthy for most of the season.

*Keandre Jones SR OLB Maryland:
I need to see him more but provided some good athletic rush on the edge.  Good bend off the corner and was able to get under the tackle and make big time plays int he backfield.  Not ideal size and not sure he is a 3/4 OLB at that size but will see how he does the rest of the year.  Looked like he could be a pass rushing force for at least this season.  

*Henry To'o To'o FR ILB Tennessee:
Will be one to watch as a young linebacker prospect, love his size and is a productive player despite being such a young age.  Good looking linebacker who if he can stay healthy could start for multiple years at Tennessee.  Will see what kind of foot speed he has and if he can improve on his athletic ability and conditioning in general.

*Eric Gray FR RB Tennessee:
Big time looking player on Tennessee, very quick RB who can make you miss in a small space and is a nice compact physical runner.  Looks to have good ball skills as well and versatility, so could have a great season for Tennessee even with the inexperienced OL play they have.  

*Steven Montez RS SR QB Colorado:
First half of this game he was really disappointing I thought for a SR QB leader.  But did turn it around, even though his #1 target was taken away and later injured, he found other guys and made them shine.  Still not a fan of his slow release or his mechanics in the pocket.  Has pretty poor body language also but as a project he could be a nice picking in the middle rounds.  Will see if he and that team can keep up there decent play, because last year after a good early start they played pretty bad later on and lost a good number of games.

*BJ Foster SOPH S Texas:
Last year I thought Sterns was the better of their freshman safety prospects but Foster looks great this year also. Good tackling around the line of scrimmage and attacking on the blitz.  Sterns is more the cover man potentially but Foster looks great out there athletically.  Good versatility as a player and will see how he does the rest of the year.

*Samuel Cosmi RS SOPH OT Texas:
Did get beat at times but at other times more than held his own, was able to stay on the defender and control them with his hands well in pass protection.  Plays a little high but I like the effort he gave and will be interesting to watch him play as the season goes on, he has potential as a pass protector that is for sure.

*Channing Hames RS SR DL Marshall:
I need to see him more but I liked how he moved out there at tackle and end.  Good pass rusher and has a variety of moves to free himself up to make plays on the QB.  Not ideal size for a DT but could be a decent 3/4 DE or more likely 4/3 DE potentially, is still a long shot for the league though but has a chance possibly.

Others who impressed:

Zach Wilson SOPH QB BYU 
Josh Jackson RS JR QB Maryland  
Jeffrey McCulloch SR OLB Texas 
Khalil Shakir SOPH WR Boise State  
Isaiah Kaufusi RS JR OLB BYU  
Darrell Taylor RS SR OLB/DE Tennessee  
Brenden Knox RS SOPH RB Marshall  
Brandon Drayton JR S Marshall  
Jaylon McClain-Sapp RS JR S Marshall  
Javon Leake JR RB Maryland  
Tayon Fleet-Davis JR RB Maryland
Derion Kendrick SOPH CB Clemson 
Brandon Jones SR S Texas  
JD Spielman JR WR Nebraska  

Disappointed:
Shea Patterson SR QB Michigan - Bad play by him as a SR QB leader I feel, expected much more out of him and he struggled in this game to make big plays down the field.  Sure Peoples-Jones is out but they still have some talent to throw the ball too, poor start for his senior year but at least they came out with a W in the end I guess.

Collin Johnson SR WR Texas - Poor game by him, was really out played by his teammate WRs.  Could not get off press coverage and struggle to get separation.   Looks like just a jump ball WR without route running ability.  Will see if he can play better as the season goes on but if not for sure his teammates will be just getting more action if they show to be more versatile route runners with better foot work.  

Laviska Shenault Jr  JR WR Colorado - Not a bad game by him but honestly was disappointed to see him get injured again.  Wants to be a big WR, play the wild cat and be physical but gets hurt pretty easy and looked rough in this game.  Again his teammates at WR greatly out played him, some have Shenault as a very high 1st round pick, I do not see it.  Talented kid but he needs to stay healthy and continue to work on his route running ability.  Love the versatility but one has to stay healthy and he has had trouble with that end of last year and now staring in this game also.

Kristian Fulton SR CB LSU -  Not an awful game by him but did get injured again which never helps.  Also that defense in general gave up a ton of yards, most of that had to do with the lack of a nickle corner and safety opposite Delpit but still.  Fulton is part of the group and to me did not have a great game, Stingley at times out played him.  Will see if he and that defense can get back to form.

Note Markus Bailey RS SR LB for Purdue is out for the season.  He is the heart and soul of that defense without question, tough physical linebacker who can rush off the edge and tackle in space.  Good prospect and I think is still a potential late 2nd or 3rd round pick if his can get back healthy off this injury.  That team will hurt big time defensively without him out there the rest of the season.
Edited by Ozzy

Week 3: Prospect Standouts

*Isaiah Simmons RS JR LB/S Clemson:
What a freak show, my goodness, can play safety and is currently, along with OLB.  Love that speed and athletic ability, such a great athlete and if he can legit play safety and roam around like he is on Clemson he could be a great player in the NFL.  Made some big time plays against Syracuse especially in the backfield and as a blitzing safety.  Is looking more and more like a 1st round pick lock, and is probably a top 10 pick with the upside he has shown and versatility.  

*Ahmad Wagner SR WR/TE Kentucky:
Big time sleeper prospect with this kid, former basketball player at Iowa now playing football and smart choice for him to make.  Apparently has been interfered with 8 out of 15 targets this year.  Is a big strong kid playing out wide and ideally he would become a stretch TE in the NFL at that frame but not sure he could make the transition as a great blocker.  Looks the part though and if he keeps playing this well no question will be a sleeper pick as a stretch athletic TE with potential in the up coming draft.

*Logan Stenberg RS SR OG Kentucky:
I need to watch him more but looks like a great guard who can really hold his own inside.  Strong and controls the defensive tackle easily and can move them backward at will.  Is a must watch later in the season, is part of a surprising solid Offensive line on Kentucky.  Big strong kid though and despite losing some leaders on offense least year looks like they just reloaded.  

*Dillon Gabriel FR QB UCF:
Looks like another star QB for years to come for them again, and from Hawaii.  More than looks the part, is quick, smart, gets rid of the football, has an accurate arm and good timing and sense of the game.  Competitive and athletic, looks just like Milton did early in his career, maybe not quite as athletic but has a better arm and seems to be a better pocket passer possibly.  Looks great and UCF in general is worth watching because of the talented OL play and defense, I thought they might take a step back this year but obviously not, they look great out there and could go undefeated the rest of the season possibly. 

*Carlos Basham Jr. RS JR DE Wake Forest:
Good looking rush end, has been around for awhile and has had production but this year he has taken it to another level I feel.  Good spin move on the edge and knows how to free himself and get after the QB.  Is a little doughy and could put on some more muscle but overall has good size and athletic ability for a end and is a nice rush prospect on the edge.  Has already equaled his sack total for last year and could easily get to 10 on this pace.

*Myles Dorn SR S UNC:
Liked him last year and looked smooth out there this season in coverage making that one big interception showing great hands.  Nice looking athlete, has some length to him, is willing to tackle and plays aggressively.  Could be a nice mid to late round pickup as a safety and is having a great start to his season.  One of the more consistent and proven senior safeties in the nation no question.

*Anthony Gordon RS SR QB Washington State:
I need to watch him more but based on seeing him for the first time he looks like he can play.  So they might have done it again, a RS SR type player comes in, and this guy basically is playing first time in legit action D1 and has looked great.  Really like how he throws the football, has a nice smooth release and gets great height on the football and arch, can drop it down into tight windows as well.  Nice looking player and if puts together a good conference season I could see him being a late round draft pick.  Is already leading the nation in passing yards this early into the season.  

*Tyler Johnson SR WR Minnesota:
Despite pretty poor QB play and OL play Johnson just made the play when it counted and was huge in that game especially late.  Runs good routes and hung onto the football in key situations.  Has been consistent for awhile and was massive come from behind this win for the team.  Great to see his play on the field despite pretty poorly throw balls half the time.  

*Joseph Ngata FR WR Clemson:
They got another one, is apparently a great kid that works hard and physically is built like a house already.  Very strong and long, good athletic ability and should just be another super star in that offense and Lawrence will be able to get him the ball where he can go up and get it.  Awesome looking player and physically already looks the part.

*Sage Surratt RS SOPH WR Wake Forest:
Great game by him, big physical WR with some speed and made huge plays in that football game.  Will be one to watch in a much improved Wake offense this season.  I do not think he will be a early entry guy but in 2020 he could be a factor especially if Newman comes back as the QB next year.

*Scotty Washington RS SR WR Wake Forest:
I like how he has played this year, so far even being early in the season it is easily his best season of his career.  Always loved his physical size and look as a receiver, very tall and big with good fundamental play.  Good hands and runs decent routes, could be a late round flyer I feel as a receiver and has some  toughness to his game as well and plays with some passion.

*Justin Strnad RS SR LB Wake Forest:
I need to watch him more but looks like a very interesting linebacker prospect who can stop the run and cover in space.  Nice looking athlete with good size and speed, had a great game and was all over the field for a much improved Wake defense.  Will be one to watch the rest of the year, looks like a player who could play ILB or OLB and be pretty effective with how good he is in space.  

*Justin Fields SOPH QB Ohio State:
He has looked like a different player this year passing the football.  A little bit erratic in this game in terms of his control but overall he is so much improved and still has this year and next year to keep working on his passing skills.  Really has been great in that offense and I would be surprised if Day is not off to the NFL with how effective they have been and how good Fields has looked at times.  Great duel threat QB and his progression this season from last year is impressive, will see if he can keep it up.

*D'Eriq King SR QB/RB/WR Houston:
Not an amazing game by him as a QB but athletically there is a ton there with him, so quick and agile as a runner.  I think he could be a possible position change guy potentially to RB or WR in the NFL.  May be able to make it at QB, is similar to Murray in size but does not have his big time arm talent however.  Is a great looking athlete though and for sure if QB does not work out something else might, is worth a mid to late round pick possibly.  

*Shawn Davis JR S Florida:
Great game by him covering deep down field and making big time interceptions and getting ahead of the pass and taking it.  Liked him against Miami and looked even better against UK.  Still need to see more from him as a tackler and striker but in coverage he looks ready and able to cover deep middle and those guys are wanted in the NFL.  

*Caleb Jones RS SOPH OT Indiana:
Mountain of a man and looks good out there at times for Indiana.  Clearly Young beat him a few times but he is dominating out there on about everyone he goes up against.  Jones looks to have potential though, love his big wide body and length, is going to have to improve in the run game and use that size  a little more but he has time to develop which is nice.  

*JK Dobbins JR RB Ohio State:
Great game by him no question about it, physically there is a ton to like about him but the kid is a big strong versatile back and any team in need of a RB will be interested in him next year.  Love his size and speed combo and he is having a great year behind that solid OL.  Will be interesting to see how he does against some better defenses down the road.  Could sneak into the 1st round I feel if he keeps playing this well, might over take Harris from Alabama but will see.  

*Jonah Jackson SR OG Ohio State:
Another great game by him I think, impressive play no doubt and looks to be potentially one of the better second tear mid round guards in the up coming draft.  Part of a surprisingly solid Ohio State offensive line, Jackson has good size, good length and can pass protect and run block pretty well.  Great move to transfer over from Rutgers and that should help his draft stock quite a bit.

*Josh Myers RS SOPH C Ohio State:
Looks like another potential star center for Ohio State, really blocks well and can block on the move and create holes and angles for the running backs.  Super solid center prospect and could even come out early as a RS SOPH but if he comes back as a RS JR next year could really become something special.  Love his size as well, is a very big center and with his athletic ability watch out, kid can play.  

*Chris Olave SOPH WR Ohio State:
Super smooth natural receiver and is so quick and agile.  Liked what he showed last year and with his speed and good footwork he is a very legit receiver prospect who is hard to handle especially in the slot.  Surprisingly tough also and willing to play special teams as well.  Having a great season and should only get better over time.

*Rashod Bateman SOPH WR Minnesota:
Amazing game by him again, very key to the success of that offense with his big play ability.  Catches the football with his hands so well, has good speed and despite bad QB play still makes big time catches and big time plays.  Should be a fine prospect as a JR and potential early entry guy even if he keeps up this level of progression.

*Micah Parsons SOPH OLB Penn State:
Love him in coverage as a linebacker, has good feet and is good in space which makes him pretty interesting as a player.  Still wish he was stronger at the point of attack and a little more physical but is a promising prospect and could be a high pick as a JR no question.  Good speed and fine athletic ability, is a great student as well and there is a ton to like about him as overall prospect.

*Jesse Luketa SOPH ILB Penn State:
Was nice to see him out there and being active, did not do a ton but at least he got some play.  Love him physically, is strong and tough, will see if he can keep carving out some time on the field and makes some plays.  

*DJ Dale FR DT Alabama:
Has out played a ton of more highly rated recruits on the DL for Bama.  Dale is tough, quick off the ball and could really be something next year and beyond.  Is so good already and a productive player they need inside, great start to his career.  

*Mike Rose SOPH ILB Iowa State:
Love his athletic ability and quickness, agile linebacker who is fast and can hit.  Plays a key part of that defense and is a fine looking player and with his athletic ability and toughness tackling teams will want him.  Nice ILB prospect who could also play SLB I think as well.  

*Ryan Hilinski FR QB South Carolina:
Amazing story and great to hear he is doing well, is the brother of the QB that committed suicide on Washington State a little while back.  Tragic story but this kid looks like an inspirational leader and knows how to throw the football.  The offense is using the fine WR weapons they have now and they are making plays, looks like Carolina has their QB for the future.  Great to see and he has ability and plays with passion and desire, is a committed player and did some good things against Bama in that game no question about it.

*Gabriel Davis JR WR UCF:
I need to watch him more but looks like a big time receiver threat.  Has the size, good thick build, nice height and has speed to burn.  Beat a talented Stanford CB Adebo multiple times and had a great game overall.  Need to watch him and that UCF team more because they look to have some players especially on the offensive side of the football.

*Tyler Bass RS SR K Georgia Southern:
I liked him last year as a kicker, is accurate and clutch and did well in this game also.  Might be worth a late round pick potentially next year in a draft not full of a ton of quality kickers.  He will get a shot in the league most likely I think as a place kicker.

*Reynard Ellis SOPH ILB Georgia Southern:
Like him at linebacker, blocked a field goal in that game, got some pressure on the QB.  Is athletic and compact, can run and would be a solid 3/4 ILB I feel.  One to watch in the future, still has time to develop and grow on a solid program at Georgia Southern that could be on the rise.

* Nasir Greer SOPH S Wake Forest:
I need to watch him more but physically he is awesome at tackling, very firm solid tackling fundamentals he showed in that game I think.  Tough and quick to the football, great game by him and one to watch, is a surprisingly decent Wake defense after struggling a little bit last season they look to have a few players who could make it in the NFL possibly.

Others who impressed:
Jamie Newman RS JR QB Wake Forest    
Shaun Wade RS SOPH CB Ohio State    
Raymond Johnson III JR DE Georgia Southern
Kavosiey Smoke FR RB Kentucky
CJ Wright SOPH NT Georgia Southern
Gleson Sprewell JR S Houston
Journey Brown RS SOPH RB Penn State
Kash Daniel SR ILB Kentucky
Thayer Munford JR OT Ohio State
Tre Nixon RS JR WR UCF
Chase Young JR DE Ohio State
Master Teague III RS FR RB Ohio State
Michael Carter JR RB UNC
Asim Rose JR RB Kentucky
Josh Jones RS SR OT Houston
Evan Neal FR OG Alabama

Disappointed:

Paulson Abedo RS SOPH CB Stanford - Got beat bad a few times and really disappointed.  Was not totally sold on him as being this big time prospect just yet and he showed that lack of potentially elite ability in this game.  Still is one to watch as a RS SOPH but still has some work to do no question.

KJ Costello RS JR QB Stanford - Very disappointing game by him no question.  Might be still a hang over from the head injury against Northwestern but he did not look good out there that is for sure.  Missed a lot of throws but mind you he does not have much in terms of weapons to throw to or great RBs either.  Is a disappointing offense in general for them and defense and Little will be out for awhile also at OT.

Daniel Faalele SOPH OT Minnesota - Gave up a sack and a few pressures in that game, disappointing by him I feel but that Minnesota OL on the opposite side of Faalele is even worse.  Disappointing they cannot just run behind him but in this game they did have a few backs who were injured, three if I remember, two during the game and one before the game.  Still I expected a lot more out of this true sophomore after such a fine season his first year and really improving that run game because of his play.  He is a big dude so do something out there as one, and at least hit or push someone.  If he can get a little more nasty and aggressive he could be a monster to deal with.  

AJ Epenesa JR DE Iowa - Did have a decent game but honestly I expected a lot more out of him as a player.  Pretty limited in his pass rush moves, just goes straight up field and gets stuck on the tackle more than once and cannot get off, does not have a counter move either it seems.  Cannot get inside the tackle and always goes out wide which is a problem.  Great athlete, great upside and showed some ability to drop in coverage but seems the lack of top line talent on the DL for Iowa like last year has hurt his production at least early in the season.  

Najee Harris JR RB Alabama - Made some great catches and that one huge run after catch which did impress a lot.  But with the poor OL play in the run game on Bama, Harris has struggled and has not ran well or looked comfortable running the football.  His teammate Robinson looks more decisive and quick to the hole.  Harris is super talented but yeah expected more out of him considering how talented he is.  Still has time to turn it around and it is Bama with Tua, so they will be passing a ton which limits his chances.  Will see if he can do some more in the pass game and I am sure they will use that more and more this season.

Stevie Scott III SOPH RB Indiana - Did not get a ton of chances but for a guy that rushed for over 1000 yards as a true FR he has disappointed early this season and in this game.  Not given many chances but did little with those chances.  Could be just poor OL play sure but I expected more out of what was arguably the best true FR RB in the nation last year.  Will see if he can turn it around and that line can block a little better for him in the future.
Edited by Ozzy

Love the insight Ozzy.

I was kind of surprised that Tee Higgins(WR) and Braden Mann(P) did not make the list anywhere.   Watching the Clemson v Texas A&M game those two stood out.  Higgins, Clemson, was showing off an amazing catch radius.  I thought he looked like Nuk Hopkins.  Mann is the A&M punter and he is a weapon.  I realize that punters never make your list but he is very impressive and will get the call on draft day.

On 9/19/2019 at 9:40 AM, jebrick said:

Love the insight Ozzy.

I was kind of surprised that Tee Higgins(WR) and Braden Mann(P) did not make the list anywhere.   Watching the Clemson v Texas A&M game those two stood out.  Higgins, Clemson, was showing off an amazing catch radius.  I thought he looked like Nuk Hopkins.  Mann is the A&M punter and he is a weapon.  I realize that punters never make your list but he is very impressive and will get the call on draft day.

Punters make the list from time to time but do not always notice them when I am watching a variety of games.  And Higgins was impressive no doubt but I already had him as a mid to late 1st round pick so that has not changed much.  And honestly A&M is not that great of defense anyway, they lost a ton of talent at LB and DL and DB, have some good corners but Wilson was arguably the best DB on the team last year.  

To me guys like Simmons on Clemson have been more impressive than Higgins has been and Ross I still feel long term might be better than Higgins but will see.  

Week 4: Prospect standouts

*Talanoa Hufanga SOPH S USC:
One heck of a safety prospect, made some perfect form tackles driving his legs and wrapping up the ball carrier.  Looked the part, great fundamental play by him and looks like a potential super star especially around the line of scrimmage.  If he can hang in coverage he could be a really high pick in the draft in 2021 potentially.  Looks the part for sure and is one to watch play in a surprisingly talented USC defensive unit that has a lot of good young prospects to watch.

*Cole Kmet JR TE Notre Dame:
Amazing game by him, was more productive in this game than he has been his entire career at Notre Dame.  Looks the part, is super tall and long, runs good routes and is athletic enough to even play some slot WR and he was extremely hard to handle at that position as well.  Big hands, good overall build, looks like an awesome prospect who could really break out as a TE.  If he keeps up this level of production look out, he could be shooting up the draft boards in no time.  Awesome play in a big time game on the road, was arguably the best offensive player for Notre Dame in that game.  

*Drake Jackson FR DE USC:
Awesome game by him, big physical defensive and that has a high motor and plays with great energy and passion.  Consistently got pressure on the QB, is built well, not super long but is thick and strong and looks great as a true freshman.  Is the best pass rusher on the team potentially and could be a big time player in the years to come.  Great performance and I expect even more out of him as the season goes on.

*Charles Snowden JR OLB Virginia:
Amazing game by him, sure it was only Old Dominion but still the kid put on a show and was wildly productive.  Got after the passer getting sacks, had tackles for loss and had a number of tackles overall.  Is such a long lean athlete, looks to be a little bigger as well and if he can put on 10 pounds or so and keep that athletic ability he could be one heck of a 3/4 OLB.  Huge upside with him and if he keeps up this level of production no question he will be a 1st round pick, might have to move him up to that level soon.

*Jevon Holland SOPH S Oregon:
Looks great out there, got that one big interception and is just some comfortable in coverage.  Very impressive his punt return ability as well as a safety.  Should be a big time player and potential 1st rounder in 2021, has the coverage skills and ball skills to be quite a talent potentially down the road.  

*Leki Fotu SR DT Utah:
Made some really key plays in this football game and really was able to get after the QB.   The guy is just huge and in a 3/4 defense could play DE or NT, love his size and athletic ability and if he keeps this play level up and works out well I would not be surprised to see him in the 1st round potentially.  Promising defensive tackle no doubt about it and having a real breakout season I feel.

*Matt Fink RS JR QB USC:
Very impressed with his competitive play in that game, has not seen much action at all but basically had as much production in that one game he has over his entire career at USC.  Passionate player and did great for the 3rd string backup QB, is a long shot for the NFL but if he can be an inspirational leader and motivate his teammates he might get more time on the field.  Used his weapons well and a few of the USC receivers had massive games in terms of production.  

*Isaiah Pola-Mao RS SOPH S USC:
Another super promising young USC defensive back, love his length and size as a 6-4 safety.  Made a few plays especially on the blitz attacking the QB.  Still need to watch him more to see what he can do in coverage but combined with Hufanga they make a heck of a safety tandem, Pola-Mao is one to watch in the future no doubt.  

*Chase Claypool SR WR Notre Dame:
Love the effort he plays with, even stared on special teams at times getting down field and making plays recovering a fumble.  Is a great WR prospect and at his size with is ability after the catch he should be a very promising pro player potentially.  Got to love the toughness and ability to play well on special teams even as a starter on Notre Dame.  

*Justin Herbert SR QB Oregon:
Great game by him, he is having a fine season and in the right system in the NFL he could do great things.  For example a zone running scheme he could do very well on a stretch play or boot leg play action passes with his athletic ability, size and accuracy passing.  Nice win on the road and should continue to do well the more he gets into the Pac-12 regular season.  Easy top 5 pick I feel, if a QB is needed he will be considered along with Tua no doubt.  

*Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah JR LB Notre Dame:
Really showed up in this game, I have not noticed him much before but he was standout in this game.  Very quick and agile in the open field, tackled well in space and consistently got off blocks and made plays.  Is very undersized as a linebacker but has great speed and instincts.  If he can get a little bigger he could become a decent player I think down the road with some more playing time under his belt.  

*Tre Nixon RS JR WR UCF:
Made some insanely good catches in that game, showed he can track the football really well, very smooth and natural.  Brought him up last week and continues to impress, as a mid round pick he could be a heck of a steal.  As a route runner and natural pass catcher there is very little to not like about him, kid can play along with a few of those other UCF receivers.

*Michael Pittman Jr SR WR USC:
Great game by him, made some very nice smooth catches using his hands, was absolutely dominating and played arguably one of the best games of his career.  Able to beat the 2nd corner on Utah consistently, showed good open field speed and catch radius as well.  Should be a nice mid to late round pick I feel, is having a strong and solid senior season.  

*Jacob Breeland RS SR TE Oregon:
I need to watch him more but he did stand out in this game, good athletic ability going up to get the football.  Has made plays but never as consistently as he has this season.  Surprisingly large as a TE also, does not look like he is 6-5+ but is listed at that, has good athletic ability and strength.  Can stretch the middle of the field and could be a mid to late round pick in the up coming draft, interesting prospect one should watch out for.

*Brendon Hayes RS SR DE UCF:
I need to watch him more but physically is listed at 290+ DE which is interesting, especially as a 3/4 DE.  Seems to be a good pass rusher who can get after the QB, nice strong player and I will have to watch him more.  Could be a nice mid to late round prospect but will see how he does the rest of the season.

*Bryan Addison RS FR WR Oregon:
Was kind of shocked at his listed height of 6-5, does not look that tall on the field but is very athletic and quick especially for that size.  Good smooth athlete and should have a solid season this year and could become a breakout star for that offense.  Athletically there is a lot to like about him but helps having the solid QB play as well no doubt.  

*Jay Tufele SOPH DT USC:
I need to watch him more but the kid was consistently in on the action all game long, got after it, showed good motor and hustle on the field.  Nice looking player and will be one to watch more on that surprisingly young and talented USC defense.  

*Jamie Newman RS JR QB Wake Forest:
Great game by him, liked him last year and he is even better this season.  Is a big strong QB, live arm and is an interesting player.  Is a RS JR and if he comes out for the draft I could see him being a mid to late round pick possibly, has a lot of upside and is having a great year with that much improved Wake Forest offense especially the dominating passing game.  

*Jalen McCleskey RS SR WR Tulane:
Former Ok State WR, good to see him doing well at Tulane after the transfer.  Made those huge catches to win the game late that were big time.  Is a nice slot WR prospect with good athletic ability and open field speed.  

*Justin McMillan SR QB Tulane:
I liked him on LSU with what he showed in the spring games, glad to see him getting a chance at Tulane.  Is very athletic and has a strong arm and can throw very well on the move.  Made some huge throws in that game to win the game in the end, still a big time long shot for the NFL but with his athletic ability and arm talent I could see him being a UDFA.  Huge win for him and that program though, will see if he can keep that success going as the season moves on.

Others who impressed:

Austin Jackson JR OT USC
Otis Anderson JR RB UCF  
Dillon Gabriel FR QB UCF  
Dallas Warmack RS SR OG Oregon   
Olaiijah Griffin SOPH CB USC
Brandon Pili JR DT USC

Disappointed:

Julian Blackmon SR S Utah - Got beat a lot I felt for a coverage safety.  Was slow to react and was in position to make plays but did not react well to the football in the air.  Disappointing game by him no question along with some other defensive backs on Utah, even with a 3rd string QB USC took them apart passing the football.  For who should be a coverage safety he did not look the part in this game that is for sure.

Shea Patterson SR QB Michigan - Was disappointing earlier in the year and was really disappointing in this game.  Did not lead his team to success, sure no run game and a surprisingly poor OL play but he has weapons and as a senior leader he did little to inspire the team.  Missed a lot of throws and did not take advantage of early opportunities.  Seemed like a decent mid round prospect off some good play at times last year, now he seems much more like a late round prospect if he will be drafted at all.  Needs to improve the accuracy and overall leadership from the QB position.  

Well done. This is my favorite thread.

As a Canes fan and season ticket holder I'll mention that Lawrence Cager looked really good for Georgia at wide receiver. Fromm trusted Cager repeatedly on the late drive that pushed the lead to 10. Cager was always a disappointment at Miami. He played tall and monotone, plus had the drops. I was amazed at how different he looks under Georgia coaching. Now he is considerably more condensed and active at the line of scrimmage, really churning his feet. That style enables much sharper breaks. But he can still play high to his height once the ball arrives. 

Regarding Paulson Adebo, I should mention that Northwestern is last in the nation at 4.6 YPA. Adebo earned raves for that game early in the season but I'm not sure Northwestern's stationary offense is a valid measure of a cornerback. However, it could also be the reason that Adebo was shell shocked and ineffective, when suddenly he is forced to deal with pass offenses from USC and UCF immediately after facing a joke passing game like Northwestern.

I always try to consider situational influence