Leisher's 2019 Mock Draft 2-7-19. Fixing the OL and running game.

jleisher

On 2/7/2019 at 8:02 PM, Leader said:

Thought......
I'm pretty sure Hockenson at 8 would be considered a reach and DET got burned using a #10 pick for Ebron.
Rumor has it this is a fairly deep TE class. I doubt they'd pick Hockensen that high. Maybe. Doubt it though.

Patricia came from the Lions and he didn't get burned on Ebron. I could see this happening. 

I wouldn't take that TE at #12 either even tho I like him a lot.  I'd take Polite at #12 instead and hope Hockenson is there at 30.  If he isn't we could consider his fellow TE from Iowa Fant.  I don't know if Adderley will last until #44.  I'd take one of those Badger linemen but not both.  I hope we can find a WR before the #151.  We need quality there more than quantity.

18 hours ago, jleisher said:

They want him, then they need to take him if he's there at #12.

Yeah...I echoed this in the Fattlipp mock. I do not want him at 12, but he will be gone, most likely, before we pick again. It is easy to believe that this statement means that one is advocating for picking him at 1.12. Nope. It just means that we don’t have much of a shot at having player, board and pick all matching up. 

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

There are other good tight end in the draft.  No need to overdraft a tight end.

Is there that much of a drop off from Hock to Irv Smith?  Guessing Irv will be there with our second round pick.

I'm going to step in front of the Hock Express and suggest that Irv Jr. is a better athlete who just might fit LaFluer's system even better than Hock.  Just a feeling and not knocking Hock, but when I watch Irv Jr I get a feeling he's going to contribute sooner than later and hope he's there at 30, if not 44.

Archived