Marlins trade JT Realmuto to the Phillies

flyguy1609

J.T. Realmuto trade possibility to #Phillies is gaining momentum, source says. Here is our latest story: https://www.mlb.com/news/marlins-want-sixto-sanchez-for-jt-realmuto/c-303603116?tid=282421090  @MLB @MLBNetwork

Hearing #Phillies are making strong inroads toward Realmuto. If it gets done Sixto Sanchez and Jorge Alfaro are said to be key pieces. Third pieces discussed include Mickey Moniak, Adam Haseley, Adonis Medina. Heard it is NOT at the finish line yet. Still working #Marlins

1 minute ago, Dingo18287 said:

Seems like the Marlins didn't take full advantage of their best players being traded. Sixto is interesting, but the Phillies apparently had concerns about him, so they seem fine sending package with him as the main guy.

Trading a guy doesn’t always mean that you’re low on him. You have to give to get, and Gary Denbo is a great evaluator of talent.

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Trading a guy doesn’t always mean that you’re low on him. You have to give to get, and Gary Denbo is a great evaluator of talent.

Who is Denbo? Sixto is a very good prospect, but some Twitter MLB guy said that the P's were worried about his conditioning, and maybe something else. The Marlins did good knowing that they had to deal Realmuto, but I guess after reading reports of them going after top Red's guys like Greene or India, I was expecting something a little more.

42 minutes ago, Dingo18287 said:

Who is Denbo? Sixto is a very good prospect, but some Twitter MLB guy said that the P's were worried about his conditioning, and maybe something else. The Marlins did good knowing that they had to deal Realmuto, but I guess after reading reports of them going after top Red's guys like Greene or India, I was expecting something a little more.

Denbo runs their farm system. He was poached from the Yanks by Jeetz after he totally overhauled their farm into a powerhouse.

Surprised the Marlins went with this much risk after the early returns on the Yelich trade are blowing up in their faces and the Stanton trade was a laugher right from the start.  Alfaro K's a ton, and Sixto is a small pitcher with an injury history.  If Sixto is healthy, he's a monster, but can he stay healthy?

Archived