What well by post Brady/Belichick era look like?

VigilantZombie

To be honest this thread was kind of inspired by the one it was about to Steelers and how they might do moving forward with Ben and Tomlin, etc.

I'm not intending for this ride to be about their past accomplishments including the Super Bowl this year I mean if you want to talk about that have at it but I'm genuinely asking for anyone who wants to share their opinion. As far as I can tell currently they do not have a quarterback of the future. What do you believe their future will look like, how successful do you think this team will or could be after Tom Brady and Bill Belichick retire?

For me, I wanted to answer this in a separate post, I I look at the fact that right now and obviously in the upcoming draft it could change but right now they don't have a legitimate quarterback behind Tom Brady. I believe that Josh McDaniels is likely to take over the head coaching position when Bill Belichick retires. When both Belichick and Brady are gone I believe that guys like Julian Edelman and Rob Gronkowski if they are still on the team and I believe they would be well also either retire or move to New teams but I think it's more likely they both retire.

I feel strongly that this team could enter a rebuilding. That is solely based on what they don't currently have on this roster. If we're being completely honest they don't have a Young quarterback that is behind Brady working toward taking over. They don't really have that young wide receiver star that is grooming to be their new number one. And frankly I don't see that young game-changing star on defense. I mean they typically draft pretty well so a lot of that can change they do have a young running back and some young offensive lineman. If they begin to reload I do believe that they will continue to be a successful team bye for me the next two seasons I really going to be the determining Factor one way or another

Once brady retires even if Belichick doesn't they will have to rebuild.    They really dont have any pieces to build around unless you consider Sony Michel a game changer (he could be).  

Anyway you look at it they dont have any young guys to build around most of the guys on their team that are key contributors are older.  But they do have a bunch of draft picks this coming up draft so they could change that I suppose.   It will be interesting to see what happens and how they produce.

Yes, once Brady/Belichick both retire the Patriots will fall. No question about it. But we're talking about years from now from the looks of things. 

That said, this is the NFL where things change on a dime and it's nearly impossible to predict anything beyond maybe 2 years.

I think we can all agree did Josh McDaniels has been a terrible head coach when he's gotten an opportunity to be one but at least part of me wonders if he is the most well-equipped person to take over the New England Patriots. To expand upon my opinions above I think that most of us can agree that when you transition from one era to the next in terms of your prolific players especially at quarterback there's always at least a minimal initial fall off typically but not always. In the case of the New England Patriots the Pittsburgh Steelers and most recently the Kansas City Chiefs the transition to the new quarterback was actually a large success. But here is the point I'm getting to I do believe that it's going to be an inevitable foregone conclusion that the Patriots drop off at least a little. I am not however convinced that there is going to be a significant drop off because this is a team that has been poor in the past and with improved ownership and talent they completely changed the culture of their team. I feel like the dominant teams the teams that have made this positive changes they find a way to sustain that success continuously as each season passes. Even the Steelers yeah we are dropping off a bit that's undeniable but we have sustained success over a very long. Of time in large part because of the type of organization we have prided ourselves in being the ownership good hires at coach. So while I do think that there may be a drop off at the Patriot I don't think it will be a significant one I think that everyone expects the Patriots to completely be obliterated so to speak I just don't believe that's going to happen.

I'm guessing that you're typing on a phone or tablet and this is making it a little difficult to read and understand, so please correct me if I'm wrong. Or maybe I'm just dumb, I don't know.

Again, I apologize if I'm not getting your point here, but you seem to be all over the place man.

First it seems that are you suggesting that part of the Patriots success have been based on the culture that Belichick and CO have provided followed by their long term success. Which I agree with, it helps in the locker room, drawing in free agency players, more playoff money, etc. 

But then it seems like you're suggesting that when the Patriots do fall off, other teams (such as the STeelers) who have also shown to have long-term with success, could possibly their place? 

And then this confuses me even more.....

18 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

So while I do think that there may be a drop off at the Patriot I don't think it will be a significant one I think that everyone expects the Patriots to completely be obliterated so to speak I just don't believe that's going to happen.

But if take Belichick and Brady away from the Patriots, don't you think this changes the teams culture entirely?

If Brady retires and Belichick is still the coach, I think they will be fine. I don't think they will be a lock to be in the AFC Championship anymore, but It's not like any of the other AFC East organizations are competent enough to consistently challenge them as they are just so much better ran.

45 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I'm guessing that you're typing on a phone or tablet and this is making it a little difficult to read and understand, so please correct me if I'm wrong. Or maybe I'm just dumb, I don't know.

Again, I apologize if I'm not getting your point here, but you seem to be all over the place man.

First it seems that are you suggesting that part of the Patriots success have been based on the culture that Belichick and CO have provided followed by their long term success. Which I agree with, it helps in the locker room, drawing in free agency players, more playoff money, etc. 

But then it seems like you're suggesting that when the Patriots do fall off, other teams (such as the STeelers) who have also shown to have long-term with success, could possibly their place? 

And then this confuses me even more.....

But if take Belichick and Brady away from the Patriots, don't you think this changes the teams culture entirely?

It definitely could I think that is reasonable

Archived