What well by post Brady/Belichick era look like?

VigilantZombie

8 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

If Brady retires just in time for the Patriots to draft Lawrence there might actually be mass suicides around the other AFCE fanbases.

Being a Belicheck/Brady team would have to have sucked so bad they somehow got the #1 pick, pretty sure there won't be a mass suicide watch in effect.

But yes I get your point.😎

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Being a Belicheck/Brady team would have to have sucked so bad they somehow got the #1 pick, pretty sure there won't be a mass suicide watch in effect.

would be NE luck if a contender trade its 2021 1st round pick to NE and that team falls apart out of nowhere and goes 2-14 in 2020

2 minutes ago, August4th said:
7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

would be NE luck if a contender trade its 2021 1st round pick to NE and that team falls apart out of nowhere and goes 2-14 in 2020

Now that is actually plausible. 

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I get what you are saying and your point about Bill Belichick is not irrelevant but I'm not really a strong believer in recycled head coaches. It is the experience that Bill Belichick has that leads me to believe Josh McDaniels could succeed in New England. What has me doubting his ability else where is that he has had opportunities to take jobs elsewhere and for one reason or another has chosen not to. Conventional logic might say well because he wanted to win championships with New England more evolved logic might suggest it's because he wasn't confident in his own ability to the head coach. We will really never know the answer to that question.

I did however say that I believed that Josh McDaniels was the best equipped person to take over the job and taking over this job would be was in his best interest.

I am curious if they would offer Bill Belichick a general manager role if he retired as the head coach and did Josh McDaniels took that spot

Here's my issue with this:

Bill Belichick was 1-6 in winning seasons before he went on a run of 18 consecutive winning seasons. 

Tom Landry was 0-6 before in winning seasons before he went on a run of 20 conecutive winning seasons. 

Those are currently the two longest streakes in NFL history of a HC having winning seasons. 

Chuck Noll started out 0-3 in winning seasons

McDaniels coached a season and a half in Denver. 

So I'm not really a fan of judging coaches off that small of a sample size. 

Point taken that he had opportunities to go elsewhere. But I think he's still a young guy and he's probably going to get more opportunities. This year it sounded like he only looked at the Packers job and didn't bother with anyone else. Last year he checked out the Colts and wasn't crazy about going there by reports and was begged by Kraft to stay. 

I think Josh would be fine in New England mostly because he is the architect of their offensive system and is the longest tenured employee that coaching staff has had outside of Belichick. Also I don't really see it being a cold hand off. I think they absolutely would keep Belichick in a GM or President of team Operations role where he would still be a guiding hand. 

9 hours ago, lancerman said:

Here's my issue with this:

Bill Belichick was 1-6 in winning seasons before he went on a run of 18 consecutive winning seasons. 

Tom Landry was 0-6 before in winning seasons before he went on a run of 20 conecutive winning seasons. 

Those are currently the two longest streakes in NFL history of a HC having winning seasons. 

Chuck Noll started out 0-3 in winning seasons

McDaniels coached a season and a half in Denver. 

So I'm not really a fan of judging coaches off that small of a sample size. 

Point taken that he had opportunities to go elsewhere. But I think he's still a young guy and he's probably going to get more opportunities. This year it sounded like he only looked at the Packers job and didn't bother with anyone else. Last year he checked out the Colts and wasn't crazy about going there by reports and was begged by Kraft to stay. 

I think Josh would be fine in New England mostly because he is the architect of their offensive system and is the longest tenured employee that coaching staff has had outside of Belichick. Also I don't really see it being a cold hand off. I think they absolutely would keep Belichick in a GM or President of team Operations role where he would still be a guiding hand. 

The reason you believe Josh McDaniels would succeed in New England is honestly the same reason I do. He has been a large part of that success and he is very familiar with for lack of better way to phrase it the system that they run there from the front office all the way down to the punter.

Yeah I agree I definitely feel like Bill Belichick could absolutely be offered a general manager position with this team after he retires as a coach and it would make sense I mean he'd still be heavily involved he'd still be able to heavily assist Josh McDaniels and he would be without the responsibilities of creating the game plans and trapping the players every week

8 hours ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

Mahomes era.

To be honest I really do believe that Pat Mahomes is the thirst screw quarterback that is going to lead to a new era. Nothing against guys like Josh Allen and DeShaun Watson but they haven't exactly lifted themselves away from the rest of the crowd yet. Neither has Dak Prescott. I think there will be more examples in the near future I mean I guess you could say baker Mayfield perhaps he's another one that seemingly could be in the grouping of the next era of QB's

1 hour ago, ManningGM said:

The Luck Era

Can we all just recognize that these were the scores in every game Luck's team was eliminated in during the post season.

2012: 24-9

2013: 43-22

2014: 45-7

2018: 31-13

Let's wait until he stops getting blown out every time he runs into a contender

Archived