What well by post Brady/Belichick era look like?

VigilantZombie

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

I really don’t think that’s likely. They went to a Super Bowl not long after Kraft bought the team with Bledsoe. Kraft’s too coachinh hires were Carroll who he eventually let go of  for being a bit to soft and player friendly (which.....) and Belichick who he hired with many people telling him it was a mistake. 

Hes w great owner 

I think that is what people trying to dismiss. The Patriots are a great organization under J and R Kraft and will continue to field good teams. This type of dominance will never be duplicated but the Patriots went to a Super Bowl with Drew Bledsoe only in the 3rd season of Robert Kraft as owner. They will get back to mortal but people shouldn't be surprised if the Patriots are still among the best most seasons and still be a major threat to win Super Bowls.

5 hours ago, SBLIII said:

I hope the Patriots find their Steve Young in the 2020 or this years draft, sit him 2-3 years and extend the dynasty for 10-12 years.

Steve young was a garbage. With the team he had, any top 50 QB could have made SB at least twice. 49ers bought a SB for him.

If an offense has been one dimensional for over 3 years, it is QB's fault, not coach's fault.

One dimensional offense has nearly zero chance winng 3 in a row in playoffs, it also makes defense worse.

A QB like Ben gives you better chance winning SB than a QB like Rodgers

BTW, Mahomes might miss his best chance winning SB.

Just now, William Lee said:

Steve young was a garbage. With the team he had, any top 50 QB could have made SB at least twice. 49ers bought a SB for him.

If an offense has been one dimensional for over 3 years, it is QB's fault, not coach's fault.

One dimensional offense has nearly zero chance winng 3 in a row, it also makes defense worse.

A QB like Ben gives you better chance winning SB 

regardless how good he was, a QB that is good enough to win the SB and keep it going.

I disagree completely about Young though. He only had a 3 year prime/peak but he was unreal from 92-94

9 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I disagree completely about Young though. He only had a 3 year prime/peak but he was unreal from 92-94

He wouldn't have won anything with salary cap.

49ers bought Deion Sanders out of Cowboys, that is how he finally was able to beat cowboys,  with Deion Sanders, who intercepted Troy Aikman in NFCCG.. 

A "Is Jerry open or I will run" QB will be a garbage in any team with salary cap.

Archived