Draft Prospects

jsthomp2007

On 3/6/2019 at 12:51 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

I watched my first half of 2018 College Football yesterday xD I decided to watch Michigan - Ohio State, as I figured these two schools seem to have a lot of players that have declared for the draft this year.

The stat line was great, but not overly impressed with Haskins thus far. He's missed some throws and cost a fair bit of YAC with some of the ones he has completed. I imagine that is about to change given the final score ... I actually thought Shea Patterson played better. He got really let down by his receivers with drops (including Gentry the TE who's declared this year), but he made some really nice plays within the pocket and on NFL style, play action passing plays.

The guy who really stood out was the speedy WR, Campbell from Ohio State. That guy is FAST. He had a couple of drag routes that I imagine he'd get lit up running in the NFL but he looks so explosive.

Obviously it's one half of football so can't take much from it. Still, I like watching the game with no clue what the narrative on these players is for a change.

Campbell is definitely an interesting prospect but he is incredibly raw. His route running needs A LOT of work. I wouldn't take him before our 3rd round pick and ideally with our 4th rounder but not sure he lasts that long. He does have special athleticism though.

• 3 weeks later...

Klis mentioned today our interest in DL Renell Wren from ASU. Wren had a very strong combine even though his college production was spotty. Sounds like we not only showed a lot of interest in him at the Sr. Bowl, but at the Combine, and Elway made specific mention to him we'd be at his pro-day. Welcome to your 2019 over-draft candidate.

10 hours ago, broncos67 said:

Klis mentioned today our interest in DL Renell Wren from ASU. Wren had a very strong combine even though his college production was spotty. Sounds like we not only showed a lot of interest in him at the Sr. Bowl, but at the Combine, and Elway made specific mention to him we'd be at his pro-day. Welcome to your 2019 over-draft candidate.

He has no track record, if Denver took him in the 2nd or 3rd that’d be a reach, but 4th round and later he’s probably worth the gamble. He’s an exceptional athlete for his size which provides scheme versatility in the 3/4.  

We’ll see if he can be coached up, but that dude is freaky athletically and if he’d have produced like his physical characteristics indicate we’d be talking about a first round pick, possibly in the mix as a top 10-15 guy.  He didn’t show that, so like I said I don’t like him in the top 3 rounds, at least where Denver is picking.  Late 3rd-7th, I really don’t have an issue taking that gamble.

Edited by germ-x

On 3/27/2019 at 5:55 PM, germ-x said:

He has no track record, if Denver took him in the 2nd or 3rd that’d be a reach, but 4th round and later he’s probably worth the gamble. He’s an exceptional athlete for his size which provides scheme versatility in the 3/4.  

We’ll see if he can be coached up, but that dude is freaky athletically and if he’d have produced like his physical characteristics indicate we’d be talking about a first round pick, possibly in the mix as a top 10-15 guy.  He didn’t show that, so like I said I don’t like him in the top 3 rounds, at least where Denver is picking.  Late 3rd-7th, I really don’t have an issue taking that gamble.

I think it depends on who is there. You could argue that Langley made sense in the late third off those same characteristics only, but he was a massive overdraft based on available talent at the time. We'll see. I agree, dude is a freak, and who knows, he may have been utilized incorrectly at ASU, but I know Elway tends to fall in love.

13 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I think it depends on who is there. You could argue that Langley made sense in the late third off those same characteristics only, but he was a massive overdraft based on available talent at the time. We'll see. I agree, dude is a freak, and who knows, he may have been utilized incorrectly at ASU, but I know Elway tends to fall in love.

Langley was the type of experiment you use a 6th or 7th on 

• Like 2

Also hosting Oregon DE/OLB Justin Hollins for an official visit.

Teams are allowed 30 official visits before the draft, so far I’ve seen these names getting official visits with Denver.

QB Dwayne Haskins, QB Drew Lock, QB Kyler Murray, QB Daniel Jones, DL Dre’Mont Jones, TE Josh Oliver, OL Chris Lindstrom, OL Dalton Risner, WR N’Keal Harry, OLB Justin Hollins.

So that’s 10.

Edited by germ-x

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

Loks like a "move the chains" guy.

Yeah.  I really like Harry.  He loves football, big, physical, and very strong for a WR.  His speed is questionable and while he ran a 4.53 at the combine, I’ve watched him a bit since the offseason started and don’t think he plays that fast.  However, for a big player 6’3” 225, he is pretty shifty and can create after the catch.  I would be very happy if he were the teams 2nd or 3rd round pick.  I think he’s a chain mover, can go up and get it in the red zone, and I also think could operate as a big slot with his size and shiftiness, he also has return experience as well.

I am also all for BPA and Harry is probably a better overall player than the guys I’m going to mention, but a part of me thinks a guy like Emanuel Hall, Terry McLarin, or Darius Slayton would be better fits for this offense.  Both are guys that have to be respected at all times in the vertical passing game because of their speed and all 3 are capable of blowing by DBs for chunk gains.

Edited by germ-x

2 hours ago, germ-x said:

Yeah.  I really like Harry.  He loves football, big, physical, and very strong for a WR.  His speed is questionable and while he ran a 4.53 at the combine, I’ve watched him a bit since the offseason started and don’t think he plays that fast.  However, for a big player 6’3” 225, he is pretty shifty and can create after the catch.  I would be very happy if he were the teams 2nd or 3rd round pick.  I think he’s a chain mover, can go up and get it in the red zone, and I also think could operate as a big slot with his size and shiftiness, he also has return experience as well.

I am also all for BPA and Harry is probably a better overall player than the guys I’m going to mention, but a part of me thinks a guy like Emanuel Hall, Terry McLarin, or Darius Slayton would be better fits for this offense.  Both are guys that have to be respected at all times in the vertical passing game because of their speed and all 3 are capable of blowing by DBs for chunk gains.

Your description makes me think of a Shannon Sharpe in the making 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, germ-x said:

Can’t remember where I read it about Harry but a scout said something like “in the NFL it’s more about knowing how to shield and high point etc as even the best of the best WRs don’t get a ton of separation at this level”. And that was why he liked Harry