Draft Prospects

jsthomp2007

30 minutes ago, Royal_VT said:

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/08/iman-marshall-2019-nfl-draft-met-with-denver-broncos-at-senior-bowl/

Iman Marshall, USC Corner. Per the article, projected 3rd-4th rounder who excels at dropping back into zone coverage. Broncos met with him at the Senior Bowl.

6'1 200lbs...nice! I wonder how fast he is.  But, if he can read the QB, speed isn't entirely necessary. 

I don't mean to turn this thread into a series of broncoswire posts, but they are pumping out these articles about who the Broncos met with at the Senior Bowl. And I think this thread is a good opportunity for us to focus on non-1st round prospects whom the Broncos have been linked to.

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/08/jaylen-smith-2019-nfl-draft-denver-broncos-meeting-senior-bowl/

Jaylen Smith - Louisville, WR 3rd to 5th rounder at 6ft 4 210 lbs.

Other players who the Broncoswire have said we have met with:

KeeSean Johnson  - Fresno State, WR - 5th rounder proj.

Trevon Wesco - West Virginia, TE/FB - late round / UDFA

Sutton Smith - Northern Illinois, OLB - 3rd-4th rounder proj.

Andre Dillard - Washington State, OT - 2nd round proj.

Corey Ballentine - Washburn, CB (6ft) - 4th-5th rounder proj.

Dalton Risner - Kansas State, OT - 3rd-5th rounder proj. - 3x captain

Gerri Green - Mississippi State, OLB - late round / UDFA proj. - captain as a senior

I think those are all the players the broncoswire has linked us to, via meetings at the Senior Bowl / Shrine Game. 

32 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I think Risner is more of a 1-2nd projection 

True, just saw an article after I had posted that saying as much. I should have noted that all of those projections came directly from the broncoswire articles for each guy.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

Can you elaborate, I need more info , please ??

Tre Lamar is a huge thumper but he is so stiff. Multiple scouting reports which I agree with say he doesn’t have a fit in today’s NFL. We need a well rounded LBer who can cover and fly to the ball. Ala Devin White, Devin Bush, or Terrill Hanks. If you just want a thumper then sure. He keeps his feet active and uses hands well to fight off blocks. But he will be a liability in coverage. 

Hanks is similar build to Roquan Smith (but lankier) and plays like a lesser version of him (not as instinctual but might match the athleticism). Hanks is a former safety I encourage you to check him out. Would be a great compliment next to Jewell. He is good for some whacky turnovers too. The interception he made between his two ankles was a fun one. 

Also check out Khalil Hodge out of Buffalo as another possible mid round ILB pick for us.

• Like 1

I am generally a BPA person when it comes to the draft.

At 10 I would hope we go one of the following directions:

CB: Byron Murphy (UW),  Greedy Williams (LSU) or Deandre Baker (UGA)

ILB: Devin While (LSU)

DL: Quinnen Williams (Ala), Nick Bosa (OSU) both likely pipe-dreams, Rashan Gary (UM), Ed Oliver (UH), Christian Wilkins (Clemson)

OL: Jonah Williams (Ala), Jawaan Taylor (UF), Dalton Risner (KSU-trade down?)

For 2nd round

CB: Julian Love (ND) or perhaps Joejuan Williams (Vanderbilt)

ILB: Devin Bush (UM)

DL: Dexter Lawrence (Clemson), Jerry Tillery (ND), Dre'Mont Jones (OSU)

OL: Cody Ford (OU), Greg Little (Ole Miss), Chris Lindstrom (BC)

I suppose if Kyler Murray or Drew Lock fell to bottom of 1st I'd consider trade up if it didn't cost a first later.  

I haven't had much time to scout this year.  Any thoughts on any of the above players?

Thanks.

• Like 1

I sense Denver will either stay put at 10 and take Lock if he's there, or the best defensive player available. I know Klis is shilling for the org all the time, and although I've seen some call smokescreen, he directly keeps mentioning Devin White or various CBs at that spot. 

Trading down also seems to be a real possibility.

Anyway, I think Denver needs to find a TE in this draft. Would like to see maybe Irv Smith in Round 2? Hockenson is a pipe dream since he'll be picked high. Cannot keep rolling into a season with zero viable weapons at the TE position. Some of the best offenses also have the most dynamic TEs. That Denver refuses to adequately address that position is incredibly annoying to me. Hopefully our new OC will be able to convince some folks that having a strong TE (like SF had Kittle) is the right move.