Draft Prospects

jsthomp2007

So a player I would be interested in even at 10 is Jerry Tillery. I was a huge DeForest Buckner fan in his class in fact he was my number one player in that class. Here is an athletic comparison between the two. Now I think Buckner was the better prospect but it is interesting profiling the two. Tillery was PFFs top pass rushing INT in college last year (Yes I know it’s PFF but they’ve been right plenty... Mayfield anyone?). Anyway I think he is a player to keep an eye on for 3-4 end replacing that Malik Jackson role we never have been able to. From the NFL Draft Thread.

13 hours ago, Counselor said:

Some comparison and I will fill this is in as Tillery continues to work.

DeForest Buckner

6-7 291, 34 3/8”, 11 3/4”

5.05 40, 1.77 10 split, 21 reps (pro day), 32” Vert, 116” Broad, 7.51 3 Cone, 4.47 Short Shuttle

Jerry Tillery

6-6 295, 34 1/4”, 10 5/8”

4.93 40, 1.69 10 split, 23 reps, 32” Vert, 115” Broad, 7.45 3 Cone, 4.33 Short Shuttle

On 3/2/2019 at 7:54 AM, Royal_VT said:

To be honest, I think even if we sign a top tier FA corner there is still reason to draft one at 10 (that is if the front office believes the CB1 available at 10 is a shutdown CB).

I don't think you can have too many DBs.  And, it is a position that Elway values.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

He won’t last to 10

If by some miracle he is though, do you think we pull the trigger on him vs grabbing Lock? It's a hard spot. We HAVE to get a QBOTF at some point. There's just no way around that. But Lock is far from a sure fire thing, although I feel like he is a much better prospect than Lynch was. And imagine a LB core of Miller, White, Jewell and Chubb. That's the kind thing nightmares are made of. 

Edited by 1234567
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

If by some miracle he is though, do you think we pull the trigger on him vs grabbing Lock? It's a hard spot. We HAVE to get a QBOTF at some point. There's just no way around that. But Lock is far from a sure fire thing, although I feel like he is a much better prospect than Lynch was. And imagine a LB core of Miller, White, Jewell and Chubb. That's the kind thing nightmares are made of. 

Yup!

To me two things happened that just completey blew up what everyone assumed was going to go down in the draft. 

1) AZ flirting with the idea of Murray

2) Metcalf turning in an all time level performance that no one saw coming. 

With two other Potentially QB needy teams mixed into that top 10 as well, there is a legit chance that we will have our pick of several game destroying type defenders. Guys who are are virtual locks to be pro bowlers. Gonna be tempting. 

Edited by 1234567
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, 1234567 said:

To me two things happened that just completey blew up what everyone assumed was going to go down in the draft. 

1) AZ flirting with the idea of Murray

2) Metcalf turning in an all time level performance that no one saw coming. 

With two other Potentially QB needy teams mixed into that top 10 as well, there is a legit chance that we will have our pick of several game destroying type defenders. Guys who are are virtual locks to be pro bowlers. Gonna be tempting. 

Metcalf blowing up could be good for Denver as someone may take him in the top 10, even though it’d be a huge risk.  His change of direction #s were equally as mind blowing has his 40 time and straight line #s, dude as NFL OL change of direction skills.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Metcalf blowing up could be good for Denver as someone may take him in the top 10, even though it’d be a huge risk.  His change of direction #s were equally as mind blowing has his 40 time and straight line #s, dude as NFL OL change of direction skills.  

I love it I have a strange feeling Gruden is gonna Take D.K at 4 if Murray goes 1. D.K is a tank at wr and speedy, but his change of direction speed is alarmingly bad. That along with injury issues and I'm not saying he's gonna be a bust but he's a risky top 5 pick. I actually like A.J Brown better.

17 hours ago, 1234567 said:

We need a QB. We can pick up someone like Gary Johnson or Mack Wilson in the 2nd.

I honestly think Denver will be better served drafting someone like Will Grier in Round 3. I would still be okay with Drew Lock, but honestly, I'd rather just fill some defensive holes at this point. There's so many strong defensive prospects where we sit. White, Greedy, Baker, Murphy, and then a whole bunch of DLs. Hard to pass up something like that given the state of this team, IMO 

• Like 1