Draft Prospects

jsthomp2007

16 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I honestly think Denver will be better served drafting someone like Will Grier in Round 3. I would still be okay with Drew Lock, but honestly, I'd rather just fill some defensive holes at this point. There's so many strong defensive prospects where we sit. White, Greedy, Baker, Murphy, and then a whole bunch of DLs. Hard to pass up something like that given the state of this team, IMO 

I agree...the priority needs to be stopping Mahomes and Rivers, if the Broncos are going to compete in the AFC West right away...get that situated and then start arming the offense.  

I watched my first half of 2018 College Football yesterday xD I decided to watch Michigan - Ohio State, as I figured these two schools seem to have a lot of players that have declared for the draft this year.

The stat line was great, but not overly impressed with Haskins thus far. He's missed some throws and cost a fair bit of YAC with some of the ones he has completed. I imagine that is about to change given the final score ... I actually thought Shea Patterson played better. He got really let down by his receivers with drops (including Gentry the TE who's declared this year), but he made some really nice plays within the pocket and on NFL style, play action passing plays.

The guy who really stood out was the speedy WR, Campbell from Ohio State. That guy is FAST. He had a couple of drag routes that I imagine he'd get lit up running in the NFL but he looks so explosive.

Obviously it's one half of football so can't take much from it. Still, I like watching the game with no clue what the narrative on these players is for a change.

On 3/4/2019 at 8:19 AM, germ-x said:

Metcalf blowing up could be good for Denver as someone may take him in the top 10, even though it’d be a huge risk.  His change of direction #s were equally as mind blowing has his 40 time and straight line #s, dude as NFL OL change of direction skills.  

He could be a HOF level gunner though!

3 hours ago, Counselor said:

If we don’t land a top S in FA I want CGJ at 41. 

Where do you have him relative to other safeties? Abram, Adderly, Thornhill, Rapp, Thompson, Johnson, CGJ - I feel like I have seen rankings varied so much. All of them sometimes sneaking into the 1st, up to lasting til the 3rd.

22 minutes ago, Royal_VT said:

Where do you have him relative to other safeties? Abram, Adderly, Thornhill, Rapp, Thompson, Johnson, CGJ - I feel like I have seen rankings varied so much. All of them sometimes sneaking into the 1st, up to lasting til the 3rd.

I’ll release these rankings mid April

On 3/3/2019 at 4:05 PM, 1234567 said:

To me two things happened that just completey blew up what everyone assumed was going to go down in the draft. 

1) AZ flirting with the idea of Murray

2) Metcalf turning in an all time level performance that no one saw coming. 

With two other Potentially QB needy teams mixed into that top 10 as well, there is a legit chance that we will have our pick of several game destroying type defenders. Guys who are are virtual locks to be pro bowlers. Gonna be tempting. 

I am not sure about Metcalf.  So many receivers come out of Ole Miss and bust.  His reaction after IMO , which may not sit well with all, when he cried and called his family actually concerns me. So many of these kids think the combine is the most important day to get that golden draft ticket and it’s all downhill from there.  While he is a freak.  I feel like he may be a bust 🧠

5 minutes ago, BaldyBronco said:

I am not sure about Metcalf.  So many receivers come out of Ole Miss and bust.  His reaction after IMO , which may not sit well with all, when he cried and called his family actually concerns me. So many of these kids think the combine is the most important day to get that golden draft ticket and it’s all downhill from there.  While he is a freak.  I feel like he may be a bust 🧠

Devin White did the same thing after his 40

2 minutes ago, BaldyBronco said:

Saw that.  It concerns me. 

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Devin White did the same thing after his 40

I like guys that go in, take care of business and simply drop the 🎤 .  Just an intangible that makes me wonder. 

That said   The tape on White is pretty 🔥 

1 minute ago, BaldyBronco said:

Saw that.  It concerns me. 

How can we judge it as these guys viewing it as an ending point and not just another milestone in their journey? Metcalf has NFL in his blood and White has great football character by all accounts. 

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

How can we judge it as these guys viewing it as an ending point and not just another milestone in their journey? Metcalf has NFL in his blood and White has great football character by all accounts. 

It is just one factor.  Especially with this approach of black box picks.  There will be an input that accounts for it, and for me, I would knock a few points off. 🤔 I started by saying it might not sit well with some.   At the end of the day, it will come out in other ways through the process in grading the kid and learning more.

In terms of Ole Miss.  There are a lot of examples of great combine performances with poor NFL careers. 

Archived