Coaching Staff Complete

KingOfNewYork

Love a lot of these moves. 

Jim Bob Cooter at RB Coach is surprising, I thought Studesville was a lock. 

Joe Vitt on the defensive side is another good addition.

Frank Pollack is the best assistant pick up we made IMO. O-Line is the foundation of our success.

Nice mix of veteran coaches and youth. I think Gase did good.

13 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Bob Cooter is a surprising move, indeed.  

This suggests Jets won't go after Le'Veon Bell.  Zero legit run coordinator on the staff.  Wow.

Def a bit of a concern but Bell is such a passing game threat and Pollack’s work with OL play and Mixon breaking out under him make me think Le’Veon is still an option for us.

54 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

This suggests Jets won't go after Le'Veon Bell.  Zero legit run coordinator on the staff.  Wow.

This suggests no such thing. 

I heard a while back that JBC was a candidate for a role on this staff, as was Mike McCoy and Greg Knapp (who ended up taking a job in ATL as QB coach). I don't know that he'll be solely focused on the running back position; yes that is the group he'll coach day-to-day, but the expectation is that he will work closely with Gase and Loggains on developing and defining the offensive scheme. Again, the goal is to build a scheme most conducive to Sam Darnold, and that includes coaching running backs that can catch the ball and fit into the overall big picture. Btw, Eric Studsville wasn't released from his contract. 

Otherwise no major surprises other than Andre Carter. He was on Adam's staff last year as an assistant and Gregg Williams coached him for 2 years in WAS, but didn't hear much about him as a possibility. 

31 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I wonder if we take a look at Ron Leary with the Pollack connection.  I think we can do better, but might be something to monitor.  Leary's great when healthy (WHEN healthy)

Would be a nice veteran option. Isn’t he like 29? Could be a really good 2-3 year option for us until we find a long term LG. But like you said if he’s healthy. 

That’s an experienced staff. Jim Bob could have been our OC and nobody would have blinked an eye. Pollack is solid. 

Kind of surprised more coaches didn’t follow Gregg Williams. He only brought over 2 defensive assistants. 3 defensive coaches are former Gase guys. 

I think it’s a solid group. Enough experience but not too many chefs. There’s definitely a sense that Gase is the offensive HC and Gregg is the defensive HC ad he has his own assistant. I think most teams only have one assistant HC.

we even have to assistant strength coaches. Can’t say the team was cheap on coaches.

5 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Would be a nice veteran option. Isn’t he like 29? Could be a really good 2-3 year option for us until we find a long term LG. But like you said if he’s healthy. 

Turns 30 soon.  When healthy, he consistently grades out as of the better guards in the league.  Just major health concerns.  I could see us adding him and drafting a guard in the middle rounds to backup/replace when needed.

10 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

Williams and Vitt together again is interesting. 

I don't like these two guys together. Vitt called out Williams for not being honest with the investigation with the bounty case with the Saints. I also read that Williams wanted his son to be the LB coach but Gase said NO. Gase came around and let his son be an assistant to the D. This just sounds like too much drama for this team. Makes you wonder who is in charge too. I'm wondering if Williams wants Gase to fail so he can have another shot as HC. I have a funny feeling Gase probably did not want Williams as his DC but the owner or GM told him that will be his DC. I hope I'm wrong but I think there is too many hands in the soup. 

17 hours ago, JetsandI said:

why?  Bell is the best available RB and WR.  makes no sense not to go after him.

Archived