Kevin White Seen As High Value Free Agent

soulman

Kevin White called a 'most bang for the buck' free agent

ByMatt Eurich Feb 7, 12:19 PM

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/Kevin-White-value-free-agency-128840904/?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=190208_113100_Chicago Bears Newsletter&utm_content=Link&liveconnect=C3-52-7D-DF-F0-AF-8E-1A-53-7F-74-41-9D-F1-31-5F190208_113100ChicagoBearsNewsletter

His career has been a disappointment up to this point, but White does have some believers. CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora wrote up a list of free agents who will provide the most bang for the buck and has White tabbed as one of those players.

"He needs to get out of Chicago, badly, after barely seeing the field since being drafted seventh overall in 2015," La Canfora wrote. "He can't stay healthy, but has world-class speed and I will always take a flier on that. The metrics that made him so attractive coming out of West Virginia should still be there. He remains raw, but should come cheap and this just smells like the kind of guy Bill Belichick would be all over. Perhaps even as a replacement for Patterson, who, what do you know, was a buy-cheap guy for the Pats after being labeled a first-round bust with the Vikings."

I agree that he needs a change of scene.

I also don't think he's lost much if any of his speed but whose gonna teach him to run routes?

If a team is willing to bring him in on the cheap and use him primarily as a deep threat strictly as an X WR they may get some reasonable production out of him but I don't see him ever becoming a versatile NFL wideout worth his draft status.

He's a good kid and he tries hard but something tells me the light in his upper floor is a dim one.

It's LaCanfora. Does a decent job as a talking head, but never seems to know much actual football news, or even stuff. We'll see what happens. Someone will most certainly pick up White. I doubt it's the Bears, as they'll want a guy to play special teams in that slot...

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

It's LaCanfora. Does a decent job as a talking head, but never seems to know much actual football news, or even stuff. We'll see what happens. Someone will most certainly pick up White. I doubt it's the Bears, as they'll want a guy to play special teams in that slot...

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

LaConfora is seen as a hack by the biggest hacks in the business.

He is not world class fast anymore, he gets bullied off of every route, and is inconsistent catching the ball.

Ha ha, I did consider the source but figured the topic itself was worth collecting some comments on.

I can't recall which game it was now but I do recall him being thrown to on a square out route to the sideline and I was still very impressed with his burst off the line and how well he ran that one route.  It was one of those times he showed some of what he was drafted for but stuff like that happened all too seldom.

White is never going to live up to the billing of being the 7th overall pick but he he stays healthy could he be a solid #3/4 receiver option? I believe so...if some team gets him in a simple scheme and doesn't ask him to do too much he could be a solid option...just has to stay healthy. 

21 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

White is never going to live up to the billing of being the 7th overall pick but he he stays healthy could he be a solid #3/4 receiver option? I believe so...if some team gets him in a simple scheme and doesn't ask him to do too much he could be a solid option...just has to stay healthy. 

Ehhh...it's not IMPOSSIBLE that White shows, at some point, that he should have been the seventh pick in that draft...but it's unlikely. And it won't be with the Bears. 

He couldn’t get reps ahead of Josh Bellamy even at 2.5x the cap hit with his salary fully guaranteed and his NFL future hanging in the balance. I wouldn’t hold my breath on him catching on anywhere else unless he rehabs his profile in the CFL or AAF. Honestly that may be the best bet for him at this juncture. 

2 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:
3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

How about a straight up trade for Laquon Treadwell?  A change of scenery might do both of them a world of good.

It’s kind of hard to trade a free agent. 

As Blk said Unc, he's a free agent so we can't trade him unless there is a sign and trade deal put in place which would make no sense for us and is absolutely not a realistic scenario.

But just for ****s and giggles to past time in the off-season,  I'll pretend the trade is possible.

Where do I sign right now? Treadwell started the season with a case of butter fingers but got alot better as the season went on and showed progression when his routes were reduced to shorter field routes. This is something Mitch could use for 100 plays or so and are some of the things WHite could never really do consistently even when he was healthy. 

Archived