Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
soulman

Kevin White Seen As High Value Free Agent

Recommended Posts

Kevin White is just bad. I wish him the best, but he is not a good WR with bad health. He is a bad WR with bad health.

He made a ton of money off that 40.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Kevin White is just bad. I wish him the best, but he is not a good WR with bad health. He is a bad WR with bad health.

He made a ton of money off that 40.

Another "Built like Tarzan, plays like Jane" pick.  White is the John Thierry of WRs and maybe even worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, soulman said:

Another "Built like Tarzan, plays like Jane" pick.  White is the John Thierry of WRs and maybe even worse.

I don’t think that’s the right analogy for White. That’s for guys who look like Madden create-a-players but play super soft. White doesn’t play soft. He has always been a guy who fights for yards and hasn’t shown any hesitation to put his body on the line to make plays despite his injury history. Being injury prone and playing soft often go together but they aren’t the same thing, and White is only injury prone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t think that’s the right analogy for White. That’s for guys who look like Madden create-a-players but play super soft. White doesn’t play soft. He has always been a guy who fights for yards and hasn’t shown any hesitation to put his body on the line to make plays despite his injury history. Being injury prone and playing soft often go together but they aren’t the same thing, and White is only injury prone. 

I never really interpreted it that way I guess.  When it was first used it seemed to apply mainly to work out warriors who were buff but not great football players.  Now days I'm thinking it applies more to Combine darlings with great measurables but whom again just don't play football well at all.

I don't see White as being soft I just see a kid who wowed scouts and GMs with his size and speed to the degree that they overlooked how limited he was in his understanding of a route tree and the need in the NFL to run precision routes with precision timing.  He was never asked to do that in college.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have this weird feeling that wherever White ends up next he will go on to have a good season.  I'm not so sure he got a fair shake this past season with the Bears.  In the games I saw him play he wasn't bad.  Really weird situation but ya his time in Chicago is up.  Sucks Pace wasted a high 1st like that.

La Canfora is one reporter I rarely give much respect to because most of the time he is full of ****, but I actually agree that Patriots are a team that could be in play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

I have this weird feeling that wherever White ends up next he will go on to have a good season.  I'm not so sure he got a fair shake this past season with the Bears.  In the games I saw him play he wasn't bad.  Really weird situation but ya his time in Chicago is up.  Sucks Pace wasted a high 1st like that.

La Canfora is one reporter I rarely give much respect to because most of the time he is full of ****, but I actually agree that Patriots are a team that could be in play.

Do not worry. He struggles with every aspect of football.

-Staying healthy

-Learning a playbook

-Running routes

-Catching the ball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not butthurt about him busting and never doing anything for us. I hope he can catch on somewhere and somewhat live up to whatever hype he once had, however unlikely that may be. One time in madden I traded him to the dolphins and he had 7 straight 2000 yard seasons, so maybe that’s his ceiling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×