2019 1st-Round Mock Draft (no trades)

IdigtheRaiders!

4 hours ago, Falconof Shadows said:

I've got to disagree with you man. After watching film on Ford I would love to take him to he our RT even at 14  i think he can be put in day one and handle the position. Put a veteran gaurd there at RG and call it a day

It's not that i don't like him and don't think he can do the job it's that he's a lesser talented player to me compared to the other guys coming out.  I would for sure take Jonah Williams over him if we are going RT and if we are going to use him as a OG then i would rather wait til round 2 for that because of how deep it is there compared to the other positions.

On 2/9/2019 at 3:18 PM, LinderFournette said:

nope.  switch ramsey out and do like a 1st next year.   Ramsey is here to stay in Jacksonville where he wants to be.   if anything i can see us trading higher then the bucs pick to go secure him. 

On 2/9/2019 at 9:02 AM, bigdog2372 said:

That being a known commodity, do you give up 7, 38, and Ramsey for #5 to my Bucs to get ahead of the Giants given that he’s still on the board when we pick?

Fair enough. I would take that deal all day if I’m Jason Licht. 

21 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I feel like trading from 7 to 5 shouldn't cost a 2nd and next years 1st...

When you’re trading down OBVIOUSLY for someone that you hope will be a franchise QB, the trading partner KNOWS you are desperate and will hike the price. A top 5 trade up is always expensive, especially when the other team smells blood in the water. Just the nature of the draft. The bottom line is, the Jags will HAVE to get ahead of the Giants to guarantee they get their top rated QB. The teams in the top 5 know that.

33 minutes ago, bigdog2372 said:

When you’re trading down OBVIOUSLY for someone that you hope will be a franchise QB, the trading partner KNOWS you are desperate and will hike the price. A top 5 trade up is always expensive, especially when the other team smells blood in the water. Just the nature of the draft. The bottom line is, the Jags will HAVE to get ahead of the Giants to guarantee they get their top rated QB. The teams in the top 5 know that.

Didnt Chicago pay like 2 3rds to move from 3 to 2? Also if the team trading isnt in need of a QB(at least in their eyes) they dont exactly have all the cards. Hell might as well call up the team picking 4th and see if they take a more reasonable deal

On 2/9/2019 at 2:18 PM, LinderFournette said:

nope.  switch ramsey out and do like a 1st next year.   Ramsey is here to stay in Jacksonville where he wants to be.   if anything i can see us trading higher then the bucs pick to go secure him. 

Both would be an overpay.  They're moving down 2 spots, not 10.  It's not a SRP and future FRP.  It'd be closer to what the Bears gave up to secure Mitch Trubisky.

10 hours ago, bigdog2372 said:

you bucs fans are delusional to think a team needing a franchise qb would trade their best player(and arguebly the best CB in the NFL) + 7 and 38. ramsey alone is worth more then pick 5.  

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Both would be an overpay.  They're moving down 2 spots, not 10.  It's not a SRP and future FRP.  It'd be closer to what the Bears gave up to secure Mitch Trubisky.

i agree but theres no way the jags trade ramsey to move up to get qb unless the qb is a Luck level prospect(neither are). 

On 2/11/2019 at 10:38 PM, LinderFournette said:

you bucs fans are delusional to think a team needing a franchise qb would trade their best player(and arguebly the best CB in the NFL) + 7 and 38. ramsey alone is worth more then pick 5.  

It was just a question asking your opinion if you were the Jags GM for a day. No need to get chippy. The reality of the matter is that plenty of teams have overpaid when they were desperate. So in your opinion what would it be worth to move from 7 to 5 to get ahead of the Giants if we start from the premise that Bortles time is over and the Jags are eyeing a QB in the draft? If I’m Jason Licht I’m taking no less than 7 and your 2nd round pick. Minimum.

10 hours ago, bigdog2372 said:

It was just a question asking your opinion if you were the Jags GM for a day. No need to get chippy. The reality of the matter is that plenty of teams have overpaid when they were desperate. So in your opinion what would it be worth to move from 7 to 5 to get ahead of the Giants if we start from the premise that Bortles time is over and the Jags are eyeing a QB in the draft? If I’m Jason Licht I’m taking no less than 7 and your 2nd round pick. Minimum.

at max id give u the same deal we gave u when we traded up with the bucs for Justin Blackmon.  im fine with either Haskins or Murray at qb :)

A CB to the Titans? Why? Logan Ryan, Adoree Jackson, and Malcolm Butler and a damn good trio and I’m not even the biggest Butler fan but absolutely no reason to draft a CB that high or even at all. They front OLB and iDL. Sweat would be an awesome pick as Orakpo retired and Morgan is a FA. Last years 2nd round pick Harold Landry should start at one OLB spot but there is a huge hole at the other one. Enter Montez Sweat.

10 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

at max id give u the same deal we gave u when we traded up with the bucs for Justin Blackmon.  im fine with either Haskins or Murray at qb :)

So a 4th? I wouldn’t be interested if I’m Licht and I’d laugh as I hung up the phone. Haha. Alright, I guess we’ll see what happens come draft day. Gotta get these Florida teams going again.

On 2/10/2019 at 9:08 AM, Falconof Shadows said:

I've got to disagree with you man. After watching film on Ford I would love to take him to he our RT even at 14  i think he can be put in day one and handle the position. Put a veteran gaurd there at RG and call it a day

I like Ford as well

Archived