Packers @ Broncos: Week 3 GDT

broncosfan07

GDTs  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How should we handle GDTs?

• Traditional Way

22 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

If there's any threat of Lynch missing regular season time, just PUP him. Not worth shuffling the 53 around.

We really need a viable backup. I highly doubt we can count on Lynch (healthy or not) if/when Siemian gets hurt.

8 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

We really need a viable backup. I highly doubt we can count on Lynch (healthy or not) if/when Siemian gets hurt.

There are going to be a few journeymen available I have more confidence in than Lynch. Really, if we can find some excuse to IR stash Lynch that might be the best thing for everyone.

8 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

There are going to be a few journeymen available I have more confidence in than Lynch. Really, if we can find some excuse to IR stash Lynch that might be the best thing for everyone.

there's only one viable backup on the market and he's been discussed at length by everyone. 

2 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Lynch really didn't play well in those games. And, Siemian isn't a rough and tumble NFL vet. Lynch should be gone, and Siemian's future in Denver shouldn't be assured as of yet because he hasn't won anything (as I try to remind the people who try to say that he will be a Pro Bowler). 

Siemien was invited to the Pro Bowl just last year.  

Well, @paul-mac can confirm - but here's the problem guys as I understand from his earlier post - you can't PUP a guy this late in the PS, he has to go to IR, or be kept on the 53-man roster - he could start the PS on PUP, but can't be put on once games started.  So that means unless you want to IR Lynch (and yes, 2 guys can return, but that's a huge waste of a roster spot IR option for only 2 weeks), we're going 3-QB now for the 53-man roster.

What this means - we pretty much HAVE to go 3-QB to start the year.   Thus, the numbers game comes up.  Some really tough decisions are going to have to be made.  Maybe it's not 4 RB's.  But it won't be 2 TE's, or 5 WR's, VJ has been really clear on that (and with Isiaih McKenzie as mostly a return-only guy, makes total sense).   So it's either 4-RB or fewer OL - and while the natural temptation is to go with fewer OL, the problem is we are so weak there, numbers are needed.    

Maybe the problem is more serious and Lynch has to go on IR - but PUP isn't an option.  So yeah, we've got quite a numbers dilemna on our hands.  This also pretty much locks Chad Kelly on IR, Butt on PUP (he started there, he can stay) and likely IR as well - we have no place to put these guys this year.    Carlos Henderson likely is an IR guy for sure now too.  Remember 2 guys can be recalled, but you can't PUP them according to @paul-mac and he would know best of all of us.

Archived