2019 NFL Draft Thread: Nashville

DoleINGout

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Phil Perry of Ex-Pats podcast does the Patriots specific PROTOTYPE draft. Available on NBC sports, Boston.com etc.

So, NE-type players - fit profiles and patriots system

(43) (Traded 32 with Lions for 2020 second and pick 43) - S. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson

The Chung clone. Similar style, similar measurables. Athletic. Was somebody who blitzed a lot, cover TEs and RBs, mix it up in running game. 2017 was more of a FS and a watcher. Versatile, use all over secondary

(56) OT. Kaleb McGary 

6'7, 315, athlete. 5-flat 40, quickness of charts, explosive. Good run blocker.

(64) WR. Emanuel Hall 

Good size, incredible explosiveness, elite speed, not-great hands though (Samuel, McLaurin etc gone)

(73) TE. Dawson Knox

SEC with great production, refined route runner,  not great hands. Passed up Sternberger as Knox more athletic - Knox has close to Fant levels of straight line speed. Powerful.

(97) CB. Joejuan Williams

BB loves the Vanderbilt program, ridiculous size but also quick for the size, supposedly ran a 4.55 at pro-day at 6'4"

(101) DT. Khalen Saunders

Rare. Good explosiveness for weight, sudden, 121inch broad jump at 6'0. Good at Senior Bowl - won all 7 reps (even against Lindstrom, Bradbury etc)

(134) EDGE. Anthony Nelson

BB loves Iowa, elite size and length, good jump numbers, set edge

(205) LB. Dre Greenlaw

Not the physical prototype but character stuff is typical - captain, been through a lot, renowned leader and worker, special teams demon? Could fill Elandon Roberts role

(239) EDGE. Jesse Aniebonam

Reportedly shown interest, good production before injury, 6'3, 258, 4.66, 123 inch broad

WR. Nick Easley - Leader, slot receiver, BB loves program, good size and athleticism 

- freaky athlete, good size

WR. Nsimba Webster - Athletic, slot, returner, 6.7 3 cone

Nice  draft however I can't say if its great because I don't know the players he might of pass on .

Here are the standouts from this draft

(43) (Traded 32 with Lions for 2020 second and pick 43) - S. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson.  Fills major need. QB 2020!!!!!!

(73) TE. Dawson Knox  One of my favorite player in the draft

WR. Nick Easley  The steal of the draft. Perfect Patriot. Back flips :D:D:D:D:D

RB. Alex Barnes  This kid is perfect for what is needed from him. Excellent vision, tremendous at the line and he has can catch the ball!

• Like 1

One trade: Niners and Giants swap first round picks inside the top 6 and the Niners also get pick #17 and #95 overall.

1. Cardinals - Nick Bosa (Perhaps the biggest shock at this point is the Cardinals not picking Kyler Murray first overall. Bosa instantly solidifies the Cardinals defense while providing a presence that fits the personality and professionalism of much of the current roster. Cardinals get a "can't miss" prospect that isn't necessarily the obvious choice. Headline: Keim/Kingsbury/Cardinals organization roll with their guy all along in Josh Rosen.)

2. Giants - Kyler Murray (Giants seize the opportunity to trade up with an organization part of their staff is familiar with for a chance at their heir apparent to Eli Manning despite the smokescreen leading up to the draft.)

3. Jets - Josh Allen (Expected to perform as a do-everything pass rusher and major asset on the edge.)

4. Raiders - Quinnen Williams (Best player in the draft and too good to pass up where the Raiders can use help defensively.)

5. Buccaneers - Devin White (Versatility to play any linebacker position "freely" without much pressure to lead as a rookie.)

6. Niners - Devin Bush Jr. (Reliable play maker immediately to start on the weak side or middle.)

7. Jaguars - TJ Hockenson (Deemed by Jags to be a huge improvement on offense all around and help Nick Foles.)

8. Lions - N'Keal Harry (Tremendous asset outside to allow Kenny Gollday to thrive in the slot.)

9. Bills - Rashan Gary (Versatility to go inside and depth on the outside.)

10. Broncos - Dexter Lawrence (Tremendously improves run defense up middle while assisting pass rushers.)

11. Bengals - Dwayne Haskins (Redskins likely trade for Andy Dalton at some point.)

12. Packers - Noah Fant (Solidifies the offense and tight end position.)

13. Dolphins - Jonah Williams (Much needed consistency on the offensive line.)

14. Falcons - Ed Oliver (As much a need as it is a fit with Grady Jarrett franchised.)

15. Redskins - DK Metcalf (Surprise to some who expect Drew Lock or Daniel Jones, the Redskins will probably spend their second round pick on one of these quarterbacks or possibly even acquire Andy Dalton.)

16. Panthers - Andre Dillard (A last ditch effort to preserve Cam Newton's longevity as the starter.)

17. Niners - JJ Arcega-Whiteside (Yet another slightly unexpected first round pick but not a matter of question in terms of talent, fit or team need.)

18. Vikings - Dalton Risner (Versatility to play guard, center or tackle.)

19. Titans - Jerry Tillery (High character guy with a high ceiling and massive frame to stabilize the defensive line.)

20. Steelers - Greedy Williams (Need meets fit and probably the best corner the Steelers have targeted in the first round since Darrelle Revis.)

21. Seahawks - Nasir Adderley (Replaces Earl Thomas in the secondary both as a safety and slot defender.)

22. Ravens - Clelin Ferrell (The zapped pass rush depth gets a major lift to help the defense try to reclaim its identity as an elite unit.)

23. Texans - Cody Ford (Pretty much best player available to play offensive tackle which the Texans desperately need depth at.)

24. Raiders - Josh Jacobs (Helps with lead blocking, blitz pickup, pass catching and runs hard while not having any injury history or "high milage" which the Raiders could use on offense.)

25. Eagles - Deandre Baker (Upgrades the corner position instantly which should help keep the Eagles a Super Bowl contender.)

26. Colts - Christian Wilkins (Fills a lead role of the Colts pass rush that is missing.)

27. Raiders - Zach Allen (Adds consistency as a starting defensive end against run and pass.)

28. Chargers - Terry McLaurin (Experience, leadership, elite speed, reliability, and toughness from a wide receiver. Like putting JuJu Smith-Schuster into the Chargers injury prone yet dangerous offense.)

29. Chiefs - Garrett Bradberry (Day 1 center starter who can grow with Patrick Mahomes.)

30. Packers - Montez Sweat (Fits the profile of the long limbed defenders the Packers use while bolstering their edge rush nicely.)

31. Rams - Brian Burns (A missing ingredient from the defense that could use more pass rush outside.)

32. Patriots - Irv Smith Jr. (Brought into compete for the starting tight end job left by Gronk and currently held by Austin Seferian-Jenkins.)

5 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

32. Patriots - Irv Smith Jr. (Brought into compete for the starting tight end job left by Gronk and currently held by Austin Seferian-Jenkins.)

I would draft. Dawson Knox [ TE ] Mississippi over Irv Smith. He bigger and a much better blocker and he can catch the ball.

5 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Patriots being the most unpredictable at 32. Could see them doing at least twenty different things. Jonathan Abram, Kaleb McGary, Deebo Samuel, Greg Little, Daniel Jones, Jarrett Stidham, Will Grier, Lonnie Johnson, Joejuan Williams, AJ Brown, various trades... I've already covered over a dozen scenarios right there!

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

And should be available in the 2nd round.

4 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I would draft. Dawson Knox [ TE ] Mississippi over Irv Smith. He bigger and a much better blocker and he can catch the ball.

Originally for this mock I was thinking QB and have been on the Will Grier bandwagon from the beginning. Stidham too. I'm not in love with Smith by any means either, it's just trying to predict what I think is going to happen and usually I don't like a lot of the early picks the Pats make.

Alright...

@SBLIII @DoleINGout @m haynes 

We've held the draft fort [warren] the past couple of weeks. I think we deserve a little competition....

1. What is your final prediction for our first round pick (3 options)

Option a):

Option b):

Option c):

2. Which pick will be the first one traded?

3. Will we pick a QB in the top 4 rounds?

4. Name the most popular conference we turn to? (Big 10, SEC etc)

5. Name the TE(s) we pick (if we do)

6. Name the WR(s) we pick (if we do)

7. We have 12 picks - how many will actually be used on players this draft? 

8. [Non Pats] - Name the players our DIV rivals will take in the first round?

MIA:

NYJ:

BUF:

• Like 1

Option a): Jerry Tillery

Option b): AJ Brown

Option c): Trade Back

56th Overall (our 2nd pick)

No

SEC

Kaden Smith

Riley Ridley (Bill loves his Georgia) and Mecole Hardman 

MIA: Brian Burns

NYJ: Josh Allen

BUF: Ed Oliver

...as usual they look to DL

Edited by Hunter2_1

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Alright...

@SBLIII @DoleINGout @m haynes 

We've held the draft fort [warren] the past couple of weeks. I think we deserve a little competition....

Option a): AJ Brown

Option b): Darnell Savage Jr

Option c): Greg Little

No.

SEC

Josh Oliver

AJ Brown, Diontae Johnson

MIA: Christian Wilkins

NYJ: Quinnen Williams

BUF: Noah Fant

• Like 1

Option a): N'Keal Harry

Option b): Will Grier

Option c): Greg Little

56th Overall

Sure will

SEC

Warring

N'Keal Harry, Miles Boykin, or Stanley Morgan

MIA: Dwayne Haskins

NYJ:  Quinnen Williams

BUF: Montez Sweat

• Like 1

Option a): Trade

Option b): Irv Smith Jr.

Option c): Will Grier

2. Which pick will be the first one traded? #32

3. Will we pick a QB in the top 4 rounds? No

4. Name the most popular conference we turn to? (Big 10, SEC etc) ACC

5. Name the TE(s) we pick (if we do) Irv Smith Jr., Dax Raymond

6. Name the WR(s) we pick (if we do) Miles Boykin, Gary Jennings

7. We have 12 picks - how many will actually be used on players this draft? Tricky question because technically all of them will be used on players in some way. Ten of the Patriots current twelve picks they will use for selections in 2019 in addition to whatever other picks they acquire in trades down the board that I presume they'll make.

MIA: Jonah Williams

NYJ: Josh Allen

BUF: Jawaan Taylor

Edited by DoleINGout
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SBLIII said:

@m haynes

starting to really love Little at 32.

Talented enough prospect but I don't think it will happen for basically questions regarding his commitment and fit personality wise. Little is all about his faith and has said he isn't fond of the "all business" approach. I'd be concerned about him transitioning to a place like New England. On the Bills or Panthers? I could see Little thrive with the culture of their head coaches.

I'm not saying Little couldn't work out, but given the likelihood that I don't think he will be picked at #32, I don't think he will be around either at #56 or a later pick for the Patriots to consider him more seriously.