2019 NFL Draft Thread: Nashville

DoleINGout

Nice clip on OL in the draft.

https://www.clnsmedia.com/best-patriots-draft-fits-offensive-line/

They all show skills that DS can work with.  Even Little  who is getting killed by  the so call experts. I saw on NFL NW that Baldinger said after watching the ( used film to show his talent) tape that he could be a stud, one of the best in OL class. His number one guy.

I take his opinion over all the other so call.  experts

37 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I like these two, but have only seen them projected as third rounders

McGovern is a second round prospect and Deiter teeters between the second and third round grade but is justifiable in my opinion anywhere in the second.

Elgton Jenkins is a standard end of first round pick/prospect. Michael Jordan is a second round prospect as well but certainly justifiable in the first round.

BTW dig the Nick Bosa combine avatar @Hunter2_1.

Just done that fanspeak draft. I came up with this; (impossible...I'd love it though).

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P32

DL JERRY TILLERY
NOTRE DAME
2: R2P24

TE IRV SMITH
ALABAMA
3: R2P32

QB DANIEL JONES
DUKE
4: R3P9

WR RILEY RIDLEY
GEORGIA
5: R3P33

OT BOBBY EVANS
OKLAHOMA
6: R3P37

CB KRIS BOYD
TEXAS
7: R4P32

LB DAKOTA ALLEN
TEXAS TECH

2 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

He's a first round talent, IMO. I would be thrilled with him the second round. Game reminds me of Brandin Cooks.

I don't see the speed and acceleration bailing Isabella out in the NFL like it did at UMass. I think there is a very good chance he becomes a Wes Welker-like slot receiver but his frame is even smaller and his blocking is marginalized by his small stature. I hope Isabella makes it, but I don't want to invest a second round pick on him if I'm picking for the Patriots.

2 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

I really, really want Tillery in a Patriots uniform. But it seems like the hype train on him is taking off and I could see him going top 20. He's a perfect Patriot DL.

Tillery is the second best defensive tackle and as close to perfect as Quinnen Williams is as a prospect, he still isn't head and shoulder better than Tillery. Tillery has a huge ceiling. I agree he is gone by the Pats pick. At one point, because of his shoulder injury, I thought he would definitely be available throughout the first two rounds, but he is too talented and high character on top of that.

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:
Just done that fanspeak draft. I came up with this; (impossible...I'd love it though).

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P32

DL JERRY TILLERY
NOTRE DAME
2: R2P24

TE IRV SMITH
ALABAMA
3: R2P32

QB DANIEL JONES
DUKE
4: R3P9

WR RILEY RIDLEY
GEORGIA
5: R3P33

OT BOBBY EVANS
OKLAHOMA
6: R3P37

CB KRIS BOYD
TEXAS
7: R4P32

LB DAKOTA ALLEN
TEXAS TECH

I have one major problem,  QB DANIEL JONES.  IMO, A wasted pick.  Brady said he will play til he 45. Do you not believe him?  The draft nicks, don't know crap and many are talking QB. Some are saying BB has the capital to move up. Get real, they are clueless what BB will do.

Pick Jones and sit him on the bench for 3 years with  a 4 year contract.  He plays his 4th year and show promise. Jones sign 100+ mil ( Brock Osweiler) contract to NFL new loser team.

Remember, that Pats can't or won't match a 100+ deal.  Do you think Jones will not max his 2nd  contract. Shows promise your screwed. He stinks waste pick . The best and worst scenario he the new Jimmy and your cap goes to hell!

PS  the last part  doesn't mean I'm not signing but it will be problems. He will in  no way be Brady player and contract!

Edited by m haynes

3 hours ago, m haynes said:

I have one major problem,  QB DANIEL JONES.  IMO, A wasted pick.  Brady said he will play til he 45. Do you not believe him?  The draft nicks, don't know crap and many are talking QB. Some are saying BB has the capital to move up. Get real, they are clueless what BB will do.

Pick Jones and sit him on the bench for 3 years with  a 4 year contract.  He plays his 4th year and show promise. Jones sign 100+ mil ( Brock Osweiler) contract to NFL new loser team.

Remember, that Pats can't or won't match a 100+ deal.  Do you think Jones will not max his 2nd  contract. Shows promise your screwed. He stinks waste pick . The best and worst scenario he the new Jimmy and your cap goes to hell!

PS  the last part  doesn't mean I'm not signing but it will be problems. He will in  no way be Brady player and contract!

Jesus. 

First of all, we need a QB. Brady goes down then we have Hoyer (lol) and ...? 

Jones has upside. If he's good enough to cover, not a wasted pick. If he sucks, as you say, we got another season or two of Tom.

Do I believe Tom? Of course I believe him. Do you believe he won't regress (if he hasn't already), or that it's even possible he will regress? You're pinning a lot of hope on something that is unprecedented. If I think anyone can, it's god himself, but let's cover our A. 

P.S - I don't rate Jones, he was available in this silly thing and was high on big board compared to pick position

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Jesus

Na, Just a Pats Fan :D

First of all, we need a QB. Brady goes down then we have Hoyer (lol) and ...? 

I get that, we have Jones(lol), Hoyer or Danny E.  We are screwed whoever we have in for Brady if he goes down. Here a fact, Brady missed only 1 season in what 20 years !

Jones has upside. If he's good enough to cover, not a wasted pick. If he sucks, as you say, we got another season or two of Tom.

That's it in a nut shell,  you like him ,I think he sucks! I would take Grier and Finley later in the ( 5th) draft. If I can't do it next year.

Do I believe Tom? Of course I believe him. Do you believe he won't regress (if he hasn't already), or that it's even possible he will regress? You're pinning a lot of hope on something that is unprecedented. If I think anyone can, it's god himself, but let's cover our A

I'm not depending on Jones that has to take javelin steps to throw the ball 20+ yards. Face it, if Brady goes down we have zero chance, season over they would have to play the Chiefs without the GOAT! Be realistic. Lose the season get a high pick and draft someone with talent to start.

P.S - I don't rate Jones, he was available in this silly thing and was high on big board compared to pick position

I know how that is. My 1st attempt Kyler Murray, on the board at 32!!!!!!!!! I shut it down.

OK OK, I know I do this and post way to often, but I had to post this one! I know to many TEs however I just couldn't pass  on the talent. Let them fight it out. I can't believe I got my favorite need player in the 2nd RD! BB should hire me.

32: R1P32

EDGE RASHAN GARY

MICHIGAN

56: R2P24

C DALTON RISNER

KANSAS STATE

64: R2P32

TE IRV SMITH

ALABAMA

73: R3P9

WR RILEY RIDLEY

GEORGIA