2019 NFL Draft Thread: Nashville

DoleINGout

5 hours ago, m haynes said:

OK OK, I know I do this and post way to often, but I had to post this one! I know to many TEs however I just couldn't pass  on the talent. Let them fight it out. I can't believe I got my favorite need player in the 2nd RD! BB should hire me.

32: R1P32

EDGE RASHAN GARY

MICHIGAN

56: R2P24

C DALTON RISNER

KANSAS STATE

64: R2P32

TE IRV SMITH

ALABAMA

73: R3P9

WR RILEY RIDLEY

GEORGIA

97: R3P33

WR TERRY MCLAURIN

OHIO STATE

101: R3P37

RB DAVID MONTGOMERY

IOWA STATE

134: R4P32

TE JACE STERNBERGER

TEXAS A&M

205: R6P32

EDGE MAXX CROSBY

EASTERN MICHIGAN

239: R7P25

LB SIONE TAKITAKI

BYU

243: R7P29

S AMANI HOOKER

IOWA

246: R7P32

TE MATT SOKOL

MICHIGAN STATE

252: R7P38

WR GREG DORTCH

WAKE FOREST

Ha, would be amazing. 

I think all of Gary, Risner, Smith and Ridley will be gone before those respective slots, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:
3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Kahale Warring. What you saying about him?

intriguing prospect but meh player 

I dont really agree. I think he can be very productive as a pass catcher right away, especially for a team like us who has no one at the position right now. His blocking needs work but he steadily improved in college (remember he is BRAND new to the sport of football). He needs to work on hand placement but the work ethic and motivation is there for his blocking. His route running is very good, the only knock on this is that he can be slow out of the gate. His hands are not pristine but his drops decreased as the year went on as well, showing the improvement here. On one play he might make a spectacular uber athletic catch and on the next he can pull a 2018 Hogan. 

In short, I agree that he is an intriguing prospect but I also think he is getting undervalued as a player currently. He is an athletic freak who has already showed signs of putting it together at the college level as a newcomer to the sport whose game is more suited to the NFL anyways. In 2 years he could be top tier TE. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I dont really agree. I think he can be very productive as a pass catcher right away, especially for a team like us who has no one at the position right now. His blocking needs work but he steadily improved in college (remember he is BRAND new to the sport of football). He needs to work on hand placement but the work ethic and motivation is there for his blocking. His route running is very good, the only knock on this is that he can be slow out of the gate. His hands are not pristine but his drops decreased as the year went on as well, showing the improvement here. On one play he might make a spectacular uber athletic catch and on the next he can pull a 2018 Hogan. 

In short, I agree that he is an intriguing prospect but I also think he is getting undervalued as a player currently. He is an athletic freak who has already showed signs of putting it together at the college level as a newcomer to the sport whose game is more suited to the NFL anyways. In 2 years he could be top tier TE. 

very productive as a pass catcher right away,

Brady would never throw him the ball. He has no clue running routes. He comes from a running program and he started football 2 weeks ago! How long will he take to learn the intricacy of the Pats offense. IMO, The next Pats QB will see  Kahale Warring value, after the three years he learns on the practice squad.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

This is wrong. While some of his routes need polishing, every word on him from his coaches to scouts has said he has a firm understanding of the route tree and knows where to be 

Ok I'm wrong , the kid is just perfect for the Pats offense. So his coaches that have a running offense and  a TE that just started playing,  running a limited route tree thinks he can understand and perform a complex system in the NFL, especially the Pats. No thanks, I'll pass.

You have zero evidence that a  ( true)  pro scout said anything. Remember Bucky Brooks and Mel Kipers of the world, are not scouts.

Kahale Warring is a project and if there is one project tight end I'm picking in this draft, Warring is second behind Josh Oliver as a prospect for the Patriots. If I want the safest, most NFL ready tight end that can block and catch, then I am picking Isaac Nauta. If I am looking to reach for a talented pass catcher in the first round because I think it will expand the offense immediately, then I am trying to get Noah Fant or TJ Hockenson.

18 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

What would make me happiest is replacing Stephen Chokeowski with LSU Tigers kicker Cole Tracy, formerly of Assumption College, (here in New England).

I would happily spend our 6th rounder on him

27 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Can we understand that we are talking in relative terms? I still think at most Warring is a late 3rd round pick

Well I understand what you're saying relative to draft position, my counter is that Josh Oliver is the receiving threat project-tight end I would expect to see targeted by the Pats more so than Warring. Kaden Smith too.