2019 NFL Draft Thread: Nashville

DoleINGout

14 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Will Grier isn't a reach, and I guess they had a private interview with him recently.

Any QB at 32 is a reach when there will be almost guaranteed to be a defensive player who can help the team right now win a championship. We’re talking about an immediate starter at Safety, LB, DE, Or DT versus a backup QB for 2 seasons minimum 

Edited by CP3MVP

22 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Any QB at 32 is a reach when there will be almost guaranteed to be a defensive player who can help the team right now win a championship. We’re talking about an immediate starter at Safety, LB, DE, Or DT versus a backup QB for 2 seasons minimum 

You would have to be sure the QB becomes a franchise QB otherwise a wasted pick. 

7 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

You would have to be sure the QB becomes a franchise QB otherwise a wasted pick. 

And what are the chances a franchise qb lasts to 32? There’s usually only one per draft if you’re lucky and those guys get picked at the top like 1 or 2.

If there is a guy they think can be a franchise QB and they trade up to get him i have no problem with that. But just drafting a guy at the end of the first  just to have a young qb over players who can help the team win right now is a no

1 minute ago, CP3MVP said:

And what are the chances a franchise qb lasts to 32? There’s usually only one per draft if you’re lucky and those guys get picked at the top like 1 or 2.

If there is a guy they think can be a franchise QB and they trade up to get him i have no problem with that. But just drafting a guy at the end of the first  just to have a young qb over players who can help the team win right now is a no

I agree I'm not interested in drafting a QB at all, much less in the first round.

In my opinion we should concentrate on DL/WR/TE and double dip at DL and draft 3 total WR/TE. Then with 2 more valuable picks in the 3rd and 4th round BPA between LB/S/CB/OL/RB. You could  make arguments for all those positions at that point but our main focus should be DL, TE and WR I feel like.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I really wouldn't be mad if they took Josh Jacobs thirty-second overall. 😐

I don't see this happening when you have Sony Michel as a featured back. A waste of valuable resource needed in other areas. You can get a complement to SM in the lower rounds. I mentioned Alexander Mattison earlier.  A big back that can catch/run the ball.

• Like 1