2019 NFL Draft Thread: Nashville

DoleINGout

TDN mockdraft machine is running really smooth but I wish they would add the comp. picks soon.

that's what I got out of it without comp. picks where I would like a safety and a tackle or LB. I think Tillery will go earlier but I would be really happy with those picks.

Here's my first mock draft of 2019:

1. Cardinals - Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky

2. Niners - Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State

3. Jets - Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama

4. Raiders - Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma

5. Buccaneers - Andraez "Greedy" Williams, CB, LSU

6. Giants - Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State

7. Jaguars - Daniel Jones, QB, Duke

8. Lions - Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan

9. Bills - D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss

10. Broncos - Ed Oliver, DT, Houston

11. Bengals - Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama

12. Packers - Devin White, LB, LSU

13. Dolphins - Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson

14. Falcons - Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson

15. Redskins - Drew Lock, QB, Missouri

16. Panthers - Jawaan Taylor, RT, Florida

17. Browns - Yodney Cajuste, LT, West Virginia

18. Vikings - Dalton Risner, RT, Kansas State

19. Titans - Dre'Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State

20. Steelers - Byron Murphy, CB, Washington

21. Seahawks - Montez Sweat, OLB, Mississippi State

22. Ravens - K'Neal Harry, WR, Arizona State

23. Texans - Greg Little, LT, Ole Miss

24. Raiders - Taylor Rapp, S, Washington

25. Eagles - Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama

26. Colts - Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State

27. Raiders - Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama

28. Chargers - Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

29. Chiefs - Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma

30. Packers - Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama

31. Rams - Jachai Polite, OLB, Florida

32. Patriots - Will Grier, QB, West Virginia

11 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Other players I think the Pariots would consider taking at 32:

Brian Burns, OLB, Florida State

Jonathan Abram, S, Mississippi State

TJ Hockerson, TE, Iowa

JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR, Stanford

Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama

I would be shocked (and ecstatic) if Hockenson fell to 32. I think he goes top-15. 

On the topic of QB's, the guy I could see the Patriots targeting is Brett Rypien. He seems to fit the mold for the type of QB they prefer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

I would be shocked (and ecstatic) if Hockenson fell to 32. I think he goes top-15. 

On the topic of QB's, the guy I could see the Patriots targeting is Brett Rypien. He seems to fit the mold for the type of QB they prefer.

More than likely he doesn't get passed the Packers at 30.

• Like 1

I've looked at a couple of quarterbacks so far:

1. Kyler Murray, Oklahoma (Rounds 1-3) - Murray is an accurate, strong-armed passer with mediocre decision-making skills who is a dangerous running threat. He checks most of the boxes so that if you can groom him into a better decision-maker and maybe iron out some pocket awareness issues, you'll have yourself a franchise quarterback.

2. Dwayne Haskins, Ohio State (Rounds 1-3) - Haskins is solid moving through his reads and delivering passes with accuracy and plenty of zip, but his mechanics and mobility are troubling. Of course, mobility isn't a prerequisite for success, but it's nice to have. I think Haskins has starting potential, and if his mechanics get ironed out and his decision-making hits that next level, he'll be a good quarterback. If not, he'll fall short of expectations.

3. Will Grier, West Virginia (Rounds 2-5) - Grier is solid with pre-snap reads but struggles to go through progressions on time. He's generally accurate short and makes plays on the deep ball but the ball dies on him downfield. Grier's arm strength and pocket awareness are concerns, but he could succeed in an offense predicated on giving him all the information he needs before the snap to limit his post-snap mistakes or the delay in his deep ball. 

4. Drew Lock, Missouri (Rounds 2-5) - Lock has a rocket arm but is inconsistent with accuracy and decision-making. He'll need some time on the bench like Mahomes had, but I think his problems are enough that he has a limited NFL ceiling. 

5. Daniel Jones, Duke (Rounds 2-5) - Jones is a project with unspectacular accuracy and decision-making who has mechanical issues. He's got some arm strength and good general accuracy but I don't see a ton to look forward to with him. He's very mediocre all-around and has some decificits in important areas.

6. Brett Rypien, Boise State (Rounds 4-7) - There are things to like and things to hate about Rypien's game. The way I feel about him is that if you're looking for a guy like Rypien, you might as well take Grier a round or two earlier because they're similar prospects, but Grier is better. Rypien is good at getting the defense to show its hand before the snap and he uses that information to make snap judgements, but this means he's too eager to lock on to his first read and he often fails to go through progressions if the hot read fails him. As a multi-year starter, he looked comfortable in command of the Boise State offense and has solid general accuracy and good short accuracy, but his arm strength is a big concern and it means he can't afford to delay on any deep throw or throw outside the numbers. In the games I watched, he struggled to drive the ball outside the numbers, bouncing too many low passes, and his arm strength caused him to be too late on some intermediate throws. That's a concern I don't know if you can fix rather than mask at the NFL level. If a team could develop him for a few years and let him work on his post-snap reads, he could work a West Coast offense pretty well, but his arm strength is at this point a concern, as is his processing.

7. Ryan Finley, N.C. State (Rounds 4-7) - Finley is in last so far by a good margin (on my 10-point scale, Rypien is 0.10 behind Jones and 0.75 ahead of Finley). Given his age and experience as a sixth-year senior, you'd like to see him to comfortable going through progressions and reading the field, but that just isn't true of Finley at this point, and since he's 24 already, there isn't much of a window for development in that area before he has to get thrown into a game. His placement skill is lacking and his accuracy is spotty downfield, partially because of a deficit in arm strength. His mechanics are pretty clean, as they should be for a sixth-year senior, but there isn't a lot to like I think. He's also, despite being 6'3", just 185 pounds, which is definitely a concern at 20 pounds lighter than Kyler.

32 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

2. Dwayne Haskins, Ohio State (Rounds 1-3) - Haskins is solid moving through his reads and delivering passes with accuracy and plenty of zip, but his mechanics and mobility are troubling. Of course, mobility isn't a prerequisite for success, but it's nice to have. I think Haskins has starting potential, and if his mechanics get ironed out and his decision-making hits that next level, he'll be a good quarterback. If not, he'll fall short of expectations.

If you have to work on your mechanics at the pro level you are likely doomed IMO

• Like 1

IMO  Will Grier will be a back up at the next level.  He was horrible at the SR bowl.  He has a weak arm,  stares down his receiver and his accuracy is awful.  I hope the Pats pass on a QB this year, especially the early rounds. The  2019 QB class is awful. Don't waste a pick reaching for a so call need.  They say Jones is a 1st rd pick. Please!

Here is what I would like.  Trade the 1st round pick. Get a (high) 2nd RD and a pick for next year. ( Someone mentioned Wynn coming back, you might as well said the whole draft class.) If we keep the pick or with (trade) high 2nd,  I would take Irv Smith. He has the perfect combination for the Pat new offensive scheme running and passing. He has skills in both blocking and passing. . He

2nd

Rd, 56,  I would take  WR, JJ Arcegna-Whiteside,( one of my favorite players in the draft.) Perfect for the Pats offense. If he gone, Deebo Samuel or a ( I would prefer FA) DL.

64. OL David Edwards  Thurney traded. Load up on picks for next 2020 QB.

3rd

73  DL  Isaiah Buggs  or any that should be on the board.

101. Amani Hooker - S - Iowa  Ball hawk, smart. BB connection.

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 2