Whic Sport will Kyler Murray Choose?

brownie man

Which Sport will Kyler Choose?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which Sport?

On 2/16/2019 at 3:59 PM, Superman(DH23) said:

The pros are not college, and we're not talking about a 5'11 3/4" 200 lb qb, we're talking about a Tarik Cohen sized QB.  

Measured in a half inch shorter and three pounds heavier than Wilson.

16 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Measured in a half inch shorter and three pounds heavier than Wilson.

Not the same at all with the weight lol. Wilson had cut down for the combine, he was like 215. Murray just unnaturally bulked up from 195 to 207 leading up to the combine and was probably on a ridiculous calorie surplus. Putting on 12lbs that fast will be ALL fat, guaranteed. Muscle is a sustained, small calorie surplus. Murray will be 195 again after the combine. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Not the same at all with the weight lol. Wilson had cut down for the combine, he was like 215. Murray just unnaturally bulked up from 195 to 207 leading up to the combine and was probably on a ridiculous calorie surplus. Putting on 12lbs that fast will be ALL fat, guaranteed. Muscle is a sustained, small calorie surplus. Murray will be 195 again after the combine. 

He knew (and his agent knew) what people were looking for, so they made it happen. I don't know what magic they used to get him to measure 5'10", but he did. Also, I agree he probably took Weight Gain 5000 Cartman-style and put on some extra pounds to tone down the people calling him scrawny.

I'm thinking Murray is the most polarizing prospect of the past decade. I'm not sure I've seen someone evaluated as both "surefire top 5 QB pick and game-changer" and "not NFL material". Maybe Tebow or Manziel? But he's not like them as a prospect either. His will be an interesting case to follow.

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If by “like 215”, you mean 204, then yes. Wilson was “like 215” (which is his actual playing weight right now). 

I’m not going to sit here and pretend that I know Murray’s playing weight - past or future. No one really knows when it comes to the former, because there have been a bunch of different numbers floated out there. But after getting measured, I will for sure sit here and laugh at the people who sat on a high horse and thought he was coming in at 5’7, 175lbs (aka “Tarik Cohen” sized).

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

If by “like 215”, you mean 204, then yes. Wilson was “like 215” (which is his actual playing weight right now). 

I’m not going to sit here and pretend that I know Murray’s playing weight - past or future. No one really knows when it comes to the former, because there have been a bunch of different numbers floated out there. But after getting measured, I will for sure sit here and laugh at the people who sat on a high horse and thought he was coming in at 5’7, 175lbs (aka “Tarik Cohen” sized).

No one thought that. Everyone thought 5’9” 1/2 190-195. I’m still confused about the height. Two verified scouts measured him before. One got him at 5’9” 6/8. The other got him at 5’9” 7/8 with socks. I don’t know he grew a quarter of an inch in a few months. 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

No one thought that. Everyone thought 5’9” 1/2 190-195. 

On 2/16/2019 at 3:59 PM, Superman(DH23) said:

The pros are not college, and we're not talking about a 5'11 3/4" 200 lb qb, we're talking about a Tarik Cohen sized QB.  Be real.  

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m still confused about the height. Two verified scouts measured him before. One got him at 5’9” 6/8. The other got him at 5’9” 7/8 with socks. I don’t know he grew a quarter of an inch in a few months. 

Probably the same way Russell Wilson dropped 20+ pounds in a similar time frame. 

Other numbers are unreliable.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Probably the same way Russell Wilson dropped 20+ pounds in a similar time frame. 

Other numbers are unreliable.

Well gaining/dropping weight is ridiculously easy. UFC Fighters can cut 15lbs in a couple days by not eating sodium, drinking little water, not eating, and using enemas to clear out all their waste. They can also easily cut 35-40lbs throughout a few month training camp. You can also easily put on weight, you can put on 10lbs in one week if you want, if you were on a rodiculous 7000-10000 calorie surplus (it’ll be all fat though).  Weight is easily manipulated. 

The height thing is what’s baffling. He was 5’9” 6/8 on two occasions and now he’s 5’10” on the dot? Kyler Murray is a magician.

25 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Well gaining/dropping weight is ridiculously easy. UFC Fighters can cut 15lbs in a couple days by not eating sodium, drinking little water, not eating, and using enemas to clear out all their waste. They can also easily cut 35-40lbs throughout a few month training camp. You can also easily put on weight, you can put on 10lbs in one week if you want, if you were on a rodiculous 7000-10000 calorie surplus (it’ll be all fat though).  Weight is easily manipulated. 

The height thing is what’s baffling. He was 5’9” 6/8 on two occasions and now he’s 5’10” on the dot? Kyler Murray is a magician.

It’s 5’10 1/8, I believe.

Could it be that the reports were either wrong or not accurate? Seems like you’re coming in thinking Murray would be 5’9~, 195~. I have a hard time believing that if those were his combine measurements, you’d be this skeptical. Because they’d fit what you already believe. But since they’re different - something must be wrong, it’s likely just fat that he’s gained, etc. Occam’s razor says that the wide-ranging reports of 5’7-5’9, 175-195 were just inaccurate. Murray may very well have been playing at a lower weight, it’s even likely, but you’ll have a hard time convincing people you aren’t biased if the guy comes in exactly how you’d want him to be, but then give all these reasons about how they’re not to be trusted.

The hoops people set up to justify how his measurements are inaccurate are going to be what they’re going to be. But A) I don’t think for a second these people would be bringing them up if his measurements were on the low spectrum instead of the high spectrum, and B) this has nothing to do with the laughably bad Tarik Cohen comment - the only thing I was really responding to ITT.

I don’t even care about Murray as a prospect and honestly, he seemed really...awkward during interviews. No idea if he busts or not. His size is for sure on the bottom end. But it seems like people who don’t like him as a prospect are clinging to their biggest trump card.

On 3/2/2019 at 12:51 PM, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

I've never seen a more obvious bust than this dude. Russell Wilson is the EXCEPTION. Not the rule.

Obvious bust...why, exactly? Just because of the height? Sounds like you think there's more to it than that...

Archived