2019 combine

bucsfan333

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Josh Allen falls to five.

I m not sure it is a slam dunk Allen is over White for this defense.  I believe the Jets under Bowles didn t draft an outside pass rusher until the 3rd round.  I could be wrong, but with it being a blitz heavy team an all around ILB nay have greater value.  A good problem to have at 5

Just now, ravishingone said:

I m not sure it is a slam dunk Allen is over White for this defense.  I believe the Jets under Bowles didn t draft an outside pass rusher until the 3rd round.  I could be wrong, but with it being a blitz heavy team an all around ILB nay have greater value.  A good problem to have at 5

The Jets never had great outside rushers. They utilized their dline (and even drafted multiple guys in the first) and their ILBs.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

The Jets never had great outside rushers. They utilized their dline (and even drafted multiple guys in the first) and their ILBs.

Exactly, so how much of a priority is OLB  in Bowles 3-4 under.  At this point, I agree dline looks like a priority because of leaning towarda retaining GMC

Just now, ravishingone said:

Exactly, so how much of a priority is OLB  in Bowles 3-4 under.  At this point, I agree dline looks like a priority because of leaning towarda retaining GMC

White makes perfect sense at five. He's fast as hell. He's great in coverage. He hits hard. He can blitz with the best of them. Kwon is too expensive. The defense is the biggest problem with this team. He'll probably be BPA when we're otc at five.

The stars are aligning for him to become a Buc come April 25th.

McCoy - Vea - Nassib

JPP - Lavonte - White - ???

Options are slim for that last spot. Gotta think Spence would be the leading candidate. 😬 

There should still be good EDGE guys in the second/third.

I don't think Kwon would hold up rushing against OTs every snap.

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

McCoy - Vea - Nassib

JPP - Lavonte - White - ???

Options are slim for that last spot. Gotta think Spence would be the leading candidate. 😬 

There should still be good EDGE guys in the second/third.

I don't think Kwon would hold up rushing against OTs every snap.

I could dig it. But if you sub White for Kwon and put Allen in the Rush LB spot we could be cookin. So many options though. Good problem to have.

18 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Still think it's a priority, as Jets never really had that elite 3-4 OLB prospect to take. Plus, they were always looking at QB last year with guys like Chubb, etc...

If you're Bowles you take an elite talent and mold/adjust your defense to him...

7 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Still think it's a priority, as Jets never really had that elite 3-4 OLB prospect to take. Plus, they were always looking at QB last year with guys like Chubb, etc...

If you're Bowles you take an elite talent and mold/adjust your defense to him...

The idea of molding your defense to your personnel is kind of a myth. We're far better off running a 4/3. But we're a 3/4 going forward.

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The idea of molding your defense to your personnel is kind of a myth. We're far better off running a 4/3. But we're a 3/4 going forward.

Agreed, you run your defense and find the players that can thrive in your system...

But when that star comes along, you dont pass on him just because you may think a lesser player fits better. You find a way to cater his role to maximize his talent...

1 minute ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Agreed, you run your defense and find the players that can thrive in your system...

But when that star comes along, you dont pass on him just because you may think a lesser player fits better. You find a way to cater his role to maximize his talent...

I definitely agree with that. 

Archived