2019 combine

bucsfan333

11 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

why??

Extremely raw player. Believe he was a converted RB and just started playing LB 2 years ago. And it shows because he is inconsistent as a tackler in run pursuit. Pop in the tape for RoQuan Smith and you’ll see the difference. Smith nowhere as fast but his downfield coverage ability and range for LB is elite. White i never seen it from him. No doubt he has the speed but who cares? If you cant identify the right assignment then you’ll just be a chicken with your head cut off. We’d be projecting him to be able to handle that. I need to see someone do it right at a college level before I put ANY faith they can handle it in the NFL where the speed of the game is faster. Mental proceessing for route combo n concepts is easy to dissect on the whiteboard but can he make the right drops on the field ? I dunno never seen him display it. in today’s passing league its a huge red flag. 

Watched the LSU/UGA gams and was unimpressed. LSU really imo just recruits kids who are just freak ATH in the front 7 but not too sound/smart football players. I cannot think of anyone that came from there in the front 7 who has actually been good. The DBs on the other hand are pro ready and simply bc those guys play every coverage you can think of from quarters to inverted c3. Reality is White has the most bust potential out the names being mentioned for pick 5. if he is our guy we need to trade down and pray the lb coach can groom him into a player. Me, I’d pass and just get a DL at 5. Oliver would be my pick before a LB. Assuming Q, Allen and Bosa off the board. 

2 hours ago, indifference said:

Extremely raw player. Believe he was a converted RB and just started playing LB 2 years ago. And it shows because he is inconsistent as a tackler in run pursuit. Pop in the tape for RoQuan Smith and you’ll see the difference. Smith nowhere as fast but his downfield coverage ability and range for LB is elite. White i never seen it from him. No doubt he has the speed but who cares? If you cant identify the right assignment then you’ll just be a chicken with your head cut off. We’d be projecting him to be able to handle that. I need to see someone do it right at a college level before I put ANY faith they can handle it in the NFL where the speed of the game is faster. Mental proceessing for route combo n concepts is easy to dissect on the whiteboard but can he make the right drops on the field ? I dunno never seen him display it. in today’s passing league its a huge red flag. 

Watched the LSU/UGA gams and was unimpressed. LSU really imo just recruits kids who are just freak ATH in the front 7 but not too sound/smart football players. I cannot think of anyone that came from there in the front 7 who has actually been good. The DBs on the other hand are pro ready and simply bc those guys play every coverage you can think of from quarters to inverted c3. Reality is White has the most bust potential out the names being mentioned for pick 5. if he is our guy we need to trade down and pray the lb coach can groom him into a player. Me, I’d pass and just get a DL at 5. Oliver would be my pick before a LB. Assuming Q, Allen and Bosa off the board. 

I agree somewhat with ur evaluation but vander esch also had some of the same qualms and they also said he was raw.  As for q smith he was something special and if he had better size would have been picked much higher no doubt.  That was the main reason he wasn't picked as high.

Also not that it matters but danielle hunter came out of LSU and hes pretty good :D.  But yes ur right def more busts than boom from LSU front 7.

Archived