2019 combine

bucsfan333

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like Peyton Barber is our starting RB next year. I wouldn't expect a Mark Ingram (or equivalent) signing. We'll probably bring in more competition for Rojo. But it sounds like Arians really likes Barber.

The answers regarding whether or not McCoy will be here next season are still weird and subtly nonanswer-y. If McCoy does get traded, I'd expect 3-tech to be really high on our board. Sounds like Arians wants pressure up the gut.

Vea is our NT. Which isn't really a surprise.

Arians likes/wants speed at LB. Doesn't sound like the Lavonte rumor holds any weight. I do think Kwon is a priority. Especially after Licht's comments about Kwon's leadership. But the White speculation seems legit if Kwon outprices himself.

I wouldn't be surprised if we went after a vet or two for the secondary and didn't draft a single DB. Sounds like Arians likes the potential on the back end. He just wants more reps/coaching for who we have.

9 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Sounds like Peyton Barber is our starting RB next year. I wouldn't expect a Mark Ingram (or equivalent) signing. We'll probably bring in more competition for Rojo. But it sounds like Arians really likes Barber.

The answers regarding whether or not McCoy will be here next season are still weird and subtly nonanswer-y. If McCoy does get traded, I'd expect 3-tech to be really high on our board. Sounds like Arians wants pressure up the gut.

Vea is our NT. Which isn't really a surprise.

Arians likes/wants speed at LB. Doesn't sound like the Lavonte rumor holds any weight. I do think Kwon is a priority. Especially after Licht's comments about Kwon's leadership. But the White speculation seems legit if Kwon outprices himself.

I wouldn't be surprised if we went after a vet or two for the secondary and didn't draft a single DB. Sounds like Arians likes the potential on the back end. He just wants more reps/coaching for who we have.

Quinnen is there at 5, they draft him and move GMC.  I still expect Mathieu to be resigned.  I think in the end Kwon comes back on a 1 yr deal.  Guard gets signed in free agency, probably a guy who can also play center if Jensen goes down.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Quinnen is there at 5, they draft him and move GMC.  I still expect Mathieu to be resigned.  I think in the end Kwon comes back on a 1 yr deal.  Guard gets signed in free agency, probably a guy who can also play center if Jensen goes down.

It sounds like the Benenoch experience is over. A guy who can start at RG for $2-3M and not suck would make a lot of sense. Especially with guys like Ford and Lindstrom (draft and start guys) likely to go in the 16-32 range in the draft.

Unless we could trade down from five and pick up an extra second to move back up for one of those guys around 25.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

It sounds like the Benenoch experience is over. A guy who can start at RG for $2-3M and not suck would make a lot of sense. Especially with guys like Ford and Lindstrom (draft and start guys) likely to go in the 16-32 range in the draft.

Unless we could trade down from five and pick up an extra second to move back up for one of those guys around 25.

Quick math- cutting Benenoch, Anger, Gholston, Unrein, and Allen saves around 17 million.  Trading Brate adds another 7 million.  They can restructure some deals like JPP and create more space.  

I think Iupati makes some sense.  I expect them to make a run at Claiborne especially since Stewart is moving to safety.  I think Dot survives, unless they go tackle in the first 2 rds.

25 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Quick math- cutting Benenoch, Anger, Gholston, Unrein, and Allen saves around 17 million.  Trading Brate adds another 7 million.  They can restructure some deals like JPP and create more space.  

I think Iupati makes some sense.  I expect them to make a run at Claiborne especially since Stewart is moving to safety.  I think Dot survives, unless they go tackle in the first 2 rds.

Yeah. I can't imagine Dot would be cut before the draft. No need to create a major hole for a little extra cap space.

Iupati, Ben Foster, Andy Levitre, and Rodger Saffold are all possibilities for guard. Even a guy like James Carpenter would be better than what we've trotted out the last few years. And they'd all be a quicker fix than a rookie, unless we can get one of the top two or three.

I really hope we move Brate. I'd rather have the extra fourth or fifth than a second TE. Would give us more flexibility to move around the draft if we don't actually trade out of five.

Archived