2019 combine

bucsfan333

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Yeah. I can't imagine Dot would be cut before the draft. No need to create a major hole for a little extra cap space.

Iupati, Ben Foster, Andy Levitre, and Rodger Saffold are all possibilities for guard. Even a guy like James Carpenter would be better than what we've trotted out the last few years. And they'd all be a quicker fix than a rookie, unless we can get one of the top two or three.

I really hope we move Brate. I'd rather have the extra fourth or fifth than a second TE. Would give us more flexibility to move around the draft if we don't actually trade out of five.

Considering the WR depth chart before the draft is probably going to be:  Evans, DJax, Godwin, Watson, Wilson, and Bailey, I have a feeling 2 TE sets won t be the norm.  Even if Howard gets dinged,  going 4 WR won t be a problem.  I wouldn t be shocked if they draft a WR on Day 3, probably another burner.

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Considering the WR depth chart before the draft is probably going to be:  Evans, DJax, Godwin, Watson, Wilson, and Bailey, I have a feeling 2 TE sets won t be the norm.  Even if Howard gets dinged,  going 4 WR won t be a problem.  I wouldn t be shocked if they draft a WR on Day 3, probably another burner.

I wonder if Arians would like a gadgety type WR like Paris Campbell from tOSU. Dude can fly and line up in the backfield. The draft seems pretty deep at WR. Especially for days two and three. 

Or maybe we throw our seventh at Cinci and see if we can make John Ross relevant. Or swap our fifth for their sixth and Ross. Or something.

14 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I wonder if Arians would like a gadgety type WR like Paris Campbell from tOSU. Dude can fly and line up in the backfield. The draft seems pretty deep at WR. Especially for days two and three. 

Or maybe we throw our seventh at Cinci and see if we can make John Ross relevant. Or swap our fifth for their sixth and Ross. Or something.

Problem with a trade for Ross is his contract.  Top 10 pick.  Considering BA drafted JJ Nelson, I do think a small speedster will be selected.  

50 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Yeah. I can't imagine Dot would be cut before the draft. No need to create a major hole for a little extra cap space.

Iupati, Ben Foster, Andy Levitre, and Rodger Saffold are all possibilities for guard. Even a guy like James Carpenter would be better than what we've trotted out the last few years. And they'd all be a quicker fix than a rookie, unless we can get one of the top two or three.

I really hope we move Brate. I'd rather have the extra fourth or fifth than a second TE. Would give us more flexibility to move around the draft if we don't actually trade out of five.

I would add in Ramon Foster to the guard mix. He's been a good player for BA in past and still playing at high level...

Could be had in short term deal...

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

If he decides to run in Indy, almost a guarantee he ll run below 4.6. IIRC, WRs who had speed issues usually would wait till their pro day.  Most recently, Treadwell ironically from Ole Miss

I think the over/under is 4.59.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Probably puts him at four to Oakland. Gruden was pretty enamored when he talked about meeting him.

To come in a shade below 230, his agent has to be pretty confident he can run below 4.55.  He should be WR1 in this draft after this weekend.  Oakland is such a wildcard.  Only thing I know about the first 4 picks is Bosa will be gone by 5.  That s about it.

Archived