(Pre-Combine/FA) 2019 2 rounds w/ BIG TRADES + FA projections

wcf1989

Signing Trey Flowers would be perfect, trading down twice would be perfect, taking Baker and Ferguson would be bad. Baker isn't going to test well enough to intrigue the Lions and Ferguson would be redundant if they sign Flowers. Honestly, TJ Hockenson would be my pick in the 1st round. They have garbage at TE and Hockenson is as good as it gets in a TE prospect. 2nd round could be LB/CB/OL depending on what else they do in free agency. Te'von Coney, Joejuan Williams, and Michael Deiter are good fits for the Lions in the 2nd

4 hours ago, wcf1989 said:

I just think that their focus will be continuing to build with the draft. I think they will sign people in free agency but I think they will just be focusing on getting strong role players cause they will be giving big time extensions to Peppers, Ward, Garrett, Chubb, and Mayfield within the next 3 to 4 years. There is also guys like Njoku, Avery, Randall, etc. who would be nice to keep around long term also. I know they can invest in someone short term but why not give a younger talent playing time instead.

No way they don't sign at least 1 starter but you can have your opinion. Dorsey is great at drafting but I don't think even he can produce 5 starters from the draft and that is what we need. Jmo 

18 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Jags wont have Bortles on the roster. hes done finished.  

the trade up for haskins seems a bit on the low end for compensation but im not gonna complain there.

the jags are in a terrible cap position and dont need to trade a 2nd for brown whos much too expensive for the team.  the jags would likely pick dalton risner to be the starting RT for the now :)

I would love to figure out a way to make that work though. AB and Haskins would make me more excited for any QB-WR duo in franchise history since Brunell-Smith and only reason its not ever is just bc Haskins is an unknown

6 hours ago, wcf1989 said:

The Bills interior was not good. Star was incredibly average, took double teams cause the rest of the team was whack. Suh brings hard nosed attitude to that defense and will open up opportunities for their edge rushers. Outside of White, who plays CB in Buffalo? There is no #2.

Levi Wallace who was excellent (both to the eye and statistically).

Taron Johnson is set as nickel CB.

McDermott has a long history of developing late round DBs, so with as many picks as they have they'll no doubt draft a couple for competition. But White and Wallace as starting CBs is one of the best tandems around

But Greedy Williams is a shockingly bad fit. McDermott emphasises DBs who tackle. Williams doesn't tackle

Word out of GB is Graham is coming back for the final year of the contract he signed last year but I think we'll take a TE early this spring to play behind JG and then start in 2020.   Will it be Fant or Hockenson is the question.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:50 AM, IDOG_det said:

Signing Trey Flowers would be perfect, trading down twice would be perfect, taking Baker and Ferguson would be bad. Baker isn't going to test well enough to intrigue the Lions and Ferguson would be redundant if they sign Flowers. Honestly, TJ Hockenson would be my pick in the 1st round. They have garbage at TE and Hockenson is as good as it gets in a TE prospect. 2nd round could be LB/CB/OL depending on what else they do in free agency. Te'von Coney, Joejuan Williams, and Michael Deiter are good fits for the Lions in the 2nd

I agree on Flowers, if we take a CB early I'd rather stay put and take Greedy.  I don't want a TE in the first, I don't care how they test/compare, its almost like taking a K/P in the first.  They don't have the impact unless they are Gronk, but there was only one Gronk so I'd rather sit tight and see who falls to the 2nd/3rd.  Pass rush is not redundant either.  We need more than one pass rusher and would be fine taking edge players in the first four rounds. 

Not against it but I would worry big time about our run D. Its already pretty meh and having two speed rushers in Landry and Polite would be worrisome. Hopefully we’d be ble go add someone like ZaDarius Smith or Preston Smith to start. Solid pick with Brown but I do worry about adding another young WR to this group. Best option is to add a veteran who is actually pretty decent to good(Tate, Humphries, etc.)

Archived